I don't feel the game anymore

+
iamthedave;n10241962 said:
But that's why I say 'if warriors make only one copy'. Most decks run removal, right? That's just a given, every deck has SOMETHING you want to kill. Killing 6 nekkers (maximum) isn't that much of a demand when they're only 4 pt cards out the gate. Or just kill 5 and save a scorch for no. 6. And that's assuming they managed to play all three warriors on turn 1, and very few Nekker decks manage that. Turn 2 and 3 warriors don't get anything like the same value due to having less time to set up consume chains they benefit from. I mean, sure, you've just spent a bunch of cards only killing nekkers, but in the process you've killed their entire engine. There's really not much else to go after once the nekkers are gone anyway, and they're mostly non-interactive decks that don't go after you much.
Hold on a second. Are you seriously telling me that your opponents look at you killing all their Nekkers without doing anything? What rank are you playing at?
What you suggest is simply impossible against a decent player. They can delay their Nekker play and boost them outside of range of your removal, pass when you lose tempo controlling their board...

Also, you said that it's very rare to play all of your Nekker warrior...It's not. In fact with three copies of each and three copies of Slyzards I can hardly think how you can miss any.
You're also saying that you just have to kill 5 Nekkers but this isn't true. A fully run Nekker deck can pull 11 Nekkers (3 from base deck + 2 from each Warrior + 2 resurrected from their graveyard with Brewess)...You're basically suggesting to have 11 removal in your starting hand...Very unlikely if you ask me.

Also, I don't understand why you conclude that NG would be the only deck that can beat Consume because of Sweers, that's a very odd idea.
Sweers is the best counter against Consume and yes, believe it or not, peoples play him because of this deck. In the current meta, if Consume wouldn't be a thing nobody would play him.

It doesn't mean that NG is the only deck that beat Consume it just mean that Sweers is the best counter for Nekkers.

About Slave driver : You're talking about a deck that doesn't exist anymore, Spellt'ael died since Farseer doesn't synergies with the deck anymore. The fact that your SD miss against this deck doesn't matter since you're probably gonna win regardless.

You game is dying

Very obviously, your game is dying and it hasn't even been released.

The reason is twofold:
1. your development has no direction, they're simply trying to appease the widest audience. getting too big for their britches, completely losing sight of the fact they're making a card game, and not the next multimillion dollar e-sports disneyland phenomenon.
2. your game isn't Gwent anymore, it's Elder Scrolls Legends with an extra row. And nobody plays Elder Scrolls Legends.

solutions:
Give the reigns back to the guys who had control during closed beta, and inevitably they'll fix #2, by basically changing every single card including reverting all-agile.

Does anyone remember the catchphrase they used at the beginning. "Skill beats luck." Well its the opposite now. Its about who goes first and who goes last. Its a shame really.

fodare;n10247862 said:
Very obviously, your game is dying and it hasn't even been released.
You're not exaggerating at all... Anyway, it's my favorite time of the day

Last edited:
GenLiu;n10246382 said:
Hold on a second. Are you seriously telling me that your opponents look at you killing all their Nekkers without doing anything? What rank are you playing at?
What you suggest is simply impossible against a decent player. They can delay their Nekker play and boost them outside of range of your removal, pass when you lose tempo controlling their board...

Also, you said that it's very rare to play all of your Nekker warrior...It's not. In fact with three copies of each and three copies of Slyzards I can hardly think how you can miss any.
You're also saying that you just have to kill 5 Nekkers but this isn't true. A fully run Nekker deck can pull 11 Nekkers (3 from base deck + 2 from each Warrior + 2 resurrected from their graveyard with Brewess)...You're basically suggesting to have 11 removal in your starting hand...Very unlikely if you ask me.

Also, I don't understand why you conclude that NG would be the only deck that can beat Consume because of Sweers, that's a very odd idea.
Sweers is the best counter against Consume and yes, believe it or not, peoples play him because of this deck. In the current meta, if Consume wouldn't be a thing nobody would play him.

It doesn't mean that NG is the only deck that beat Consume it just mean that Sweers is the best counter for Nekkers.

