I am sorry but I can't forgive them for this.

+
4 out 10. I feel cheated, scammed. I don't understand how people think this OK to release a game this broken and be happy to wait years for it to be fixed. They knew this game was broken that's why they hid the flaws from us [...]. They have been working on this game for 8 years so the Covid excuse doesn't fly with me. I bought this game on PC for my self which is full of bugs the game keeps crashing randomly. Because of this, I have lost hours of progression. I bought the Xbox one x version for my son. When he went to install the second game disk wouldn't install it's like it was a blank CD. I returned it. I am sorry but I can't forgive them for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your PC setup, and have you installed the latest Nvidia drivers and have you updated windows and lastly do you have an SSD?

4 out 10. I feel cheated, scammed. I don't understand how people think this OK to release a game this broken and be happy to wait years for it to be fixed. They knew this game was broken that's why they hid the flaws from us [...]. They have been working on this game for 8 years so the Covid excuse doesn't fly with me. I bought this game on PC for my self which is full of bugs the game keeps crashing randomly. Because of this, I have lost hours of progression. I bought the Xbox one x version for my son. When he went to install the second game disk wouldn't install it's like it was a blank CD. I returned it. I am sorry but I can't forgive them for this.
like batou said check your drivers

What's your PC setup, and have you installed the latest Nvidia drivers and have you updated windows and lastly do you have an SSD?
All drivers up to date. I7 9700k, 32GB, EVGA 2080 ti ftw3 ultra, MSI godlike motherboard, several 1 TB NVme drives

i had problems with crashes too
had the adrenaline software on auto update but the radeon driver wouldn't update so i did it manually. after that 1 crash after 6-7 hours which may not even the games fault (radeon software gave me a driver crash msg)

Sorry things aren't working out for you on your PC. I haven't experienced any issues, personally and have a near identical build to yours. Some animation and graphics bugs here and there that tend to resolve themselves but nothing game breaking for me. Zero crashes so far and nothing preventing me from continuing a mission. There are some things I wish were better (cop/wanted system kinda sucks, NPC AI needs to be better, driving AI needs to be better) and I wish there were some QOL improvements, but I'm sure those will come. I definitely don't feel cheated though I won't deny the game is unacceptably buggy at launch.

Where did you buy the game from on PC? If you bought it from GOG.com, you can return it within 30 days if you want. Play time doesn't matter. If you bought on Steam, you can return it as long as you have fewer than 2 hours played.

All drivers up to date. I7 9700k, 32GB, EVGA 2080 ti ftw3 ultra, MSI godlike motherboard, several 1 TB NVme drives

I have a similar setup with a 9900k @5Ghz and 2080Ti FTW3.

On Ultra RT (everything on) with everything else maxed (filters turned off like film grain etc). DLSS Balanced @ 1440P, I get 55FPS average around the city at day time. Perfectly playable.

I have a similar setup with a 9900k @5Ghz and 2080Ti FTW3.

On Ultra RT (everything on) with everything else maxed (filters turned off like film grain etc). DLSS Balanced @ 1440P, I get 55FPS average around the city at day time. Perfectly playable.
3600 +3080 ultra setting RT off , 1440p = 55fps at night city street "playable" ???? i expected 90 fps above

9900k+RTX3080 Ultra settings with RT on ultra DLSS on balanced. 1440p monitor. Average 75 FPS with dips to 60.

I love when all other games run fine on a PC and then someone comes along asking questions like it may be a PC problem, in spite of the universal outrage and evidence to the contrary. I understand updating drivers, but other than that, if I can play every other game fine, it's not my system. This is a game problem.
3600 +3080 ultra setting RT off , 1440p = 55fps at night city street "playable" ???? i expected 90 fps above
Exactly. This high-end PC with an $1800 RTX 3090 is only getting in the 70's with the same settings.
At 4k with rtx on and dlss off he's only getting 15-20 fps, lol. Even with dlss on he's only getting mid 20s to low 30s! With dlss on and rtx off he's still on in the mid 50s. That's horrible performance/optimization. And people being "ok" with this is the reason they keep doing it and getting away with it. It's NOT ok to lie and hide things and release a game completely different than what was shown and promised.

