I don't have the minimum requirements to play cyberpunk 2077

+
The components of my computer are old and I don't know which ones I need to change.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16320MB RAM
Page File: 5414MB used, 13338MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 750 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Display Memory: 10167 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2007 MB
Shared Memory: 8160 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz

Your graphics card is the biggest problem here. RAM is fine and the CPU will probably work with the game, though it is old and only has 4 threads, but the ultimate priority is the graphics card. It just doesn't have enough VRAM.

I was thinking of a gtx 1060.

Yeah the 750Ti will be virtually impossible to run the game. Not enough VRAM on it for one. Those cards capped at 4Gb, this game needs at least a 6Gb card.

Everything seems fine. But where the current Video Card Market is, you could do 1 of 2 things with the amount of money you are about to spend. Either buy a whole new computer prebuilt for budget gaming; or buy which ever graphics card you want. Dont bother trying to buy a GTX 1060Ti, they are just as expensive as an RTX 20 series on the 3rd party markets. I was just looking myself since I am running on a 980Ti right now.

Which ever way you decide, happy gaming and happy new year!

Nah, 1060 won't cut it.

With all its glory this is the red hot grafix card killer game of today. Under barely floating state of the settings it won't be pretty and and I'm sure it'll become an even bigger bug fest, all 2077 of them.

If on a tight budget I'd say maybe look around for a 2nd hand last gen ATI flagship, for example Radeon VII 16GB. Handsome card, decent specs and Not too much of a dent on the wallet to begin with, you might even have some scratches left for a good SSD. I hope you have some idiotic rich friends around , they're most likely the ones who brought the card and willing to sell cheap, because 'oh-it-doesn't-support-ray-trace-and-not-a-3090!'

Just keep in mind this is not the most efficient and optimized game, quite far from it so good luck.

Or just save some money, buy a Xbox series X and be very happy for the next 6 years, it's about equivalent to a decent $1000 PC on high settings, for half the money and runs at 4K UHD. If you sit further from your telly and blink more often,I'd say it's even a passable high-ultra setting. ;-) . Being able to sell and buy 2nd hand disc games is also a huge plus . And with that onboard NVME SSD the load time is blazing fast under 15 seconds.

Last edited:
Apparently they were able to get the game running smoothly on lower end hardware in the pre keanu build, but once keanu was on board he demanded that they add a lot of useless background scripts to tank performance so only high end PCs could run it.

My EVGA gtx 1070 8gb is doing alright with this game with an i7 6700k. Your processor is fine. But GPU needs and upgrade. Game only used 4 to 6 gb of ram(not vram). Vram usage was close to 6 to 7 gb.

Apparently they were able to get the game running smoothly on lower end hardware in the pre keanu build, but once keanu was on board he demanded that they add a lot of useless background scripts to tank performance so only high end PCs could run it.

I wouldnt really put blame on Keanu, as he was more than likely giving input on HIS characters features. The after-issue would then be integrating the new added features to what has already been developed and scripted. He has been involved with some of the last 1/3 of the development so there is room for error.

I wouldnt really put blame on Keanu, as he was more than likely giving input on HIS characters features. The after-issue would then be integrating the new added features to what has already been developed and scripted. He has been involved with some of the last 1/3 of the development so there is room for error.

Nah this issue isnt with Keanu at all. It was that the 2018 footage showed a different game and their marketing made the game seem better or different than it really was. Keanu was brought to the end of the development and it had a massive effect, but it may not of been his decision of joining the game first. It was probably a CDPR exec who wanted him on and had the devs make them do a 180 from what we saw in 2018.

I'm using a 1070 and can get 55 fps on high, 40-45 fps on Ultra, which is tolerable. That 8 gb vram makes a difference, I think. SSD is also highly recommended.
Post automatically merged:

Nah, 1060 won't cut it.

With all its glory this is the red hot grafix card killer game of today. Under barely floating state of the settings it won't be pretty and and I'm sure it'll become an even bigger bug fest, all 2077 of them.

If on a tight budget I'd say maybe look around for a 2nd hand last gen ATI flagship, for example Radeon VII 16GB. Handsome card, decent specs and Not too much of a dent on the wallet to begin with, you might even have some scratches left for a good SSD. I hope you have some idiotic rich friends around , they're most likely the ones who brought the card and willing to sell cheap, because 'oh-it-doesn't-support-ray-trace-and-not-a-3090!'

Just keep in mind this is not the most efficient and optimized game, quite far from it so good luck.

Or just save some money, buy a Xbox series X and be very happy for the next 6 years, it's about equivalent to a decent $1000 PC on high settings, for half the money and runs at 4K UHD. If you sit further from your telly and blink more often,I'd say it's even a passable high-ultra setting. ;-) . Being able to sell and buy 2nd hand disc games is also a huge plus . And with that onboard NVME SSD the load time is blazing fast under 15 seconds.

I think the game plays nicer with Nvidia cards. The game would run fine on a 1060 on low or medium settings. I have a 1070 and get decent frame rate on ultra.

Nah this issue isnt with Keanu at all. It was that the 2018 footage showed a different game and their marketing made the game seem better or different than it really was. Keanu was brought to the end of the development and it had a massive effect, but it may not of been his decision of joining the game first. It was probably a CDPR exec who wanted him on and had the devs make them do a 180 from what we saw in 2018.

