I can't enable Nvidia Reflex ingame (next gen)

+
Hello, i'm trying to set the best for me graphic confinguration but the Nvidia reflex is disabled in my game.
specs of the pc i play on: Amd ryzen 5 1600, Gtx 1660 super and memory 16gb 2k6 mhz. I use native resolution 1080p together with 60hz screen and i experience stuttering ingame , so i tried to fix it with Nvidia reflex but can't enable the function. Why may it i happpen? Thank you in advance for help.

P.S. i can see the stuttering regardless i use low or uber setttings and even when game is running with dx 11. However my goal is to play with dx 12 because of Fsr 2 that 'id liked. Maybe it matters that i got installed mod Enchanced Edition Redux, Mod limit adjuster and shared imports?

PS2. It's win 10 that i use.

Last edited:
Ok :(
So at least, if you didn't, send a ticket to the support for help ("contact us" button).
No dedicated category, but this one should be fine (include a DxDiag in the report).
I belive they are gonna tell me to "Verify integrity of the game cache as described" and i don't wanna do it because of EE Redux and saved games. Naah, I've just enabled low latency mode in Nvidia graphic settings maybe it's same? not sure about it. Anyway thank you for help LeKill3rFou and good night from me. Regards.

Do you have other Reflex compatible games in which you can enable the Reflex option ?
If it doesn't work in other games too, I doubt it could be mod related.

Do you have other Reflex compatible games in which you can enable the Reflex option ?
Unfortunately i do not. I only got installed the game right now. It's not working badly anyway but i tried to use the reflex to make it working smoother

Did you tried to change 3d profile for bin/x64_dx12/witcher3.exe to:
- preferred graphic proc. "High-perf. Nvidia Procesor" and Low Latency Mode to "Ultra"
1684408110665.png

But regardless of this option, it's just lowering ur input lag in GPU heavy tasks, but when ur CPU will be bottleneck (and this is very often in DX12) then you gain nothing from Reflex On, even performance may be little lower.

For ur config is much more recommended to run this game in DX11, just change in Nvidia CP for witcher3.exe change: v-sync to Fast, limit cap FPS to 60, you Low latency Mode to Ultra.
In game change:
HW to Off,
SSR to low,
AA to TAAU
SSAO to HBAO+
Dinamic resolution to Off
Number Chars. to Medium or Low
Shadows and Foliage to High
Grass Low or High
Textures no more then Ultra
rest like you prefer or go higher in above options if your FPS won't drop much below 60

Then performance will be smoother and better then in DX12

Last edited:
Then performance will be smoother and better then in DX12

Done it and thank you for the settings setup, i was looking for it. Indeed then the game is a little smoother and i really mean just a little but also looking much worse. Sounds that i need to find the compromise myself.

By the way, I found the reason NvReflex was disabled for me. Just my witcher3.exe file was running in compatibility mode with Win 8 , so i turned it off and NvRefllex is availble now. To be honest it doesn't change much in my case and Geralt isn't moving completely smooth even displayed fps are 59 or 60. Thank you both guys.

Last edited:
Could be mod related.
But did you try to clean install your drivers in case ?

Hey it's me again. I took a deeper look at my problem with stuttering and installed an old gen game . (v1.31) I ve fixed lowest graphic settings and even screen resolution. My conclusion is stuttering appears in my game regardles the settings i play on, regardless the fps score my pc can reach.
It's most propably caused by mouse movement or camera turning or both. I tried to work on mouse movement using windows's tools and failed at finding the solution. When you have any clue what else i can do in the stuttering matter feel free to point me your tips. Thanks in advance and regards.

Hey it's me again. I took a deeper look at my problem with stuttering and installed an old gen game . (v1.31) I ve fixed lowest graphic settings and even screen resolution. My conclusion is stuttering appears in my game regardles the settings i play on, regardless the fps score my pc can reach.
It's most propably caused by mouse movement or camera turning or both. I tried to work on mouse movement using windows's tools and failed at finding the solution. When you have any clue what else i can do in the stuttering matter feel free to point me your tips. Thanks in advance and regards.
Did you survey your CPU/GPU/RAM usage while playing. To see if something is under-used or hit the maximum use without any real reason ?

Did you survey your CPU/GPU/RAM usage while playing. To see if something is under-used or hit the maximum use without any real reason ?

I've checked it via HWinfo program and it seemed to me it's fine BUT later i reinstalled the game and set all settings within it to default. It included energy consumption that is in' optimal ' mode now and not 'high performance'. I also got intelligent standby list cleaner(ISSLC) for mouse fix.
The results are satisfactory and my game is running smoother in dx11 mode. Perhaps my pc components are dirty and it's all about the energy consumption :< i need to take care for it. Thank you LeKill3rFou for pointing me the right direction. have a nice day :)

You want power mode to be High Performance .... What that setting does is makes sure the clock doesn't go below the base frequency which in your case is 1530 MHz .... Otherwise it can drop as low as 200 MHz and can cause stuttering if it's trying to go from 200 Mhz clear up to 1530 MHz or even full boost clock 1785 Mhz. When you set it to High Performance the clock stays between 1530 Mhz and 1785 Mhz instead of radically bouncing from 200 Mhz clear up to 1785 Mhz which is going to take longer and you can see stuttering.

Things that can cause stuttering are custom "gaming" mouse drivers, custom game pad drivers, anything with an overlay (Steam, Afterburner, etc.) and RGB software especially Gigabyte's ... Also make sure things like web browsers and Discord are not running in the background. Basically anything that might be grabbing CPU cycles. You could also try a program called Process Lasso, it's free if you don't mind a nag screen that appears on startup

Top Bottom