I am completely mortified at the release date for homecoming on consoles.

+
So your idea is to let everyone else wait as well? You sure are selfish.
Kindly go back and re-read my post. Nowhere did I suggest delaying PC's Homecoming. There's a big difference between not wanting to get screwed, and wanting everyone to get screwed right along with you.

I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. That you then chastise me for being selfish based on your false assumption is appreciated even less.

And by the way, we all know how some would've reacted if they made the decision you are suggesting.
Again, I never suggested anything except not repeatedly screwing console players. And, again, you put words in my mouth and then climbed up on your soap box.

A lot of people (maybe even yourself and OP) would've pointed their finger at CDPR for breaking promises and "yet another delay", "we knew they wouldn't made it in time" and so on would overflow the board.
You may well be right.

So i'm sorry for console players, but this is the only reasonable solution.
Believe it or not, considering the path CDPR took, I agree with you. It would be incredibly unfair to PC users to delay their launch just to coincide with the console launch.

But given the forseeable difficulties that others have pointed out regarding console releases (relative to GOG releases, that is), CDPR either;

A) Didn't know about these difficulties, and were taken by surprise. Not likely, given their previous experience with consoles.

B) Failed to account for these potential delays in the original 6 month timeframe announcement, thus forcing a delay in the console launch. Possible, but this would make them pretty incompetent.

C) They knew all along that the console release would be delayed and simply didn't bother to tell us until now. This would be yet another PR mistake from a company that has made quite a few of them in the last year.

Perhaps what they should have done (given that they apparently took option C) is just be up front with the console playerbase from the start. At least we would have known about all of this ahead of time, and could have been excited about the early December release instead of angry about it.

I still am trying to wrap my mind around the concept that this is only because of consoles needing to go through the quality testing process. The midwinter update didn't release on PC first. It was released on all the platforms at the same time. If it was done back then why can't it be done now with more than 6 months notice?

Yeah it's a bummer for sure. I would have never started playing on the ps4 had I known my account would be locked. I really wish I could transfer it to pc.. Have a full collection and near half a million scraps, no way I'm starting over
Post automatically merged:

Would the alternative be better: Although everything is ready for PC, they also have to wait until December.
?

Yes, gives them more time to balance and think of better card effects than what we have seen so far. I knew it was going to be delayed though just didn't think it would be a split release like this.

I think they should've at least given Thronebreaker a Oct 23rd release on consoles and say hey, multiplayer side of Gwent needs a little bit more time to finish on consoles, but you can have fun with this in the meanwhile.

As TB is a completely different game and a different project, I'm sure it could've been pushed to consoles earlier if they wanted, supported by the fact that it's single player only so it has less hassle with QA in general.

I think everyone would've been quite happy to play TB for a month and in thay way at least somehow famialirize (though as they've said there are differences in mechanics between TB and multiplayer Gwent) themselves with the new style Gwent. Instead they decided both TB and HC need to release side-by-side and thus no TB earlier for consoles (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

As TB is a completely different game and a different project, I'm sure it could've been pushed to consoles earlier if they wanted, supported by the fact that it's single player only so it has less hassle with QA in general.

Except if Thronebreaker uses Homecoming mechanics, which we do not know but I would assume it does, it can't be released if Homecoming is not released.

Except if Thronebreaker uses Homecoming mechanics, which we do not know but I would assume it does, it can't be released if Homecoming is not released.

How would this matter? They're being released on PC then also, so they aren't "spoiling" anything. And we know TB can be downloaded separately without needing to download and install the Gwent at all.

How would this matter? They're being released on PC then also, so they aren't "spoiling" anything. And we know TB can be downloaded separately without needing to download and install the Gwent at all.

In my mind I am assuming that whatever excuses they have for homecoming needing the time to finish for consoles they have the same excuses for thronebreaker.

I do completely agree with you however. This is the most disappointed I have ever been with Gwent but if they could have at least given us throne breaker in October that would have been nice to enjoy until homecoming. I really hate when developers treat console owners so poorly. It's like if you are going to go multi platform at least treat your platforms equally.

And we know TB can be downloaded separately without needing to download and install the Gwent at all.

Which doesn't mean it won't share some code with GWENT. There will be card battles, some of which will be normal battles. What exactly that means, only the REDs know at this point.

Homecoming is delayed due to technical and licensing reasons -- so logic would say the same reasons apply to Thronebreaker if its battles share features with Homecoming.

UPDATE: Thronebreaker WILL use Homecoming rules: link.

Last edited:
Stop sugarcoating it.

They didn't make their deadline. (I refuse to believe they forgot to include licensing in their planning)

People are mad because it's a competitive game, no kegs can replace 5 weeks of experience.

To be honest i already created a pc account because we constantly getting treated as second class customers. There are already enough arguments brought up in this thread why we feel like that.

The problems i have with changing to PC are:

a) my Laptop is really not that good. The performance is far worse than on PS4 and i can't even display all the premiums in proper fps.
b) i'm loosing a complete premium collection on my PS4, all titles, borders and avatars i grinded for, the money i invested in my account there and all my saved scraps and the ones i would get from the automill when HC arrives.

When the game was announced on consoles i was so happy to play it there. If i had known back then, that we console players are always getting treated like sh1t -i'm sorry but i have to say it like that- i wouldn't even have installed Gwent back then. And i wouldn't have invested any money into the game.
Maybe i'm just really frustrated right now because of the announcement, but i think CDPR really does an absolutely bad job when it comes to equal treatment of player bases and i'm really disappointed from them.

Guest 4328813

Sorry for my bad English first.