Sorry things aren't working out for you on your PC. I haven't experienced any issues, personally and have a near identical build to yours. Some animation and graphics bugs here and there that tend to resolve themselves but nothing game breaking for me. Zero crashes so far and nothing preventing me from continuing a mission. There are some things I wish were better (cop/wanted system kinda sucks, NPC AI needs to be better, driving AI needs to be better) and I wish there were some QOL improvements, but I'm sure those will come. I definitely don't feel cheated though I won't deny the game is unacceptably buggy at launch.

Where did you buy the game from on PC? If you bought it from GOG.com, you can return it within 30 days if you want. Play time doesn't matter. If you bought on Steam, you can return it as long as you have fewer than 2 hours played.
Gog

If you're unsatisfied, you can definitely request a refund then. GOG's refund policy is very generous. And while I agree the current state of game's performance is unacceptable for everyone not on really beefy PC hardware, I am confident CDPR will improve it significantly over the next few months via patches. Witcher 3 was pretty buggy and had performance issues at launch, too.

Considering the amount of effort that went into this game, I can't imagine them not fixing it in relatively short order. They've already put out more bugfixes in a week than Ubisoft bothered to put out in nearly a month for AC Valhalla. CDPR is an amazing company that has always put the players first. Be patient, they'll get it turned around.

I love when all other games run fine on a PC and then someone comes along asking questions like it may be a PC problem, in spite of the universal outrage and evidence to the contrary. I understand updating drivers, but other than that, if I can play every other game fine, it's not my system. This is a game problem.

Exactly. This high-end PC with an $1800 RTX 3090 is only getting in the 70's with the same settings.
At 4k with rtx on and dlss off he's only getting 15-20 fps, lol. Even with dlss on he's only getting mid 20s to low 30s! With dlss on and rtx off he's still on in the mid 50s. That's horrible performance/optimization. And people being "ok" with this is the reason they keep doing it and getting away with it. It's NOT ok to lie and hide things and release a game completely different than what was shown and promised.

Always explore all possibilities. The "universal outrage and evidence" is heavily biased towards the people who are actually having problems with the game, you're not going to find the millions of people who are running the game fine and enjoying it, screaming how awesome it is every chance they get (thats how the internet works). Also, anyone expecting 90fps on max settings in 4k is living in the future. Even the video you shared shows that the game runs fine in most cases.

Considering the amount of effort that went into this game, I can't imagine them not fixing it in relatively short order. They've already put out more bugfixes in a week than Ubisoft bothered to put out in nearly a month for AC Valhalla. CDPR is an amazing company that has always put the players first. Be patient, they'll get it turned around.
Sounds like you didn't play 20 hours and then have a game breaking issue like a lot of people. CDPR put out an alpha, at best, game that failed on a lot of promises. They should at least own up to it. All the effort seems to be in the voice acting IMO. They certainly didn't check if the game was capable of working properly. I can't imagine they did. Anthem had a better release. Anthem, bro.

Guest 4479767

would feel cheated if i got on ps4 . im frustrated as i cant enable ray tracing even though nevida gtx 1070 can with other games, pop ins are insane and game braking even when running at 60fps with maxed settings , done every fix from reinstalling windows , role backs on drivers reinstalling.... using fast ssd to . also 1.04 made it worse and not fix the bug i needed them to that they said they did ...... (max mission ) . dont get me started on cops inablity to follow you , and ai if you move 40 feet away or cars/peds that being said storys great they just should of never relased it until many things were fixed and added many quality of life features which were basic 10 years ago in openworld rpgs...... its a shell till then with a great story . I got my copy as a gift so not upset as much but if i paid $60 id be livid . Have hope they will fix majoirty of issues . why im still here . as said storys great even if isnt rpg (its linner action game with rpg elements ). im hoping with cash inflow they can 8 million times even 10-20$ a game after fees and taxs is more then enough to fix. heck id even pay for dlc if things are fixed on pc. praying its fixed sorry for rant need to post 10x to be able to even ask them for help :(

Same.
Excuse is not COVID excuse is Chri$$$$TMAS, that is all.

Top Bottom