I didn't like my language localization - is that case in other languages?

+
In Spanish (of Spain) language someone had the great idea of translating a lot of quests replacing the song names with local songs. Really? Maybe it's a minor thing but I hate when translators adapt original things to local references. Please no. We are not stupid.

Also, the subtitles were weird. I find it normal to see Jackie saying "chingada madre" (as he says in English), but my V? non-Latin NPC? Ok... at first I thought I had chosen the wrong language but no, it was correct.

Also, the Spanish Jackie voice was completely different from the original. Very caricaturesque, like most people in Spain think Mexicans speak.

Don't know if it happens in other languages. So now I play completely in English. I have to change it every time I start the game, even with the patches.

For the language switching issue this should work (well , at least it did for me):

If you play on Steam right click on Cyberpunk in your library -> Properties -> Language

In Spanish (of Spain) language someone had the great idea of translating a lot of quests replacing the song names with local songs. Really? Maybe it's a minor thing but I hate when translators adapt original things to local references. Please no. We are not stupid.

Also, the subtitles were weird. I find it normal to see Jackie saying "chingada madre" (as he says in English), but my V? non-Latin NPC? Ok... at first I thought I had chosen the wrong language but no, it was correct.

Also, the Spanish Jackie voice was completely different from the original. Very caricaturesque, like most people in Spain think Mexicans speak.

Don't know if it happens in other languages. So now I play completely in English. I have to change it every time I start the game, even with the patches.
I feel like the english version is the best in terms of voice acting anyway, didnt like localization to my language either and played the whole game in english.

In italian the localization is as good as it gets. Mission names rapresenting songs titles are left in english, and the italian voices are top notch. Then again, italian voice actors are among the best in the industry. I keep hearing how Reeves's work with Johnny is quite weak, but in Italy the voice actor impersonating Silverhand really delivers. Takemura's voice actor and Hanako's are professional Italian-Japanese actors, so their accent doesn't feel forced at all. And i could keep praising all other performances, it's just that good. Compared to Rockstar, a company that doesn't even bother dubbing their games, the amount of work done by CDPR in this aspect is amazing.

And the translation and the subtitles are very consistent, with basically no typos. They did a great job in that regard.

Was that simple as that. Thanks!

In italian the localization is as good as it gets. Mission names rapresenting songs titles are left in english, and the italian voices are top notch. Then again, italian voice actors are among the best in the industry. I keep hearing how Reeves's work with Johnny is quite weak, but in Italy the voice actor impersonating Silverhand really delivers. Takemura's voice actor and Hanako's are professional Italian-Japanese actors, so their accent doesn't feel forced at all. And i could keep praising all other performances, it's just that good. Compared to Rockstar, a company that doesn't even bother dubbing their games, the amount of work done by CDPR in this aspect is amazing.

And the translation and the subtitles are very consistent, with basically no typos. They did a great job in that regard.

Glad Italian version was so good.

Don't know if it happens in other languages. So now I play completely in English. I have to change it every time I start the game, even with the
I love the Spanish localization

When it comes to polish localization, it had very positive feedback although some people complained about more cursing than in english version. But fom what I could see (like 15 minutes of gamyplay on youtube) I can honestly say that I dont like it at all. But I generally dont like localizations and prefer to stick with original audio. So I guess its personal preference over localization as general in most cases.

German one was surprisingly good... but first thing I noticed asap was that Panam and Judy both have a totally different tone of voice in the english voiceover im currently playing with... Judy f.e got a really soft voice in german - not that punk rebel like she used to be in english f.e - I was curious how the different voices and moods would look like especially in all of the romance missions - yet for me it feels completely different between eng and ger... but im not that far yet on this playthrough just lvl 36... curious of the "endings" tho...

I love the Spanish localization
Glad you did it. I just hate how games/movies try to naturalize (instead of being neutral, for example) references. I always prefer if they maintain the original.

Like I said, it was weird watching V saying "chingada madre" in Spanish (Spain) subtitles. I guess she got from Jackie lol.

Top Bottom