About Slave driver : You're talking about a deck that doesn't exist anymore, Spellt'ael died since Farseer doesn't synergies with the deck anymore. The fact that your SD miss against this deck doesn't matter since you're probably gonna win regardless.

I am working on the suggestion of my alteration that the warriors only give 1 extra copy. So the max they can have is 8, with resurrections included.

But if they have to rez them with brewess you've more or less won anyway, right? She's bringing in 2 base copies of the nekker that need to be boosted from 4 pts. Realistically this isn't going to be done in the first round, so you've done some consume plays by the time you pull this trick, meaning the nekkers are never going to get majorly out of hand.

And seriously, what are they going to do? They can't NOT PLAY A NEKKER. They have to in order to use the warriors. Once that nekker is on the board, what can they do to boost it while I'm killing it? I kill one, it summons another. I kill that one, it summons another. They're now two turns in and have played a nekker and a warrior, and have 2 copies left in their deck. What can they do on turn 3 to make the one on the board so strong I can't kill it with Alzur's thunder? Mandrake? I don't think consume runs it. So I've reduced them to 1 copy in the deck by turn 3 - with the change I'm suggesting - assuming their turn 3 play is a second warrior. I've killed 3 and a 4th got summoned. They've got at most 22 points on the board, unless I've scared them off from playing warriors, which is all good because if they start consume plays it just means they're delaying getting nekkers on the board and duplicating them. Most decks can do this murdering and still be in the low teens, which is too high for the consume player to dry pass and hope you can't get ahead. In other words you've probably got at least one more turn of nekker murder, if you need/want it.

You really seem to assume they have more power than they actually do. There are plenty of decent tempo removal spells that won't cause the nekker player to pass out of fear of losing the round. Once that nekker touches the board you have free reign to murderise it and every copy in the deck.

Is one nekker, two if they use the final warrior, really such a deadly threat? And that's off just 3 removal in the opening hand, which is easy and most decks can muster that without trying.

Again, this is assuming my suggested change of warriors giving 1 copy is enacted. This can't work with them giving two copies.

And there are definitely still versions of Spellatael around. The one I've encountered recently runs only elven mercenary, the guy who rezs and banishes bronze spells, the boost elf, and bronze spells, and then the usual package of golds and silvers. It's not as OP as the old ones but it's still pretty good. I don't know what MMRs it appears at though, or how far it gets before hitting a wall.

Last edited:
Well Dave, if your suggestion were taken by CDPR, and implemented, then YES, it would be an improvement. Even so, you're assuming most deck run 5-7 4+ damage removal cards, and that's just not the case.

Why don't you suggest it to the devs, and then talk about it?

iamthedave;n10251342 said:
I am working on the suggestion of my alteration that the warriors only give 1 extra copy. So the max they can have is 8, with resurrections included.

But if they have to rez them with brewess you've more or less won anyway, right? She's bringing in 2 base copies of the nekker that need to be boosted from 4 pts. Realistically this isn't going to be done in the first round, so you've done some consume plays by the time you pull this trick, meaning the nekkers are never going to get majorly out of hand.

And seriously, what are they going to do? They can't NOT PLAY A NEKKER. They have to in order to use the warriors. Once that nekker is on the board, what can they do to boost it while I'm killing it? I kill one, it summons another. I kill that one, it summons another. They're now two turns in and have played a nekker and a warrior, and have 2 copies left in their deck. What can they do on turn 3 to make the one on the board so strong I can't kill it with Alzur's thunder? Mandrake? I don't think consume runs it. So I've reduced them to 1 copy in the deck by turn 3 - with the change I'm suggesting - assuming their turn 3 play is a second warrior. I've killed 3 and a 4th got summoned. They've got at most 22 points on the board, unless I've scared them off from playing warriors, which is all good because if they start consume plays it just means they're delaying getting nekkers on the board and duplicating them. Most decks can do this murdering and still be in the low teens, which is too high for the consume player to dry pass and hope you can't get ahead. In other words you've probably got at least one more turn of nekker murder, if you need/want it.

