I didn't like Jackie Welles [Spoilers]

+
I gotta a question. Since you hated Jackie. Did you like that we got very little with him?

Yes I did like that we didn't get a lot of him.
As I said If he had been made a permanent partner, I would have never called on him for anything. He was the kind of guy who I would avoid in real life also.
A real knuckle dragger.

I've got to 2nd this.
1st play thru was street-kid and he seemed overbearing, but.. ok
2nd play thru as Corpo and it's like -- how do these 2 even know each other!? And he's sitting there calling me "Corpo Rat".. only us Corpos can call each other that! :p
Yeah, I felt the same,
Tried to played it as a heartless Corpo who was just using Jackie... but you can’t... there is no true choices

This game is the equivalent of jumping of a building with no parachute... no matter what you do the result will be always the same

Yes I did like that we didn't get a lot of him.
As I said If he had been made a permanent partner, I would have never called on him for anything. He was the kind of guy who I would avoid in real life also.
A real knuckle dragger.
Well at least the crap use of Jackie was liked by someone, lol.

Kind of shocked that just because "you" wouldn't hang out with him, it makes him a bad character...but I guess I get why that is your opinion.

I can kind of put myself out of my situation and "roleplay" a bit, so I am empathetic to the situations to games/characters/movies/books/media I interact with.

In real life, I would probably not hang out with Jackie. I do how ever appreciate his loyalty and earnestness. His open thoughts and directness is endearing, and the effort he goes through to protect his family and better their lives I can affiliate with and idolize.

The soul of Jackie's character of a bigger than life strong man with a big heart is what I really enjoyed. Boisterous, loud, and loving.

I like Jackie and would have preferred that he played a more substantial role in the game. I like his personality, demeanor and only negative thing I could say is he steps in front of me too frequently while I am shooting at badguys. In fact I would happily trade that asshat Silverhad for Jackie any day.

Last edited:
Damn the title's spicy.

I felt the guy didn't get enough screen-time to be as close as suggested (one way that montage was a mistake), but maybe it's from the choice of lifepaths that Jackie seemed... really caring for a Corpo V. He's a bit carefree and fully immersed in the dream that my only gripes are not spending enough time with him (the funeral was a real kick in the gut whilst talking with Misty) and that I couldn't snap him out of it. The bullet in the gut was what snapped him out, but it was very late. The only thing that I can say in kind for being stuck in his mind like that is that he held up pretty long with that wound.

Still, I get what you mean and I feel like I respect the perspective, OP.

It depends on your life path.

My first game was as a male Nomad and the back story with Jackie fit really well. You get screwed on a smuggling op, Jackie admits he has no money to pay you but you sell the iguana together and get some money to party with, then Jackie shows you Night City. As a Nomad you are new to Night City and that explains why/how you stayed at Jackie's house/met his mom. He felt like a buddy and his death had an impact.

Second game is a female corpo and the Jackie nack story is not great. Somehow you know him and talk to him on the phone about your corpo problems????? Then for some reason you need saving at the bar and he decides to help you, then he shows you night city and has a corpo rat stay with his family because ......??? I found that corpo just dooesn't fit well with the story while nomad fit very well.

I need to try a street kid to see how that goes. Also a male V will bond better with Jackie then a female V, it also fits better with your friendship with Misty when you are male V.

T Bug was unremarkable in the extreme. I thought at first that maybe she was in on the Dexter Deshawn double cross but she was just gone.

A DLC that expands on those images from the montage would be great. Give us a dozen missions with Jackie and T Bug to get to know them and it'd be better.

Well this post is a little heart breaking..

With that said though, I do understand why some people may not like Jackie, I mean we are all different and all have our own opinions in life.
I'm surprised that anyone can come to a conclusion with the character given the small amount of development he got, he deserved a lot more to his story. With the whole montage and the fact that it was clearly noticeable that both Jackie and V knew each other long before the events of CP2077 (it was especially noticeable during the Corpo life path).
I can only assume all of this will come with dlc and/or an expansion. Though it should of come with the base game as the story feels rushed without it, terrible decision in my book.

I did find it strange with Jackie that his whole personality at first did seem like he was rather loud, then during the Heist he then changed to being a bit more paranoid as if reality had finally sunk in. This was noticeable and did make me feel a bit different towards him. As if all of his confidence was for show.

However, I personally like Jackie myself. Despite being a pussy cat sometimes he did seem like a loyal friend. Caring to everyone around him. Also, despite how much he deep down might not of wanted to do something, I do get the feeling he would still put his friends and family first and thus do it anyway. For example during the Corpo run he deep down didn't want to help V with his/her problem but I do believe if the whole thing didn't end up giving us a rather abrupt ending, Jackie would of helped V regardless. I liked this about him and the scene where he practically chased off the Corpo goons during the life path really nailed it for me.

