I am a big coward (Draug)

+
I am a big coward (Draug)

I play in medium difficulty. I just kill the big draug with flying knives. Is embarrasing, but if I go closer for attack this giant specter with my sword... Always ends dying in seconds.

Wich was your strategy?

I usually just wait for it to charge me, then roll away. While it's recovering from the charge, I hit it in the back with a few strong blows. Basically repeat until he dies. And obviously when he calls down his arrows I run off to the edge of the area to avoid them.

Well, I just wrote my strategy to beat the draug in Witcher wiki, on The Eternal Battle quest article :)

Basically, any sign is useless except yrden and quen. Quen is vital in this fight in case you get shot by the fire meteors or the Draug's blows. Since you can't parry, I roll and roll and run as hell... LOL

About Yrden: I've used the sign a couple of time, coz the Draug has a high resistance to it. So you probably need to cast it more than once. If it get trapped, you can hit him with the sword. I used some bombs (grapeshot) on my very first playthrough as well, but didn't find very effective. In fact the Draug is basically invulnerable to fire. Anyway, it took much less time to kill it in my second play :)

I've never worked out what makes the Draug break up into little pieces, and whirl around before reforming. Do you know what causes that to happen?

One problem with fighting the Draug is that he is well armored. (I seem to recall he has 35 armor.) If you have bombs at base strength, they end up doing little damage. If you have upgraded bombs (one or two levels of the Alchemist talent, and/or Thyssen's Armor), your bombs will do a lot more damage, and this becomes a useful tactic.

If you fight him with a sword, his weakness is his left flank. You need a good sword (a meteorite sword or Blood Sword) and strong attacks to overcome his armor and break his shield. You can freeze him with Yrden so that he cannot turn, long enough to get a few blows in. Then get out of there before he bashes you back to Avallach.

dragonbird said:
I've never worked out what makes the Draug break up into little pieces, and whirl around before reforming. Do you know what causes that to happen?
I think it's random or A.I. dealing. Don't know exactly. I think it works more or less just like the meteors shower.

Top Bottom