I am saving my first playthrough for when the game is fixed

+
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else was preserving their 1st gameplay playthrough or it was just me? I would be interested to know if you have been tempted to dive in yet? So far nothing really makes me feel like i'm missing out.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else was preserving their 1st gameplay playthrough or it was just me? I would be interested to know if you have been tempted to dive in yet? So far nothing really makes me feel like i'm missing out.
Not me, that's for sure, and since december 10th.
But I would almost envy you, to be able to discover the game (again), that would be great (nope, maybe rather "awesome" if I think about Judy or Panam) :)

Yeah, its taking every ounce of me to resist playing it so i've not experienced any of those characters yet, in fact ive not really been playing games at all due to being too busy but its a bit of a blessing tbh

Yeah, its taking every ounce of me to resist playing it so i've not experienced any of those characters yet, in fact ive not really been playing games at all due to being too busy but its a bit of a blessing tbh
Great for you. I really wish I had held longer to play. What system will you play in?
If I were in your shoes I'd hold on a little longer to see what updates come. The biggest disappointment for me apart from more limited branching story than I was expecting it was realizing this is a great game but so unfinished and faulty on some departments that I never played for long stretches without some issue/disappointment coming along

Yes, I do the same.
I have pre-ordered the game(second time ever and my last, thank you CDPR for opening my eyes, no more free pass ever for any company).
My hope was that I will get PS4 Pro version with 60FPS on my PS5. And I would be fine with it(I don't have gaming PC, not my thing).
Unfortunately, the bugs, especially affecting quests progress, killed the experience for me.
I didn't even finish the Heist quest(one of the first quests with Jackie, if I remember correctly), and I stopped playing.
Every time I couldn't pick something up, and that thing was connected to a quest, was a deal-breaker for me.
I would be fine probably with half-made/empty open world, I am not a big GTA fan, the story is what keeps me playing(plus audio/video part, especially music).
When patch 1.23 happened, I evaluated it, if it's the time, unfortunately PS4 version on PS5 is really bad. If I got what XBox series has(more features from PC, like crowd density etc.), I would play the game now.
But, as it stand currently, PS5 version is inferior, so will wait for next gen version.

The way I like to play is to reserve few days to be immersed and have fun in the world, playing those few days, many hours each.
I can't imagine I would have my first play through on that terrible PS5 back compatibility version. I don't have that much time in my life to replay the game again when better version arrives. Apart from those few games, like Witcher 3. Cyberpunk for sure is not in this category.
I decided to wait till PS5 version happens and then do the thing I planned in 2020 December.

So yeah, awesome lesson CDPR, my mistake to trust you. I just now set up my expectations really low so will enjoy the game in 6 months or so.

Great for you. I really wish I had held longer to play. What system will you play in?
If I were in your shoes I'd hold on a little longer to see what updates come. The biggest disappointment for me apart from more limited branching story than I was expecting it was realizing this is a great game but so unfinished and faulty on some departments that I never played for long stretches without some issue/disappointment coming along
Ill be playing on PS4 Pro as i managed to get the system just for the purpose of playing the game at its best without a PC with regards to framerate etc. As somebody who was able to totally ignore any marketing about the game from announcement ill wait for as long as it takes!

Yes, I do the same.
I have pre-ordered the game(second time ever and my last, thank you CDPR for opening my eyes, no more free pass ever for any company).
My hope was that I will get PS4 Pro version with 60FPS on my PS5. And I would be fine with it(I don't have gaming PC, not my thing).
Unfortunately, the bugs, especially affecting quests progress, killed the experience for me.
I didn't even finish the Heist quest(one of the first quests with Jackie, if I remember correctly), and I stopped playing.
Every time I couldn't pick something up, and that thing was connected to a quest, was a deal-breaker for me.
I would be fine probably with half-made/empty open world, I am not a big GTA fan, the story is what keeps me playing(plus audio/video part, especially music).
When patch 1.23 happened, I evaluated it, if it's the time, unfortunately PS4 version on PS5 is really bad. If I got what XBox series has(more features from PC, like crowd density etc.), I would play the game now.
But, as it stand currently, PS5 version is inferior, so will wait for next gen version.

The way I like to play is to reserve few days to be immersed and have fun in the world, playing those few days, many hours each.
I can't imagine I would have my first play through on that terrible PS5 back compatibility version. I don't have that much time in my life to replay the game again when better version arrives. Apart from those few games, like Witcher 3. Cyberpunk for sure is not in this category.
I decided to wait till PS5 version happens and then do the thing I planned in 2020 December.