You really seem to assume they have more power than they actually do. There are plenty of decent tempo removal spells that won't cause the nekker player to pass out of fear of losing the round. Once that nekker touches the board you have free reign to murderise it and every copy in the deck.

Is one nekker, two if they use the final warrior, really such a deadly threat? And that's off just 3 removal in the opening hand, which is easy and most decks can muster that without trying.

Again, this is assuming my suggested change of warriors giving 1 copy is enacted. This can't work with them giving two copies.

And there are definitely still versions of Spellatael around. The one I've encountered recently runs only elven mercenary, the guy who rezs and banishes bronze spells, the boost elf, and bronze spells, and then the usual package of golds and silvers. It's not as OP as the old ones but it's still pretty good. I don't know what MMRs it appears at though, or how far it gets before hitting a wall.

Errrr...Well...I'm talking about the actual game where Warriors make 2 copies of the unit you target, if you make up the way they work it's obviously easier to deal with...(what if Nekkers don't bring another one from the deck when they die though...that would make things even easier).

But back to the real world, you seem to have an incredible amount of removal in your deck, I don't think it's possible to get that many in real life, even with a control deck (unless you build it specifically to kill consume in which case you're just gonna lose every other match up...not sure it's reliable).

Also, Nekkers can have a huge power the first time they show up, as a consume player, you're not in a rush of playing them immediately (in fact patience is key while playing this deck). When I play Consume it sometimes happens that the first Nekker appear in the late round 2 sometimes even on round 3. It's entirely possible to win without them (I mean, it can, depending on how you build the deck and your opening hand but it's not a sure thing).

Plus, Nekkers can grow very fast, just using your leader bring them to 7 str, a few more consume and they're out of range of Alzur for example.

It's also interesting that you're suggesting to play an hybrid proactive/reactive deck in order to take them down since, when this kind of deck can perform just fine, it's probably the worst choice you can come up with while fighting consume (simply because you'll most likely be short on pure power since you're not completely proactive and be short on removal too since you're not completely reactive).

GenLiu;n10252042 said:
Errrr...Well...I'm talking about the actual game where Warriors make 2 copies of the unit you target, if you make up the way they work it's obviously easier to deal with...(what if Nekkers don't bring another one from the deck when they die though...that would make things even easier).

But back to the real world, you seem to have an incredible amount of removal in your deck, I don't think it's possible to get that many in real life, even with a control deck (unless you build it specifically to kill consume in which case you're just gonna lose every other match up...not sure it's reliable).

Also, Nekkers can have a huge power the first time they show up, as a consume player, you're not in a rush of playing them immediately (in fact patience is key while playing this deck). When I play Consume it sometimes happens that the first Nekker appear in the late round 2 sometimes even on round 3. It's entirely possible to win without them (I mean, it can, depending on how you build the deck and your opening hand but it's not a sure thing).

Plus, Nekkers can grow very fast, just using your leader bring them to 7 str, a few more consume and they're out of range of Alzur for example.

It's also interesting that you're suggesting to play an hybrid proactive/reactive deck in order to take them down since, when this kind of deck can perform just fine, it's probably the worst choice you can come up with while fighting consume (simply because you'll most likely be short on pure power since you're not completely proactive and be short on removal too since you're not completely reactive).

You may remember that this ENTIRE quote chain began with talking about a 'fix' for nekkers, under the assumption that nekkers are some sort of problem.

But sure, going back to the game as-is.

No, 3-5 cards dedicated to removal isn't an incredible amount of removal, especially when they're there to be searched after by other cards. Do Henselt decks pack an 'incredible amount of removal' because they regularly have NINE CARDS that handle removal duties? Most decks run a minimum of 4-5 because if you don't you have no answer to engines. Dorfs and nekkers don't bother because they're dedicated to points vomit and engine creation/protection. I'd say my average hand in my average deck can spit out 3 bits of removal on the first round, of varying power and quality. It's very, very easy to arrange it so this is almost guaranteed in every faction in Gwent, though admittedly some are better at it than others. Monsters actually have some trouble with it as their spot removal's a bit on the weak side and they don't have a dedicated spellcaster (tormented mage, elven merc etc.). But saying that, weather strategies are a massive pain in the backside for nekkers, because the new nekker just spawns into weather and keeps getting hurt.

