I Didn't Watch the Night City Wire Episodes

+
...before playing Cyberpunk and I'm SO glad I didn't. I saw some trailers a few years back and have been avoiding most of the hype of Cyberpunk 2077 to not spoil it. I would say I went into the game with relatively fresh eyes and mind and didn't expect too much from it. I really didn't. I didn't get to play Witcher 3 yet so I don't even know the hype around CDPR for their accomplishment with that game. I'm around 100 hours in Cyberpunk and even with the few bugs on pc have been mostly enjoying the content and the storytelling.

I enjoyed the game so much I recently went onto YT and started watching the night city wire episodes. I watched all 5 in a sitting. Oh boy.... Um.. Yeah. If I saw all these before I would've thought the game they were talking about was a very different game. It's totally misleading and they really hyped up their game to be something it was not. There was an episode when they were describing the city and the crowds and the gangs... and interacting with them and such. I'm not going to say it's a scam or anything but it's mind boggling hearing these episodes after completing the game twice. I'm not sure if it was content that was cut or if it was just exaggerations by the developers? I mean this was in September 18 which is not that long ago so not too sure.

I guess the point of this thread is.. I understand where people that are upset about how this game came out. I thought it was just an exaggeration or unrealistic expectations of people to be honest. I know it's their job to push marketing but if they didn't do all those night city episodes and talk about the game in that way it would've had a much better reception coming out. I'm not sure if they could really deliver any of these promises anymore as the game is done but I feel that the bones are good for the game. I think the foundation is pretty decent and if they put in the elbow grease to fix it I think it could still be a pretty good game. I hope some of the features they talked about on some of them will come into fruition.

I just rewatched a few as well... It was just marketing done in the most effective way. They implied a huge amount by dramatic wording and cutting together the best handful of scripted sequences from the game but never actually said anything untrue. That's just how you sell 13 million copies, I guess.

Top Bottom