I am having fun. Are you?

+
With the game? No, I stopped playing it in act 2 because of the condescending nature in which CCPR fleshed out Night City and the experience I have as V which completely destroys what little immersion there is available. I have I don't know how many other games where I can go around shooting people where the game doesn't patronize me and treat me like I'm in some kind of low budget Truman Show.

For the most part, yes.

The gameplay is quite satisfying.

Right now the biggest negative for me is game length. The main quest line is far too short. Also, there aren't enough side quests with meaningful character interaction. Just finished my first blind playthrough (67 hrs), and I only counted about about 7-9 major side quests. All the other side content was just gigs.

No - This is the biggest pile of steaming sh*t I've ever handed cash over for.
I don't normally do RPG, but based on the 9/10 review in IGN with screenshots, which turned out to be just for PC even though the bottom of the review said PS4/XBOX I went ahead and bought it, the "screenshots" on the back of the PS4 box looked excellent, pretty this was not form the PS4 version!!!
Then a couple of days later a new PS4/XBOX review 4/10 and how sh*t it was, broken, but at this point I already knew.
Then to get an admission/apology from the management about how deceitful they were, "but please stick with us", why, once cheated twice shy, I think the saying goes.
No I don't forgive being conned, then have the gall to say take it back to the shop for a refund you know you won't get!!!
Give me my money back, and I will return the steaming pile of sh*t back to you, FREE SHIPPING!!!
I so hope someone runs a class action again this company!!!

Love the gameplay and its various systems(driving,crafting,etc) but i'm little bit disappointed by 1) V as a personality and 2) the general pacing of the game.

Male voice actor while good, the lines and the way he delivers are downright cringe and full of ''character'' so it feels like watching an interactive movie instead of playing MY character. Pacing is all over the place, especially with Brain dance sequences which there is no way to skip. Halting the gameplay in favor of some slow and boring mini game is just not for me.

But yeah, other than these two major issues, i love it so far. Currently on my second playthrough.

I'm not having fun, I stopped playing after a 3-4 hours till later. Probably till Enhanced Edition or something like that. By the way, I don't think the game is broken or unfinished, I just think it's a bit in rough shape and I want devs to invest more time into it. Consider it not playing GTAV till there's proper next gen version available (it was released initially for PS3/360).

Took me about 50 hours to finish my first playthrough. It was a blast!
But 30 hours into the second run I've decided to take a break to wait for some patches, to avoid getting fatigued of the game :)

Yes, but only because I've been a fan of the cyberpunk genre since the 90s. The game itself is plagued by cut content and boneheaded decisions that completely destroy the main story. When will writers learn that a sense of urgency in an open-world game is UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY idiotic? Don't tell me I'm in a hurry when I'm not, don't tell me there's a deadline when there isn't. I coulda written it better in 10 minutes.

"The chip is killing you, slowly and I don't know how to fix it. I don't know how long it will take because nothing like this is public knowledge so go out there, make contacts, get in with the city's fixers, follow whatever leads you might think of. However, the longer the chip stays in, the more Johnny's personality will come through"

Boom, done, instant 10x better story and you don't even have to change ANYTHING, just the premise.

The music is legendary, the graphics are really good, the character creation is good, the city's size is normal, the usage of different places of the whole map is bad, the clothes variety and aspects is poor, the bugs are dogshit, the story and it's meaning is Cyberjunk 2007 like. So no, thanks for asking 😉

I'm having fun, yes. CP2077 is, imo, a very good game but one that could be so much more. Hopefully CDPR recognizes the vast potential of bringing Night City even more to life and takes it as their grand challenge during the coming years.

Top Bottom