So yeah, awesome lesson CDPR, my mistake to trust you. I just now set up my expectations really low so will enjoy the game in 6 months or so.
I am with you on these sentiments. The Cyberpunk 2077 launch has made me question my knowledge of the video game industry and ive had friends ridicule me for thinking the game was going to be game of the decade so i guess its just made me a lot more savvy.

ive had friends ridicule me for thinking the game was going to be game of the decade so i guess its just made me a lot more savvy.
Anyone can ridicule me, honestly I completely don't care :D
Whatever what the whole world could think about Cyberpunk, for me this is the game of the decade... Even having playing day one (and during one month) on XB1x (and speaking of Character, the best character ever since more than 20 years of gaming).
But all is matter of taste, if "Cyberpunk world" is not really your "thing", that's not already a good start :)

Anyone can ridicule me, honestly I completely don't care :D
Whatever what the whole world could think about Cyberpunk, for me this is the game of the decade... Even having playing day one (and during one month) on XB1x (and speaking of Character, the best character ever since more than 20 years of gaming).
But all is matter of taste, if "Cyberpunk world" is not really your "thing", that's not already a good start :)
The cyberpunk world is exactly my thing. I know we're all different in our sensibilities but I do believe the big discrepancies in people defending the game and being disappointed with it has a lot to do with our experience (which depends on system but not only; I've seen reported bugs on ps4 pro that I never had and vice-versa). I believe the game came out so broken on some aspects that a lot depends on how you do things or on which order you do them to catch a bug or not; not talking about cross-patch saved games, will they still work or not? I've had to redo hours of gameplay, start over,... - and I don't think there is a better proof of the state the game came than the time it's taking to repair it.

The cyberpunk world is exactly my thing. I know we're all different in our sensibilities but I do believe the big discrepancies in people defending the game and being disappointed with it has a lot to do with our experience (which depends on system but not only; I've seen reported bugs on ps4 pro that I never had and vice-versa). I believe the game came out so broken on some aspects that a lot depends on how you do things or on which order you do them to catch a bug or not; not talking about cross-patch saved games, will they still work or not? I've had to redo hours of gameplay, start over,... - and I don't think there is a better proof of the state the game came than the time it's taking to repair it.
For said the truth, even day one (and all december) on XB1x, I didn't encounter real "big" problems. Except regular crashes (about one every 1 or 2 hours) and very low FPS in some areas (No quest-breaking bug at all, in short). I'm maybe very, very lucky, I don't know (and maybe patient, because I have played many games who crashes on Xbox and where FPS drop dramticaly in some areas. I was on XB1x because a game was already to "heavy" for my poor previous OneS) :(
And now, on Series X, honestly, it run very well (no crashes since 1.2, no FPS drop at all and no major bug) exception for some "minor" bugs who I can totally ignore like "many same NPCs", not collectable junk, Evy's bag glitch, NPCs spawn nearby you...

Guest 3847602

I'm maybe very, very lucky, I don't know (and maybe patient, because I have played many games who crashes on Xbox and where FPS drop dramticaly in some areas. I was on XB1x because a game was already to "heavy" for my poor previous OneS) :(
I didn't have one single crash so far, no bugged quests and only instance of FPS drop was at the first Aldecaldos camp, which has been resolved long ago with 1.1 patch.
So yeah, I don't know if this is pure luck or is it me playing PC version with no mods, but everytime I see "Cyberpunk bugs compilation" video it makes me wonder am I playing the same game as these people. I've never experienced anything close to that level of brokenness.

I didn't have one single crash so far, no bugged quests and only instance of FPS drop was at the first Aldecaldos camp, which has been resolved long ago with 1.1 patch.
So yeah, I don't know if this is pure luck or is it me playing PC version with no mods, but everytime I see "Cyberpunk bugs compilation" video it makes me wonder am I playing the same game as these people. I've never experienced anything close to that level of brokenness.
I wish this could be kept in mind when responding to a criticism someone has. That the overall experience - the game - isn't the same for everyone and the appreciation one has for it reflects this also

I've heard that the best version of the game is on a powerful PC and honestly you don't know how close i was to building a machine just to play the game and i know i'm not the only one who had this idea even going so far as to comparing specs way before release.
I'm so glad that something inside me told me to hold on!
I'm hoping that my perseverance with not playing the title will benefit me in the long term.

