I didn't like Jackie Welles [Spoilers]

+
Its your personal opinion, not everyone is going to enjoy and like every character.

Personally I really liked Jackie and was kind of sad that none of the options you choose seem to keep him alive. I was hoping that maybe sending him to Vic, being a ripperdoc, would maybe save him but nope. Seemed a shame to wipe him so soon, I felt like he was a strong character, but I guess he was a story tool.

Jackie as a character I don't totally get it.

Viktor is a supreme man, but he didn't even receive my request.

Here I thought I was doing the right thing, getting Jackie all dressed up nice for mama to see him with Viktors help

But Jackie didn't keep that appointment. And I didn't get a memorial. I don't get it.

I did not like him, either. Didn't hate him, just thought he was underdeveloped, character-wise.

It feels like Jackie's character and personality were crafted solely for marketing the game in ads. He's the loud, over-the-top, gun-toting merc who's supposed to embody this wild crazy gaming experience in Night City that CDPR was selling to us.

Outside of that, his character and backstory are very flat and cartoonish. He doesn't fit well in the actual Night City that we got. I find his interactions with characters in the game really alien, too. Even his relationship with Misty seemed off.

Of all the main and supporting characters in this game, Jackie was the least believable to me.

Jackie as a character I don't totally get it.

Viktor is a supreme man, but he didn't even receive my request.

Here I thought I was doing the right thing, getting Jackie all dressed up nice for mama to see him with Viktors help

But Jackie didn't keep that appointment. And I didn't get a memorial. I don't get it.

People came from Arasaka and took Jackie's body away from Viktor.
Why they came for his body I do not know. But that's why you did not get your memorial.
Post automatically merged:

I didn't like T-Bug at all, like at all... Jackie was "ok" but not that memorable to me.

In the Corpo opening Jackie is already calling V like they were best chooms, while she is trying to work.

I really did not care about T-bug either, but you never had any real interaction with her, so she was easy to forget.

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

I personally liked Jackie well enough. My biggest issue is with how his and V's friendship is treated. Predefined friendships aren't new in video games, and it's not something that's unique only to Cyberpunk, but I'm just not a fan of them.

Jackie is very clearly designed as protagonist's designated bro. The game establishes that him and V were as thick as thieves, V clearly misses him but we weren't showed enough of that friendship to make it believable? There's always this level of segregation between V and the player whenever Jackie is brought up because we didn't get to know him as well as V supposedly did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played corpo and it's even worst than that: you begin the game and he's already your imposed friend.
Make characters I like and let me decide that if it's supposed to be an RPG...

I've got to 2nd this.
1st play thru was street-kid and he seemed overbearing, but.. ok
2nd play thru as Corpo and it's like -- how do these 2 even know each other!? And he's sitting there calling me "Corpo Rat".. only us Corpos can call each other that! :p

Why they came for his body I do not know. But that's why you did not get your memorial.
Post automatically merged:

I really did not care about T-bug either, but you never had any real interaction with her, so she was easy to forget.

I don't understand that reasoning. I thought Viktor would dress up the body so mama could see her son as she knew him, whole.

I didn't want to send the body directly to mama shot full of holes.

If Arasaka really wanted that body, it would have been intercepted regardless of where I sent it first. Viktor didn't get it, mama wouldn't either.

That's just a small criticism I have of the game. I like it overall.

I personally liked Jackie well enough. My biggest issue is with how his and V's friendship is treated.

Jackie is very clearly designed as protagonist's designated bro, the game establishes that him and V were as thick as thieves, V clearly misses him but we weren't showed enough of that friendship to make it believable? There's always this level of segregation between V and the player whenever Jackie is brought up because we didn't get to know him as well as V supposedly did.

The whole friendship thing is forced on you, and I did not like that.
So I prefer to see them more as partners than an actual friends.

Because as the player, I did not like Jackie he would not have been my friend, if I was given the choice.
But we could be partners in crime when needed.
And this fits better when playing a Corpo or Nomad because Jackie really did not fit in with these two play styles.

well i didnt like most of the characters in the game, thats why i love the lone wolf way

:c
Jackie carry V during . She have nothing in life and useless. He carry V for half year. and in the end . He take a bullet for her :0 . and I not see Jackie take a reward by emm ... sleep with her yet :e.

How come this is such a good man exsist on earth :0

I can see . How much V depression on her emotion . When call jackie on her phone after He is pass away . even in just
drama game but its so dramatic o.o !

poor V :0

lucky its not happen at me . :v

cheer

Jackie came off feeling extremely fake friend that was out for himself. As for T-bug she annoyed me, I was glad when both died so I would not have to see or hear them again.

(light spoilers) I wont say I liked him or hated him. I saw him like 3 times, later I found out I lived with him and his mother for sveral months, and even later I tried calling him(after he died). V was emotional when she was leaving messages. So he prolly meant to her. But all we got with him was shitty monagte and like 4 missons. ( I was confused when I found out they are not playable). So I really dont know what to think about him, like Meredith, like T bug. I mean they fucked some charactes too much

When you play River sidequest, you find out that the police uses either anyway Arasaka technic or some other technic to use "soulkiller on dead people". Or on the mind itself.

So Arasaka stole the body to use that on him, to find out more about the heist.

In some endings (and probably if you did the sidequest) + sending him to Viktor, you can actually see Jackie in a strange-data form.

I get your more into Goro than Jackie....or something like that, but Jackie is also more in Misty than V. People are like that.

Besides that, there are valid reasons in all three life paths why at least initially, you are partnered with Jackie, at least in doing some form of "merc" work together.

Jackie was okay, just under developed. You're supposed to like him, the game kind of forces that on you, but he's so under developed and so under used that you barely get to know him. He's barely a tertiary character in development. He's muscle that you're forced to take onto missions, but otherwise you have very little interaction with him.

The sad thing is, you get to know him better after he's dead, then when he was alive, which is a shame, because he shows signs of being a really great character. But in typical CDPR Cyberpunk fashion, they watered him down so they could get to Johnny faster.

Totally useless and I couldn't care less when he died. Why should I? I stayed with the guy for what, 1 hour? Probably all the montage cut content would have made me care more.
This applies to many other characters, the detective to name one (so useless I already forgot his name).

P.S. spoiling his death was not a smart move from CDPR and their "glorious" marketing campaign, full of spoilers and lies.

I know I know shoot me now...!

But I really did not like him, loud and obnoxious best describe him to me.

[...]

If he had been made a permanent partner, I would have never called on him for anything. He was the kind of guy who I would avoid in real life also.
A real knuckle dragger.
Exactly, I think the same.
I felt much better when I didn't have to listen to his boasting and babbling anymore.

Top Bottom