Before we continue going off topic and that mod comes in... Keanu actually wanted in. He LOVES SciFi - Cyberpunk/Futuristic stuff (i.e. Johnny Mnemonic & Matrix). There is even direct references for those and more. Yes the pre-footage does look different. That was essentially a closed developer tech demo, you have to expect that. In the last 15 years, I havent seen a single AAA/AA game release with the same content feel as their Developer Demos. What we all should be doing is taking those demos as tools showing off different capabilities of what the game can do under the right environments as well as viewing each aspect individually. i.e. Lighting looks in a specific environment, bullet tracers look great in the dark, reflections looking great... etc. Not everything at once in the same picture. So what im saying is, you get hyped over a movie trailer, but youve been burned before, so the best thing to do is going with positive but closer to on the fence expectations that way you have a greater chance of coming out on top enjoying it even more.

This makes it easier to understand, appreciate and respect games and their developers even more.

It worries me that people are taking my posts about Keanu seriously

Well you brought it up. Whether you were serious or not, it was still worth the conversational piece and has merit to the affected performance.

No it doesn't? How does Keanu's involvement in the game effect performance? The Joke was that everyone seems to think there is some mythical build of the game that was perfect until Keanu's involvement and all of the bad things in this game are a result of Keanu, I really don't see how getting Keanu to voice one of the games NPCs has any effect on performance in the game?

Unless this is like an elaborate counter troll? In which case you got me mun, boy is my face red!

No it doesn't? How does Keanu's involvement in the game effect performance? The Joke was that everyone seems to think there is some mythical build of the game that was perfect until Keanu's involvement and all of the bad things in this game are a result of Keanu, I really don't see how getting Keanu to voice one of the games NPCs has any effect on performance in the game?

Unless this is like an elaborate counter troll? In which case you got me mun, boy is my face red!

And im saying there is the possibility of a variable that could have changed it. It is possible whether you wish to have joked or not. 1 wrong random code or simple decimal point can change everything. Look at Aliens Colonial Marines, THat game flopped because of a grammar error in the main INI file messed up the A.I. for the aliens.

Those cards capped at 4Gb, this game needs at least a 6Gb card.

Untrue. Before my 3090 arrived, I was playing with a pair of GTX 950's in SLI, and they're only 2Gb each. 4Gb was definitely enough to run the game on, albeit at low/medium settings.

Minimum specs for the game, as published by CDPR, is 3Gb. The amount of RAM on the card isn't the issue here, it's the card itself. It's not a supported card. Min specs call for a 780.

Untrue. Before my 3090 arrived, I was playing with a pair of GTX 950's in SLI, and they're only 2Gb each. 4Gb was definitely enough to run the game on, albeit at low/medium settings.

Minimum specs for the game, as published by CDPR, is 3Gb. The amount of RAM on the card isn't the issue here, it's the card itself. It's not a supported card. Min specs call for a 780.

Aftermarket 950's... only the after markets were 2Gb. Yeah, a low end graphics card can have potential to run a top end game. I got lucky with my EVGA 660Ti FTW SC 3Gb cards. I ran Doom 2016 one of those cards on full Nightmare Graphics setting. Ultra Nightmare graphics would NOT launch because it required a minimum of 6Gb VRAM gfx card. It straight locked you out with a notification. My card wasnt supposed to run Doom 2016 at those settings but it did at a full 60+ fps with no frame drops.

However some of these aftermarket budget cards like the 950 as it wasnt marketed in the primary line initially, they are not meant to be running top end games.

Also SLi hasnt been supported fully by really any games in a laughable 5-7 years at least. On every major release there hasnt been the NVidia symbol for SLi Supported in that time. Its pretty much become a gimmick as most developers dont want to do the extra programming to designate split resources between more than 3 units (CPU/APU, RAM, VRAM #1). SLi has been known to actually cause performance issue when enabled on most games that havent had the proper support. i.e. Skyrim will have CTD's, massive frame drops, or simply wont run. However simply having a second graphics card is not a bad thing when you set the 2nd one to run Physx specifically then it will properly support your slot 1 GPU.

But alas, you got your 3090 now, so i hope its running smoother than the reports ive been hearing. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I was thinking of a gtx 1060.

1060 on avg net 35FPS per Tom's Hadware testing for Cyberpunk. if you want Med and nearly 60FPS, you'll need at min a 1660 Super according to their testing. Game is very taxing in it's current state. Even my RTX 3080 encounters bad FPS drops.

I'm using a 1070 and can get 55 fps on high, 40-45 fps on Ultra, which is tolerable. That 8 gb vram makes a difference, I think. SSD is also highly recommended.
Post automatically merged:

I think the game plays nicer with Nvidia cards. The game would run fine on a 1060 on low or medium settings. I have a 1070 and get decent frame rate on ultra.

Per Tom's 35 FPS on Med for a GTX 1060 @ 1080p. Ok if you are expecting console performance on a PC.

You need to change the graphics card. In this you have 2 options: buy a GTX 1080 (with the expectation that in the future the RTX will be cheaper) or go for the RTX. Compare prices and decide what interests you.

Personally, I am not a big fan of buying last generation technologies, they are usually quite expensive in relation to quality and price.

Top Bottom