I can honestly say, I don't think a relationship has ever broken my game experience

+
I can honestly say, I don't think a relationship has ever broken my game experience

First off, great game! I love the combat, the adventure, the armor...everything is perfect. Except, something as little as choosing who you want to ultimately end up with. In Witcher 2, I went with Triss and in this game, I figured that I would go with Triss...seemed logical, as she helped Geralt in restoring his memory at her own expense and risk in losing Geralt.
As I played, I realized I was kind of taking to Yennifer. I had Geralt tell her he loves her and figured I'd break it to Triss at the next opportunity. After all, this would be a likely outcome in life, assuming you were in love, lost your memory and started a new, only to re-discover old feelings. You would be at an impasse. However, no such opportunity would come.

[Spoilers Below]
Instead, what this game did, was say, "hey, you boned Triss and Yennifer and therefore, you must be a whore....that said, we'll queue you up for the whore path, so have fun being lonely!."

I was disgusted when Geralt was forced to show up expecting a threesome, only to get shunned by both, forever. I was like, "WTF! I didn't do this to be a whore! Why can't I sit both of these girls down, over wine and explain? There shouldm't have to be an explanation, after all...Yen already points out that she understands Geralt lost his memory and had fallen in love with Triss in the process. Why wouldn't Triss be able to then understand that after being back with Yen, Geralt recovered old feelings?

Conclusion
So, what am I going to do? Well, I'm at the tail end of my story and I'm not even going to finish it. I'm toward the end of the last mission and I'm reloading an old checkpoint and just sticking it out with Triss. I'll have to get all of my Ursine Superior, enhance and regular armor again...but oh well. There goes about 30 hours down the drain.

Last edited:
Yeah.. in the books its pretty much geralts fault.. seems hes madly in love with yennefer but can't stop being sickeningly nice to triss either.

I haven't been to that part, but it makes sense in the lore.. Sorry if you've never read the books. Witcher dun work that way.

King Henselt can que up behind Anais La Valette, Prince Stennis, Saskia and Iorveth.
More sad reminders that our choices in previous games don't carry much weight :<

Want to add John Natalis to that list? He vanished off the face of the earth >_<

Sorry, but if you got down with Triss, then you already made your choice... tough luck. Running around telling all the girls you love them, kinda tends to pi** them off. ;)

Last edited:
LOL.

I bet people will be asking for a patch or modders will me making mods so that people can have both Triss and Yen :p

Top Bottom