I cannot install mods

+
I cannot install mods

I have tried for several days to install a few different types of mods. Not quests but mods that change aspects of the game. My first attempt was with FCR or the Full Combat Rebalancer mod. This actually came with an installer and unfortunately was unsuccessful. I also tried to install the Black Edition mod, putting the files into the Data/Override folder, which was unsuccessful as well. I cannot seem to get the game to recognize any change to to its directory at all. My game is as follows: The Witcher: Enhanced Edition + 1.5 Patch + Directors Cut Patch.The installation directory is: D:\Program Files\The Witcher Enhanced EditionIf someone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Also I just noticed that when alt tabbed my game reads The Witcher (1.4.5.1304). So Im wondering if my game was not even patched to 1.5. I do not believe this should have an effect on if I can install mods but it may show that I cannot seem to edit the game at all.

Zekakura said:
Also I just noticed that when alt tabbed my game reads The Witcher (1.4.5.1304). So Im wondering if my game was not even patched to 1.5. I do not believe this should have an effect on if I can install mods but it may show that I cannot seem to edit the game at all.
From the FAQ:
Q: How do i know what game version do i have and what to do to update the game?A: To see your game version you can run the game in windowed mode by unchecking the Fullscreen check box in the Options -> Video menu in game, then press Accept, and the game version is written in the window title.If you have version:any version lower than 1.4.5 -> get the Enhanced Edition patch install it and then get patch 1.5 and install it too1.4.5.1280 / 1.4.5.1282 / 1.4.5.1303 -> get patch 1.51.4.5.1304 -> you have the latest patch installed
In other words, the 1.5 patch doesn't produce version 1.5. You've successfully installed the 1.5 patch.(I have no idea why your mods aren't working, but with luck, Licaon_Kter will know.)

***Update***I have the found the reasons for my problems. When I uninstalled and reinstalled the game it never removed the old game and in fact installed the new game as a sub directory in the old one. So basically my games directory is now D:\Program Files\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\. Im not exactly sure how this happened but I have successfully installed the mods. Thanks Corylea for your help and I can see why no one knew how to fix my problem, my mistake everyone and I apologize if I wasted anyone's time.

Zekakura said:
***Update***I have the found the reasons for my problems. When I uninstalled and reinstalled the game it never removed the old game and in fact installed the new game as a sub directory in the old one. So basically my games directory is now D:\Program Files\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\. Im not exactly sure how this happened but I have successfully installed the mods. Thanks Corylea for your help and I can see why no one knew how to fix my problem, my mistake everyone and I apologize if I wasted anyone's time.
I was actually going to ask if you tried to remove the game and reinstall it but I assumed you already did so I didn't say anything. I'm glad you fixed it, enjoy your mods :)

Zekakura said:
I have tried for several days to install a few different types of mods. Not quests but mods that change aspects of the game. My first attempt was with FCR or the Full Combat Rebalancer mod. This actually came with an installer and unfortunately was unsuccessful. I also tried to install the Black Edition mod, putting the files into the Data/Override folder, which was unsuccessful as well. I cannot seem to get the game to recognize any change to to its directory at all.
try the immersive interface: http://www.moddb.com/mods/witcherextremeimmersion tootry with D'jinni too, load it, then go to Game -> Start game ( or whatever that menu option is ) -> load a savegameand in the lower pane below the game window you see a little console, and scroll it up, there should be a "REading: \Override " folder or something written there

i have a problem with the mods ,too.I successfully installed the enchanced edition.normally i should now be able to play the 2 bonus adventures price of neutrality and another one right?but when i click on new game and then on own adventures or whatever it is called the game doesnt give me the option to play price of neutrality. what went wrong? i know that i played price of neutrality once but its long ago and i cant remember any problems like the one i have now.the main thing is that i cant install any other adventures.i tried it this way:dl the file.extract it into my game folder "the witcher" and i copied all files except the .adv files into the "override" folder.did i do anything wrong?i apologise for my english -.-

reapersservant said:
i have a problem with the mods ,too.I successfully installed the enchanced edition.normally i should now be able to play the 2 bonus adventures price of neutrality and another one right?but when i click on new game and then on own adventures or whatever it is called the game doesnt give me the option to play price of neutrality. what went wrong? i know that i played price of neutrality once but its long ago and i cant remember any problems like the one i have now.the main thing is that i cant install any other adventures.i tried it this way:dl the file.extract it into my game folder "the witcher" and i copied all files except the .adv files into the "override" folder.did i do anything wrong?i apologise for my english -.-
To install the adv. filesFor vista and 7 go to C:/Users>public>public documents>the witcher and put the adv. files in the witcher folder if there is no witcher folder then right click an empty area and create folder and name it to the witcherfor XP i think is C:/documents>the witcher

Right I am having an issue with the walk mod. It dose not work with my Platinum Enhanced Edition. I have the override folder. I get the other walk button but it dose not want to work for me lol. Any help?

Top Bottom