I've heard that the best version of the game is on a powerful PC and honestly you don't know how close i was to building a machine just to play the game and i know i'm not the only one who had this idea even going so far as to comparing specs way before release.
I'm so glad that something inside me told me to hold on!
I'm hoping that my perseverance with not playing the title will benefit me in the long term.
I bought a Series X especially for playing Cyberpunk (it was not planned before the December 10th).
Anyway, you should wait until 1.3 at least, I don't know why, but I pretty confident that it will fix/improve a lot of things ;)

I'm on Series X and my game has been perfectly playable since day one.

Yes, i have had my fair amount of crashes and bugs (mostly funny, not game-breaking ones), but nothing too bothersome. To say the game never had technical problems (especially pre-1.2) would be a big lie, but if i have to ask myself if it was worth it to play from day one on Series X, well, for me it was.

The game on Performance Mode has a framerate which sits between 50 and 60 fps. Quality mode is locked at 30, which is too slow for me, and the difference in graphics is almost irrelevant, so for me Performance is the way to go. It definitely feels almost new-gen, even without the update (which should come in the next months anyway).

I would play it now, if all that worries you are the technical aspects of the game. I think the base game is stable enough now, after multiple patches.

Of course, if you play on pc, too many mods can break your game in numerous ways, but that's true for every other game, to be honest.

I'm on Series X and my game has been perfectly playable since day one.

Yes, i have had my fair amount of crashes and bugs (mostly funny, not game-breaking ones), but nothing too bothersome. To say the game never had technical problems (especially pre-1.2) would be a big lie, but if i have to ask myself if it was worth it to play from day one on Series X, well, for me it was.

The game on Performance Mode has a framerate which sits between 50 and 60 fps. Quality mode is locked at 30, which is too slow for me, and the difference in graphics is almost irrelevant, so for me Performance is the way to go. It definitely feels almost new-gen, even without the update (which should come in the next months anyway).

I would play it now, if all that worries you are the technical aspects of the game. I think the base game is stable enough now, after multiple patches.

Of course, if you play on pc, too many mods can break your game in numerous ways, but that's true for every other game, to be honest.
Its part technical and part immersion.
If at any point i feel like i'm not immersed it will ruin it completely for me and somehow be even more disappointed. I may actually attempt to play it after 1.3 because as it stands right now its just an expensive slot being taken by the game case.

On my second playthrough right now, had a lot of fun with the game despite the plethora of bugs, however... I have been recommending everyone who asks me about it, to wait until the game is closer to "Witcher grade" so to speak in terms of stability and full experience being smooth. While I've had a lot of fun with it so far, a part of me wishes I could have shielded myself until all the DLC, expansions etc. are all out, the game is fully patched as far as it ever will be, and they release Cyberpunk 2077 Supreme Edition that has everything in it, and then play this definitive future version instead to maximize enjoyment with as little problems as possible interfering.

Once I'm done in a few days I think I will likely wait until the game is fleshed out for 6-12 months or so before doing a 3rd playthrough with a new PC more capable of handling it with better more playable FPS. Having said this though, I'd also say if game bugs drive anyone batty, then wait it out, but if you can handle a lot of graphical glitches, things going invisible in the inventory and other annoyances, there is a lot of fun to be had in Night City, and a great story and characters to boot.

I'd definitely wait until the next major patch for sure though, which is currently believed will be 1.3, hopefully they surprise us with something awesome that helps really turn things around...

Im waiting for modders to truly fix the game as i've lost any ounce of faith i had in cdpr fixing this game. And im not talking about simply fixing bugs and crashes. Since according to them the pc version is not broken anyways, so i know they won't do anything about the core mecanichs: ia, crime system, police, public transportations, shops, factions actually matter, perks actually working as intended, a walk button, being able to modify my character and cars appereace etc. You know, advertised featured promised 6 months before the game launch that has been cut to meet deadlines.

Last edited:
I am so sorry, please don't take it the wrong way.
But the title of the topic just made me think about "saving yourself " until the marriage. :LOL:
Go for it, I'd say! Live a little. :ROFLMAO: It ain't gonna be perfect, but chances are you'll enjoy some parts of it.
Haha when i was writing the title i tried to not be so dramatic this was the best way of writing it. ;)

Top Bottom