Note: Most pro decks run 4+ removal unless they're point vomit/engine decks. Be it weather or direct damage or coral or whatever, they normally have a 5th of the deck dedicated to killing other people's stuff. If yours isn't and it's not an engine/point vomiter, you should seriously ask yourself why you aren't trying to kill the other guy's stuff.

Playing nekkers really late in the game is great for the opponent. That means your warriors were wasted and your entire game plan is weaker as a result, making the entire deck much easier to deal with.

Consume is ONLY overpowering if they play a ton of nekkers into the library and boost them all, then chain-summon them through consume. If we're now talking about nekker players being cautious, the deck isn't close to overpowered in the first place, making the entire discussion moot. The whole thing spins out of people complaining because they find it unthinkable to play around Sweers.

You mention getting nekkers to 7 points as though it's something to be impressed by. You know as well as I do that core bronzes average out at around 12 power now. You need eight consumes to get nekkers to that level, and for the nekkers themselves to do their thing you need to start eating nekkers as well, and duplicate them, otherwise they're only... alright? Not awful? Synergistic but not overwhelming, is my point.

I think hybrid proactive/reactive is the best sort of deck to play against nekkers, honestly. As I said, so long as you're within 10 points the nekker player is going to be hesitant to pass the round as it's very very easy to make up 10 in a single play. That makes it increasingly easy to stall out them actually starting their strategy in the first place. Not to mention how easily you can disrupt egg/arachas consume strategies without even losing tempo (sure, an elven merc is weak, but it's stronger than a dead arachas behemoth). And the longer the round goes without a consume player actually consuming anything, the more they're stymied for the long game.

The only problem as it stands is that the nekker player can put so many into their deck that it's just about impossible to stop them without using banish mechanics. And Monsters now have a way around that, assuming they got one into the yard earlier. I think CDPR would be well served to make it so removal is a legitimate strategy against them. As it is - while I HAVE murder-death-killed a nekker player recently due to them having a mediocre hand - the only way to really slow them down is to ignore the nekkers or pack anti-boost tech, else force a short round 1 and long round 2 to gas them out for round 3 (and hope they can't summon a nekker then, too).

For my own experience I honestly say I find beast consume more difficult to play against than nekker consume.

Last edited:
iamthedave;n10253032 said:
Note: Most pro decks run 4+ removal unless they're point vomit/engine decks. Be it weather or direct damage or coral or whatever, they normally have a 5th of the deck dedicated to killing other people's stuff. If yours isn't and it's not an engine/point vomiter, you should seriously ask yourself why you aren't trying to kill the other guy's stuff.
Well, your statement doesn't make much sense since a deck is either a control deck or a "point vomiter" as you call it. There is no other way to make a deck really.

Playing nekkers really late in the game is great for the opponent. That means your warriors were wasted and your entire game plan is weaker as a result, making the entire deck much easier to deal with.
Say that to my opponents, again, Nekkers grow very easily and quickly, it's very simple to play them on round 2 for example and get the copies to 1O+ by the time you get to them.
Your Warriors aren't wasted either, you can just play them after you played your Nekkers. The only difference is that they're now a lot more difficult to deal with and your Warriors aren't suffering by the low tempo they represent anymore.

You mention getting nekkers to 7 points as though it's something to be impressed by.
Errr....no...I've never said that.

The only problem as it stands is that the nekker player can put so many into their deck that it's just about impossible to stop them without using banish mechanics.
Finally...

I feel with you. By the way: i played today my Beast Consume Deck and i saw that my nekkers in the graveyard were not boosted as i consumed other units.
Is it a bug or is it a new nerf? The description on the Nekkers says that they boost: "whenever they are", when a unit is consumed.

What teh fack i just read? How you can say nekkers are not OP? They are OP really and need to be nerfed for sure. And no1 cares that you don't want nerf them cause you play them in ranked.

There are indirect ways to fight nekker consume, even if warriors put lots of nekkers in the deck. If you take out harpy eggs, their setup is very low-tempo, so you can try to 2-0 them or go into a short round 3 with card advantage. Often they don't have enough consume to bring out all their nekkers in third round (especially if you can make use of locks or jade). Finally, consuming nekkers to bring out the ones in the deck creates fat targets for scorch or igni.

Since I am too new and not aloud to make my own topic yet guess I will grunt about gwent here. I play on Xbox 1. Just started. Did all the single players stuff, typical game, you easily win those and get your garbage starter cards. Then on to multiplayer. Loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss loss. WOW! What happened to all that easy peasy set me up baby like in the single player campaign? Oh wait. Now I am up against the Power Creep of multiplayer. My cards suck in comparison and yep I know I know. Like all CCGs I just dont have the experience and strategic mind right?

No I am pretty sure its a CCG like all others. Largest Library and best cards. So I see that everyone plays the green faction? Must be the OP faction. Yep boots boost and more boost and boost again. Okay everyone goes all in on the first round than keeps Witcher 15 power for the last round and pull horsie for 19. So I must say I am utterly bored with this game right away. And I dont feel like farming resources for a free pack. I recall one game designer years ago who said you have to capture people with 15 minutes of the game or they wont play. Umm yeah. Kind of feeling that here. Hum dee dum dde dum - toss out my cards - best ones I got - watch the same pattern repeat itself. Give a GG for 5 extra iron. Grind for a pack grind for a pack. CCG games. Uggh - just time or money sinks.

Confirmed. After discovering how to check daily Quests. Win3 matches with X faction, win 3 matches in Ranked. Loss Loss Loss Loss Loss Loss Loss Loss Loss Loss. Wow this is fun. Cant even win a match. Everyone has the best boosts or 400 siege cards. And play the old switcharoo play a gold card boost 2 or some other gimmick card gives 40 points for one card round 3. Even better everyone has, but me, the Leader that does 10 damage to win a different round. Lame. Do myself a favor now and uninstall and play World of Tanks or something else.

Last edited:
I'm tired.

Since I started I have spent roughly around 200 USD on the game and I have had some good times playing it but I think I am reaching that point where it might be time to move along. I have played about 21 matches today, just short of 66 rounds today. During that time I ran into only three decks that were not Dwarves. Two of them were consume and one was an abusing spies deck. Kind of lame. Actually really fkn lame. And you guys have had time to fix this, all the time in the world. But instead you shorten the ladder season so you can pump out more tournaments..? Probably should have made a significant change to balance the play styles before you did that.

Where is the enjoyment factor in the game at right now? I mean what are you offering to me to keep playing other than the Witcher theme?

In game rewards for the money I spend? No, you literally halved that, but you make it really easy for people to play bots, I really hate playing against bots if you wanted to know.

Randomization or balance to keep things interesting.... Not much, 18/21 decks I come across are Dwarves. I mean, really, do something about this. Do it before the precious season ends, you will keep more players than you lose if you cut the throat of this problem soon. Don't tell me this is beta.... I don't expect a finished product here but damn, listen to your player base, use google translate if needed and make some changes that are meaningful. Soon.

And if you lose free players, so what, there's millions more of them lined up ready to try it out.

My MMR is stagnant and that's my own fault because I just don't feel like rolling a Dwarves or consume deck. Once I do that then I am just basically gambling that I have a better draw than the opponent. If I want to gamble my money I'll go to the casino and play poker.

I want to be rewarded with my investment, with entertainment at least. Not this. This is an extremely dissatisfying and borderline miserable experience you are creating.

I have to wonder if balance is basically always going to be like this. Looking back there is usually one really strong faction/deck that dominates the ranks.

The meta directly prior to the Winter update is a great example of the game balance not always being like this. It was diverse and varied, with a wide array of archetypes represented. And then they gutted it, promoted point vomit, and this is the result. With point vomit decks, there really can only ever be one, or at best two. Whoever vomits the best, wins, end of story. And so here we are.

Top Bottom