I am really disappointed that CDPR make this decision. I really love gwent before as like as I hate it now

As a ps4 player, I invested so many time and money in this game, I have full collection and 90% premium card in my account and over 3000 games played, now I am really regret of playing this game.

Like Twitch drop issue, connection issue, insane bug in consoles (I just cant forget I can't put my Miruna on melee row for a month!) and all other things that people mention before, I am angry but I can still handle it. But now, sorry, I have to say "It is Enough!" and I will stop playing this game as a second-class player.

Goodbye CDPR

It sounds like there are extra requirements for consoles that force longer development time. I don't think it is cdpr's fault. I am sure they want to get the game to as many people as possible as quickly as possible. Most games that go to both platforms take longer to release on console. I have an account on both PC and PS4 so I will be in both camps.

I've been thinking about this a bit lately and would like to give some thoughts. I can't be very sure that this "Is not cdpr's fault". Burza's exact words were "We need to work on the game for a short bit longer and then send in the certification". The wording of that sounds like they simply weren't done with the console versions yet which would mean that they simply did not meet the deadline. What you said about games taking longer to release on console is true but only to an extent. Sometimes it takes longer but is it usually 5 weeks? Has there been any precedent with this in Gwent? The midwinter update was the next biggest update and it released on all platforms at the same times so why would this time be any different?

With Homecoming a lot is different - different visual style, different balancing and so on. It's not just a simple patch. With that many changes half a year of developing isn't that much time, especially when you also have to adjust a lot of the gameplay to match the new version of Gwent.

While I understand the disappointment of some people (yeah, it's a huge advantage for competitive PC players who already know the new mechanics very well in December), I also understand why CDPR doesn't want to postbone the game, just because of the PS4 and Xbox One version. It's usually not the best idea to rush a console port.

I don't think there's a perfect solution for everyone here.

Last edited:
With Homecoming a lot is different - different visual style, different balancing and so on. It's not just a simple patch. With that many changes half a year of developing isn't that much time, especially when you also have to adjust a lot of the gameplay to match the new version of Gwent.

While I understand the disappointment of some people (yeah, it's a huge advantage for competitive PC players who already know the new mechanics very well in December), I also understand why CDPR doesn't want to postbone the game, just because of the PS4 version. It's usually not the best idea to rush a PS4 port.

I don't think there's a perfect solution for everyone here.

I noticed you didn't mention xbox one players....

Now I added Xbox One as well :D

Then I will just respond that the perfect solution is treating all platforms equally but since they didn't do that two consoles are left in the cold. That is a big deal. If they think slapping a few kegs on it will solve anything I really doubt it.

Then I will just respond that the perfect solution is treating all platforms equally but since they didn't do that two consoles are left in the cold.

Meanwhile, Nintendo Switch users...

Then I will just respond that the perfect solution is treating all platforms equally but since they didn't do that two consoles are left in the cold. That is a big deal. If they think slapping a few kegs on it will solve anything I really doubt it.

I doubt that's the perfect solution. In that case, most likely there would be an even bigger uproar from PC players because the game got delayed again because of consoles.

I'm tired of CDPR excluding console players. I'm no tech nerd but why can't they just make the accounts "cross playable" like Elder scrolls where you can play on the same account when on both the PS4 and PC.

Except that statement is incorrect.

I play Elder Scrolls Online on my PS4. All PS4 players in Europe are hosted on one server. PS4 players from US, PC players from Europe and PC players from US are all hosted on separate servers each. There is no crossplay between these different servers at all (neither platform nor continents). You can play on all servers with the same account, but not the same character, which is not really crossplay either.

Elder Scrolls Legends is currently not available for consoles yet, because Bethesda exactly insists on crossplay being able to work between all platforms seamlessly, so stated by Pete Hines (i.e. currently you can start your arena run on mobile, continue it on PC and finish it on MAC, if you want, and that should be the same case with consoles). Why? Mainly because Sony wants to keep their ecosystem isolated (for business reasons). That is probably also the reason why you can play Gwent as PS4 player vs. a PC player (because the match is hosted on a CDPR server) but if you have accounts for both PC and PS4 they are totally separated and cannot be merged.

Thus when I started playing on PC I had to start from scratch, even though I had most cards already on PS4 (which is a bummer).

I do agree with your sentiment that console players seem not to be the first priority for CDPR. All their games have been released on PC first, so that is their strength and history. I wouldn't mind to see according numbers for player distribution on the different platforms, but I am sure only a few people are allowed to see those (and they probably all sit in the financial department).

All I can say
Stop sugarcoating it.

They didn't make their deadline. (I refuse to believe they forgot to include licensing in their planning)

People are mad because it's a competitive game, no kegs can replace 5 weeks of experience.
For sure. That's a whole month pc players are learning the new mechanics and building decks. I have all the cards and scraps I need so kegs are always fun but in this case very disappointing
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for my bad English first.

I am really disappointed that CDPR make this decision. I really love gwent before as like as I hate it now

As a ps4 player, I invested so many time and money in this game, I have full collection and 90% premium card in my account and over 3000 games played, now I am really regret of playing this game.

Like Twitch drop issue, connection issue, insane bug in consoles (I just cant forget I can't put my Miruna on melee row for a month!) and all other things that people mention before, I am angry but I can still handle it. But now, sorry, I have to say "It is Enough!" and I will stop playing this game as a second-class player.

Goodbye CDPR
Same position as you. I've put too much time I to it not realizing my account was locked. I just can't and wont start over when I grinder hard and long to get my account this way. I've 3 of every bronze premium and only missing a few good ones. The thought of just having starter decks again is terrible. Would be nice if cdpr could look at ps4 accounts and make a duplicate of it on pc since they won't transfer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom