I am having fun. Are you?

+
Yes 200 hours, I need more gigs or infinite grinding without dupe cheats, so far massacring Valentino's gang members in their alleys is the solution they respawn quite fast, always lack of money to buy everything to try out builds. I want to one-shot Smasher in the very hard mode, can it be done?

Guest 4520369

Also having a blast 10/10. Rough start, but this game will only get better with time. Thank you Devs!!

It's a beautiful gameworld ruined entirely by tired gameplay and irritating, childish combat. Frankly, Night City deserved far better.

I honestly had to force myself to stop playing. At almost 100h now, but I want to do my second and third playthroughs after the big Jan patch and then Feb patch.

Just can't stop enjoying Night City and wanting to try different builds. I did a Gunslinger build first and had fun, next is hacker. Eventually when story DLC comes out I'll decide which character I'm gonna take into the DLC.

Very happy with the game so far. Only thing I want is to get some performance increase with max RTX settings. It's very playable right now, but 10-15 more fps will make it pure silk.

I was having fun, but I'm suddenly burned out after spending hours doing gigs and NCPD quests two days ago (and fighting through low framerate). I decided to just finish the storyline and move on, but now I don't feel like getting back to the game at all.

The story itself is above avarage to me, but it has no replayaability...it feels VERY linear. You can't even play many story quests in your chosen day time and many quests automatically stsrt rain, so to me it feels like a pure adveture game with 0 choices.
On the other hand I love the concept of Night City, wish it was brought much more into detail cause now it feels lifeless where some areas are just a joy to visit (usually to main story related ones) and then the others, which feel just meh.
But overall I'm having fun, but there're many aspects that are ruining the experience to me. Each day I play I look forward to something new, something break taking. - but it didn't happen yet.

I'm having a bittersweet time with it. Not having been a player of the original PnP I'm still getting a kick from the weird nostalgia that the game transmits through the moments when you see these hotties with big hair and tight leather pants and an attitude in these future 80s that never were... it nails the superficial aesthetic and feel of cyberpunk perfectly... but that only makes it all the more sad that the game transformed into a more serious, bigger and better written but less polished Far Cry cyberpunk game instead of the choice and consequence, mature, weapons-grade writing we were promised.

No, I'd be playing it and not here. If it was actually being finished instead I'd have stuck with some other titles, now, I've just gotten so depressed, I've bought Watch Dogs Legion and am about to play that for a while to get a little cyber fix..

First of all: My English sucks, i know. No need to tell me everytime, internet.

[PC Version]

Story is amazing. Including the "Sidequests". They feel more like part of the Story. There was so much feeling in so many moments. So many decisions wich changed the dialog of other quests hours later.
I love how the dialogs behave. The freedom of looting the room while talking to the person. Choosing my own angle for the conversation.
I f***ing love Night City. The feeling. Every street looks different. So much is happening. And yes, there are also places that feel empty and unfinished. But most of the time i feel like there is something right around the corner... and there is!
The Cars are awesome. The driving is... its ok... should be improved in later patches. But its enough to have fun.

And now the part i like the most: The Gameplay.

I dont know what everybodys problem is. I play as a hacking Batman with Mantisblades. Jumping on top of a building, hacking from above. Watch how everything goes crazy. Jump down, slay trough the enemys, superjump into the air, gun down everything left in slowmotion.
Need to assault one person? Hack the camera at the gate, switch trough the network until you see the target, remotehack a suicidedeamon into this mofo! Job done, not even got near the place.
Feels awesome as hell to be such a badass.

I am having 97hours of pure fun so far. I also have no major bugs to be honest. Death by Trashbag happens sometimes. Not a big deal.

I admit there are things CDPR needs to work on. There is much room for improvement. The BD Headset needs a firmware update to watch the filthy BDs. But i am having a blast with this game.

OP, awesome question, amid all the talk on this game.

It's buggy, and it can definitely do with a number of specific mechanics and features. The launch was a shame for sure. The game is unfinished

But, it's freaking cyberpunk, by CDPR. This is awesome, despite the forementioned problems.
Plus, it's Cyberpunk, which I think is a valuable and interesting rendition of the cyberpunk concept.

Yeah - I think this release, despite the regretful launch and other problems, is amazing for cyberpunk. The genre is pretty valuable, as moral/social/"mega"corporation/political commentary and reflection. So, despite the problems, CP77 is awesome for rendering this universe (and thus these themes) in 3D 1st person videogame form, "bringing it to life," and with a lot of anticipation, exposing a lot of people to the genre

As for improvements, I'll at least say that I would definitely appreciate a stronger RPG element. I do give those signals in this post. Cyberpunk is a concept that is not for just entertainment; of course, I would like to really soak into a universe of the concept, truly focus the ears, eyes, mind on even-if-basic commentary (on ideas very relevant to current society and future society). Not only shoot and blow things up.

CP77 is in my top 5 games, it's been awesome so far. It was my real entry into cyberpunk, though I knew of the conceptbefore. My first real blast of it. I haven't ever played anything like DD or DD itself, but now I'm thoroughly convinced I need to experience at least one round of one of the tabletop Cyberpunks. I gotta watch some of the Japanese animations, and read some of the American stuff. Thanks CDPR! (but be careful about more releases like this)

Last edited:
Yeah, the story is fine, the basic mechanics works.

But this game is seriously lacking polish, I'm 117hrs into the game so I've seen plenty of stuff and guess what, MOST conversation cut scenes , I mean MOST of them included some technical problems here and there. Such as animations skipping, inconsistent movement, objects / NPCs clipping into the environment, weird light/shadows flashing...

Not the best experience. And certainly not the quality I'd expect from an AAA title. I mean... C'mon, mantis blade is cool, but why the floating fingernail?!?!

CDPR should fix these things ASAP, otherwise the title will fail. Technical issues can kill even the most famous titles , please do not repeat the MASS EFFECT Andromeda tragedy.....

Last edited:
I'm having loads of fun but after hotfix 1.06 on PC my games been crashing like crazy. It's been glitchy, buggy and there's been way too many side missions that I get stuck and have to reload back 4 autosaves to complete. I spent about an hour trying to complete the mission "The Hunt" today. River kept not following me, I kept falling through the map, reloading and falling through the map. Pretty much stuck in a loop. I had to go back pretty far back to get it to work right and it was frustrating.

This has only been happening after the hotfix for me. I have like 95 hours in the game and it's never crashed before or had game breaking bugs. I'm enjoying the game thus far but have been on the fence after this new hotfix. I started experiencing glitches I never knew could exist. Not just silly little ones either.. My first playthrough has been substantially smoother. I hope it gets fixed soon because I've been straight hooked on this game.

If you know how to narrate this world to yourself in the way the storytellers of Night City intended for us to experience then I think you really can have loads of fun... talking about fun... here are some of my funny photomode moments i created!
enjoi y'all lovely chooms!

what's with this funny guy? :D hope you all can discover his secrets! ;)
photomode_22122020_022848.png

This was my most memorable, little, tiny, insignificant, yet so endearing side mission! Talk to Brendan, you guys!
photomode_24122020_012653.png

Aahhh! Skippy! Skippitty Skoppitty Skippin Skipperoo! THIS is the meta, not just in performance but, doing it with frivolous panache?!!! Now that's a whole different level of Joy my chooms!
photomode_26122020_082043.png

Creating stories of your own in photo-mode has been one of the most fun factors in this game for me!
Use it and you will not regret it! -- This one here is "Fall of the Valentinos"
photomode_12012021_152508.png

Uber-cool unseen effects can be discovered in photo-mode that adds to the vibe of your action scene.
This lady killed someone's daughter and got away with it... almost.
In the voice of Samuel L. Jackson "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger!"
Ezekiel 25:17 (Pulp Fiction)
photomode_12012021_194327.png

Did you all try the Ashura Smart Sniper Rifle? It's just too satisfying to watch your bullet rise up diagonally into the sky and curve into your target's head with a massive critical headshot score! Tried and Tested!
photomode_03012021_031607.png

The fully kitted out Overwatch sniper rifle is not bad either! For those long silenced sniper shots!
photomode_13012021_053556.png

This game really didn't actually need Keanu Reeves but, because he is in this game anyway, makes it just that much more fun! And those out of the world reload animations on the Malorian Arms 3516 has absolutely blown my mind, like that Sojasil crazy-eyed explode sticker!!
photomode_22122020_141250.png

You may say, I'm having way too much fun than I deserve... Well, I truly am! As they say in Night City... No Regrets!
photomode_11012021_030758.png

Most of all my fellow Chooms... Have fun! I love Cyberpunk 2077 ... have been, since 2011.
photomode_12012021_051750.png

Last edited:
If you know how to narrate this world to yourself in the way the storytellers of Night City intended for us to experience then I think you really can have loads of fun... talking about fun... here are some of my funny photomode moments i created!
enjoi y'all lovely chooms!

what's with this funny guy? :D hope you all can discover his secrets! ;)
View attachment 11142842

This was my most memorable, little, tiny, insignificant, yet so endearing side mission! Talk to Brendan, you guys!
View attachment 11142845
Aahhh! Skippy! Skippitty Skoppitty Skippin Skipperoo! THIS is the meta, not just in performance but, doing it with frivolous panache?!!! Now that's a whole different level of Joy my chooms!
View attachment 11142848
Creating stories of your own in photo-mode has been one of the most fun factors in this game for me!
Use it and you will not regret it! -- This one here is "Fall of the Valentinos"
View attachment 11142860
Uber-cool unseen effects can be discovered in photo-mode that adds to the vibe of your action scene.
This lady killed someone's daughter and got away with it... almost.
In the voice of Samuel L. Jackson "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger!"
Ezekiel 25:17 (Pulp Fiction)
View attachment 11142875
Did you all try the Ashura Smart Sniper Rifle? It's just too satisfying to watch your bullet rise up diagonally into the sky and curve into your target's head with a massive critical headshot score! Tried and Tested!
View attachment 11142896
The fully kitted out Overwatch sniper rifle is not bad either! For those long silenced sniper shots!
View attachment 11142899
This game really didn't actually need Keanu Reeves but, because he is in this game anyway, makes it just that much more fun! And those out of the world reload animations on the Malorian Arms 3516 has absolutely blown my mind, like that Sojasil crazy-eyed explode sticker!!
View attachment 11142911
You may say, I'm having way too much fun than I deserve... Well, I truly am! As they say in Night City... No Regrets!
View attachment 11142905
Most of all my fellow Chooms... Have fun! I love Cyberpunk 2077 ... have been, since 2011.
View attachment 11142926

You see that guy dual wielding pistols. That's what I want in this game so bad as a player gameplay option.
photomode_12012021_152508.png

I had a lot of fun when I was on a state of Denial. I tried to love it for what it is and not for what it should be... but more you explore or try to immerse yourselve in NC more disappointed you get.

Basic RPG or open-world elements are completely missing. You get to a point when the facade drops and you realize you are playing an unfinished game.

The Kool-Aid was running strong during my first playthrough but when I started a New Game again ... it warned off quickly and I gave up
I am waiting for the updates and dlcs to come back to NC

I played on a powerful PC and I got some bugs and glitches but I didn’t care at all. The main mechanics of the game are the problem

Last edited:
Top Bottom