Well this post is a little heart breaking..

With that said though, I do understand why some people may not like Jackie, I mean we are all different and all have our own opinions in life.
I'm surprised that anyone can come to a conclusion with the character given the small amount of development he got, he deserved a lot more to his story. With the whole montage and the fact that it was clearly noticeable that both Jackie and V knew each other long before the events of CP2077 (it was especially noticeable during the Corpo life path).
I can only assume all of this will come with dlc and/or an expansion. Though it should of come with the base game as the story feels rushed without it, terrible decision in my book.

I did find it strange with Jackie that his whole personality at first did seem like he was rather loud, then during the Heist he then changed to being a bit more paranoid as if reality had finally sunk in. This was noticeable and did make me feel a bit different towards him. As if all of his confidence was for show.

However, I personally like Jackie myself. Despite being a pussy cat sometimes he did seem like a loyal friend. Caring to everyone around him. Also, despite how much he deep down might not of wanted to do something, I do get the feeling he would still put his friends and family first and thus do it anyway. For example during the Corpo run he deep down didn't want to help V with his/her problem but I do believe if the whole thing didn't end up giving us a rather abrupt ending, Jackie would of helped V regardless. I liked this about him and the scene where he practically chased off the Corpo goons during the life path really nailed it for me.

To be honest I also was quite surprised that so many people disliked Jackie besides myself.
That is why {I said I know I know shoot me now}...!

But after seeing several posts, it was quite easy to see we were disliking him for the same reasons, loud, obnoxious, knuckle dragger. Which is a hard character to get anyone to like. And I do not understand people who do like people with that kind of personality.

I don't think Jackie needed any more character development to form an opinion about him, In the six month cut seen, it was quite easy to see what kind of guy he was by his actions.

You also say {It is clearly noticeable that both Jackie and V knew each other long before the events of CP2077} that only holds true with the Corpo play through.
When you play the street kid play through they had just met and did not know each other at all.

To me Jackie felt like a rush character you meet them well. We need a better eeting and more reason to care for him.

Probably it depends on the starting path, but for Corpos Jackie is introduced very well and it felled consistent for me.
I cared for him ... and he explained his rude behavior in the car to the Heist and it was fully understandable

I really like this char.

Regards

I know I know shoot me now...!

But I really did not like him, loud and obnoxious best describe him to me.
I also think he was just using V because he/she was better than he was at doing many things he could not do. And he saw V as his ticket to the big time.

He really shows his true colors at the Afterlife meeting and on the drive to the heist. Where he seemed to be barely in control of himself. And he was obviously only thinking of himself. In the conversation they had V was obviously worried he was going to blow the heist, if he did not control himself. And I was actually glad he died, because I really did not want to put up with him anymore.

If he had been made a permanent partner, I would have never called on him for anything. He was the kind of guy who I would avoid in real life also.
A real knuckle dragger.

v was kind of being a d''k not sure if its because of nerves. Its clear that V is also aiming at the bigtime, and even more clear that for Jackie it was a big deal. But V still acts weird about Jackie being consistent. Also Jackie at no time put the heist in danger by any action.

I can see why some people may not like him, he has a certain personality. But if thats the case, its actually V who is the one using Jackie. Jackie is the one people trust, and like, hes the one with the relationships with fixers. And by all we see in the story, he is generally straight forward and loyal to his friends. Not saying you can't not like him, but I've seen no evidence that Jackie was bad at being a merc, specifically a solo.
Post automatically merged:

I played corpo and it's even worst than that: you begin the game and he's already your imposed friend.
Make characters I like and let me decide that if it's supposed to be an RPG...
whether you truly like him is unknown, even in corpo story. However, he has repeatedly saved corpo V's life. And Corpo V turns to him for his plan. It is easily possible, and maybe probable, that corpo V is using him though

I know I know shoot me now...!

But I really did not like him, loud and obnoxious best describe him to me.
I also think he was just using V because he/she was better than he was at doing many things he could not do. And he saw V as his ticket to the big time.

He really shows his true colors at the Afterlife meeting and on the drive to the heist. Where he seemed to be barely in control of himself. And he was obviously only thinking of himself. In the conversation they had V was obviously worried he was going to blow the heist, if he did not control himself. And I was actually glad he died, because I really did not want to put up with him anymore.

If he had been made a permanent partner, I would have never called on him for anything. He was the kind of guy who I would avoid in real life also.
A real knuckle dragger.

Same, i wish there was an option to dump him from the car at the beginning or have him arrested for smuggling :D

Top Bottom