I could never appreciate the world of CyberPunk 2077 until I saw this video...

+
There's an underpass at the far right side of pacifica and inside the tunnel there are openings above to see the water. It's amazing how much care was taken to both traffic engineering and architecture.

yea it looks nice a bit too homogenous for me but the issue is that you have very little interaction with that world.

Yes, a game MADE by MODDERS...

Congratulations, CDPR...:rolleyes:

BUT, lets PRIDE for the next update.... and the next...and, maybe, next...

It took till this video, for you to realize how stunning Night City looks @levyjl1988 ?
*interesting*

However, the looks were never the problem with Cyberpunk 2077 even in the release version.
You re absolutely right the City looks awesome, so much to discover by just strawling through
the streets. That being said, the problems lie withing the interaction you have with the City.

Right now Night City is a nice backdrop to look at (for the most part , but with nothing to do in it
aka "lifeless"
Games that look worse and are way older than CP77 have already more fun / useless stuff to
do in it. Outside of your "merc" work there is not much you can burn your earned eddies.

How nice would it be to go out on a night of mischief with Judy or Panam, River or Kerry?
Hmm? Or just sit down at a nice place and watch the City life buzzing around you. Let alone
taking a drink in your favorite bar after a gig like "monster hunt" (not just buying them)
Or just take someone with you to your apartment, as we have seen in the 2018 demo?

I know i know, totally "useless" stuff, but it would feel more like you were a Edgerunner in
night city, if you could interact with the city and the npcs more.

So yes, looks aren t the problem, they never were, even when you take out RTX the city
looks absolutely awesome. Just like you would imagine from the source material.
So the devs definitly did a exellent job there.

It took till this video, for you to realize how stunning Night City looks @levyjl1988 ?
*interesting*

However, the looks were never the problem with Cyberpunk 2077 even in the release version.
You re absolutely right the City looks awesome, so much to discover by just strawling through
the streets. That being said, the problems lie withing the interaction you have with the City.

Right now Night City is a nice backdrop to look at (for the most part , but with nothing to do in it
aka "lifeless"
Games that look worse and are way older than CP77 have already more fun / useless stuff to
do in it. Outside of your "merc" work there is not much you can burn your earned eddies.

How nice would it be to go out on a night of mischief with Judy or Panam, River or Kerry?
Hmm? Or just sit down at a nice place and watch the City life buzzing around you. Let alone
taking a drink in your favorite bar after a gig like "monster hunt" (not just buying them)
Or just take someone with you to your apartment, as we have seen in the 2018 demo?

I know i know, totally "useless" stuff, but it would feel more like you were a Edgerunner in
night city, if you could interact with the city and the npcs more.

So yes, looks aren t the problem, they never were, even when you take out RTX the city
looks absolutely awesome. Just like you would imagine from the source material.
So the devs definitly did a exellent job there.

CDPR's official trailers or trailers, Nightcity would be a living city. She is beautiful, the artwork on her was relatively well done (after updates, bugs were fixed in the scenery). But it's a lifeless city, with nothing, just beautiful. It's a pretty label on an empty bottle...

The 'excuses' are or could be many, from technical difficulties to programming time, but all this would be easily - absurdly easy - to get around without Nightcity losing its 'charm' as a 'futuristic living city'.

There's no way to think about Cyberpunk universes without thinking about Blade Runner, it's what sets the style. The rain, very recurrent in Blade Runner, could have been used as an eschatological reason to reduce human trafficking in the city, even saving processing. Instead of filling the city with useless things, like food machines and 'snack stalls' without any interaction, few of these, given the weather conditions, but few of these functional ones (with interactions) would already see eye to eye and cover much of the flaws that today many complain.

As I've always said, it was a succession of mistakes and disastrous game design decisions... The city could be simpler, but with more life, if the context were thought together with the technique - that seems to be non-existent today.

A few days ago there was a live where someone was talking about a 'weapon'... if CDPR wants to continue to kill this game, to liquidate something that has a future, it will worry about these minor nonsense as 'weapons'...

Let's see, hope is the last to die...

Just wow. Playing the game and viewing it from ground level made me miss so much detail of the city.
Observing things from the ground view perspective and not only that limited to first-person perspective made me really miss a lot.

Once I saw this video and saw all the verticality I can really appreciate what the designers were trying to convey.
I'm playing this on Xbox Series X console and unfortunately cannot experience this game at its best on PC with mods.

It's disappointing we weren't able to see this vision of this game in the final product.
This is using the experimental mod 'Let there be Flight' available via Github,; it's a bit of a pain to install though as it has a whole set of dependencies but the effect is tremendously impressive with the flying car and it works with moptorcycles too, the folding up wheels/jet engines transition is very impressive...and on a rig like that the quality of images and textures is obviously superb

Last edited:
Top Bottom