I become more sad: GWENTs economy development

+
Heyho, first I am a great fan of Gwent, started in the beta, and supported the game in past with ~212€ of my money, because I think of a good balance between what I paid for and what I did get. But the last expansion pack price made me really angry and in consequence I didn't buy the pre-order pack. That makes me sad, because I think the development of what i pay and what I get doesn't match anymore in a fair way, and that makes me fear of Gwent's future. I really would like to have the lovely animations, but ... no.

So let's going into detail:

Gwent as a real F2P Game has it's main money making factor with animated cards. To get them, we need materials to build or Kegs (I exclude discussion about other cosmetic skins). The conditions to get the Premium cards changed in summary in a bit negative way.

A big review how it has been in past (most before Homecoming) and how it is now (including critics):

- Premium cards could be build only by using double scrap or upgrading standard version with Meteoroid powder ### now we need compelling Meteoroid powder to build P.-Cards
- Level-Up in Ranked gave benefits ### replaced today by new system, but game mode gets now maybe a bit unattractive without some little bonus
- guaranteed gold card after defined count of level ups ### guaranteed gold card is gone
- "Premium Events" for faction cards or getting Premium Cards out of Standard Kegs ### completely gone
- possibility to buy Premium Kegs: 15 Premium Kegs 17,99€ in past ### today 7 P.-Kegs 17,99€ (also the pre-order packs prices increased from 2 early Expansions with 34,49€ to last Expansion 43,xx€), Crimson Curse 7 P.-Kegs: 13,79€ hast been in May 3/4 of that price today.
- only Basic Set of cards in past ### now we have expansions, but free Premium Kegs are only Basic-Premium Card Kegs

over all I think the prices of skins and cosmetics are a bit to high, also there are no "sales"
Why are there no mixed Kegs in Rewards?

What I do think about other topics:
I played for that long time but it's not possible to build out of the Gwent-Players an "ingame community", I play now for years an still had no possibility to make a friend. It's hard to connect GoG with the friends list of my Steam and Origin. I also don't see if I played in past against the player, I can't follow them, see no statistics or make some clans for bringing players together to exchange knowledge or training. After years ingame it feels like a single player for me, no possibility to communicate to others, if they are not a friend (only the 6 options for mocking). Why can't there be ingame player profiles and statistics?

Why cant' there be also a ingame deck library?

Why is there still no option to fast melt standard versions of cards if I have the maximum count of that card animated?
Why I can not easily replace the standard versions of a card in a deck by the animated version when I want to mill the standard version? Decks get broken an I have to break my head which cards there have been inside before the melting...

The unlock- system with keys is nice, but still it's hard to unlock in tree because with the seasons there is many competition on to unlock this or that... Since the seasons started I had no possibility to unlock stuff in the classic trees and I played every day for hours...

Sorry for my english, but I want to initiate some improvements...
Many thanks for the fun time in past, it's a great game.

Heyho, first I am a great fan of Gwent, started in the beta, and supported the game in past with ~212€ of my money, because I think of a good balance between what I paid for and what I did get. But the last expansion pack price made me really angry and in consequence I didn't buy the pre-order pack. That makes me sad, because I think the development of what i pay and what I get doesn't match anymore in a fair way, and that makes me fear of Gwent's future. I really would like to have the lovely animations, but ... no.

So let's going into detail:

Gwent as a real F2P Game has it's main money making factor with animated cards. To get them, we need materials to build or Kegs (I exclude discussion about other cosmetic skins). The conditions to get the Premium cards changed in summary in a bit negative way.

A big review how it has been in past (most before Homecoming) and how it is now (including critics):

- Premium cards could be build only by using double scrap or upgrading standard version with Meteoroid powder ### now we need compelling Meteoroid powder to build P.-Cards
- Level-Up in Ranked gave benefits ### replaced today by new system, but game mode gets now maybe a bit unattractive without some little bonus
- guaranteed gold card after defined count of level ups ### guaranteed gold card is gone
- "Premium Events" for faction cards or getting Premium Cards out of Standard Kegs ### completely gone
- possibility to buy Premium Kegs: 15 Premium Kegs 17,99€ in past ### today 7 P.-Kegs 17,99€ (also the pre-order packs prices increased from 2 early Expansions with 34,49€ to last Expansion 43,xx€), Crimson Curse 7 P.-Kegs: 13,79€ hast been in May 3/4 of that price today.
- only Basic Set of cards in past ### now we have expansions, but free Premium Kegs are only Basic-Premium Card Kegs

over all I think the prices of skins and cosmetics are a bit to high, also there are no "sales"
Why are there no mixed Kegs in Rewards?

What I do think about other topics:
I played for that long time but it's not possible to build out of the Gwent-Players an "ingame community", I play now for years an still had no possibility to make a friend. It's hard to connect GoG with the friends list of my Steam and Origin. I also don't see if I played in past against the player, I can't follow them, see no statistics or make some clans for bringing players together to exchange knowledge or training. After years ingame it feels like a single player for me, no possibility to communicate to others, if they are not a friend (only the 6 options for mocking). Why can't there be ingame player profiles and statistics?

Why cant' there be also a ingame deck library?

Why is there still no option to fast melt standard versions of cards if I have the maximum count of that card animated?
Why I can not easily replace the standard versions of a card in a deck by the animated version when I want to mill the standard version? Decks get broken an I have to break my head which cards there have been inside before the melting...

The unlock- system with keys is nice, but still it's hard to unlock in tree because with the seasons there is many competition on to unlock this or that... Since the seasons started I had no possibility to unlock stuff in the classic trees and I played every day for hours...

Sorry for my english, but I want to initiate some improvements...
Many thanks for the fun time in past, it's a great game.
I spent about the same in beta even though I didn't need to. I decided I'm not spending any more unless an old fashioned premium weekend happens. As the last 4 season trees I've not spent a single reward point into. I don't have aan interest in it anymore as 10 reward points at the end of a season is not worth it. ( used to be 9 to 10 kegs, 300 powder, and borders.) reward points I just use to unlock the leaders I want. Only cost 40 reward points instead of the 120 to 150 it costs each season to get a generic card back.

Top Bottom