I don't like Panam Palmer

+
LOL...going to jump on the band wagon again, I am there now, have to go and meet her the first time. I detest this gal! I'm going to go through this part as fast as I can and keep it strictly business and I'm outa there. I will try (as I have many times before) to help the clan, but not for Panam. I much prefer Judy, level headed, not overly emotional, and has the 'let's get it done' atitude. I wish they would have done more with her character.

LOL...going to jump on the band wagon again, I am there now, have to go and meet her the first time. I detest this gal! I'm going to go through this part as fast as I can and keep it strictly business and I'm outa there. I will try (as I have many times before) to help the clan, but not for Panam. I much prefer Judy, level headed, not overly emotional, and has the 'let's get it done' atitude. I wish they would have done more with her character.
I mean I get why people dislike Panam, they're wrong, but I get it, but Judy, level headed? I also like Judy's character and I understand why she is the way she is, but one thing she is not is level headed. She gets emotional and angry about everything all the time. She cobbles together a coup on clouds out of anger without any regard for the consequences. Half of her ending calls are her crying saying she can't handle life anymore. Judy is just as emotional and impulsive as Panam, but the only difference is Panam attempts to do things herself whereas Judy can't fight so she relies on V to do pretty much everything.

I mean I get why people dislike Panam, they're wrong, but I get it, but Judy, level headed? I also like Judy's character and I understand why she is the way she is, but one thing she is not is level headed. She gets emotional and angry about everything all the time. She cobbles together a coup on clouds out of anger without any regard for the consequences. Half of her ending calls are her crying saying she can't handle life anymore. Judy is just as emotional and impulsive as Panam, but the only difference is Panam attempts to do things herself whereas Judy can't fight so she relies on V to do pretty much everything.
Yeah, can't agree more :cool:

Also now that I think of it, some people here say they don't like Panam because she is selfish and impulsive, but she literally pulls off a complex suicide mission to save your life without a second thought. Boy I wish I had a friend/lover that was so selfish and impulsive.

Perhaps a wrong choice of words on my part, but still, I like Judy far more then Panam. :shrug:

Also now that I think of it, some people here say they don't like Panam because she is selfish and impulsive, but she literally pulls off a complex suicide mission to save your life without a second thought. Boy I wish I had a friend/lover that was so selfish and impulsive.

I mean, Panam will gladly do ridiculous murder missions for you but will dump you over not leaving Night City or working with corporations.

She's...unstable.

I mean I get why people dislike Panam, they're wrong, but I get it, but Judy, level headed? I also like Judy's character and I understand why she is the way she is, but one thing she is not is level headed.
I think the difference is, Judy is emotional for a reason, her best friend died. Before that she seemed quite light hearted. Panam is emotional because she's a spoilt narcissistic brat who can't handle anyone saying no to her.

I mean, Panam will gladly do ridiculous murder missions for you but will dump you over not leaving Night City or working with corporations.
I guess you speak about two endings, well just my opinion :
1 - Panam and Aldecaldos have to leave Night City no matter what (cause Militech). So she definitely can't stay at Night City with V (for Nomads, family first^^). Then above all, can't stay to see V pursuing his dream to be a legend (the same as Judy in fact^^).
2 - Nomads hate corporations. I mean even Misty look pretty "stunned" at V when Goro arrive (saying something like "what!! But they kill Jackie!!"). Panam say several times during the whole game that she hate corporation, they're evil... so no wonder she dump V.

I think the difference is, Judy is emotional for a reason, her best friend died. Before that she seemed quite light hearted. Panam is emotional because she's a spoilt narcissistic brat who can't handle anyone saying no to her.
THIS, I wish I would have said it like this, I had the impression many times when you said 'no', she was not only mad, but pouting.

Now, in fairness, I did help Panam rescue Saul even though she did very little (Riders of the Storm). One of the last side jobs, 'With a Little Help from My Friends', I did not turn Panam in to Saul and tell him her plans. As one who spent much of their youth growing up on the 'Rez', I have a good understanding of clan or tribal life, and this just went against my nature, Panam or not. After, I left and didn't have anything more to do with her.

So had no problem helping the clan, I wasn't helping Panam if I could help it.

Panam - Strong headed but tries to think things through. *proceeds to come up with a decent plan to save Saul, stays on her sniper to help you* *Comes up with a decent plan at the end to help you*
Judy - Plans? What Plans? *proceeds to get her friends killed, and make a mess at clouds* *absolutely no F's given about your issues, too self-absorbed*.
Panam - I didn't act on it, because I wanted to be sure we fit together.
Judy - MY REBOUND LUV!
Panam - Sticks with you through thick and thin, you stay the rest of you days with her.
Judy - Doesn't help one single bit with your problem. LEAVES YOU if you decide to stay in NC.
Panam - Ima get this sh*t done and save your ass too!
Judy - Woe is me. Good luck, I'll be here, waving pompoms from my apt.

Yeah... I know who I stick with, and it's not Judy. (much thanks for mods to be able to romance Panam as female).

Also, good to know me and my wife are constantly disrespecting each other for the past 14 years, by putting our legs on top of each other. WTF even... disrespect... ROFL.

Panam - Strong headed but tries to think things through. *proceeds to come up with a decent plan to save Saul, stays on her sniper to help you* *Comes up with a decent plan at the end to help you*
Judy - Plans? What Plans? *proceeds to get her friends killed, and make a mess at clouds* *absolutely no F's given about your issues, too self-absorbed*.
Panam - I didn't act on it, because I wanted to be sure we fit together.
Judy - MY REBOUND LUV!
Panam - Sticks with you through thick and thin, you stay the rest of you days with her.
Judy - Doesn't help one single bit with your problem. LEAVES YOU if you decide to stay in NC.
Panam - Ima get this sh*t done and save your ass too!
Judy - Woe is me. Good luck, I'll be here, waving pompoms from my apt.

Yeah... I know who I stick with, and it's not Judy. (much thanks for mods to be able to romance Panam as female).

Also, good to know me and my wife are constantly disrespecting each other for the past 14 years, by putting our legs on top of each other. WTF even... disrespect... ROFL.
It doesn't matter what they do, it's who they are. Honestly, didn't like either of them as potential partners, both have issues. Panam is surrounded by people who never told her no as a kid, Judy is part of a gang that'll happily murder you if you disrespect them. Makes sense they'd both grow up a bit broken.

I think the most down to earth for a partner is River, didn't seem to have issues and looks after his family. That's my nomads hook up for this playthrough.

Panam is a flawed character, written perfectly. She made mistakes in the past, continues to make mistakes and will make more in the future. She provides a good contrast to V who ( through your actions) can make the RIGHT decisions. I enjoyed her arc almost more than Judy who I chose to romance.

Top Bottom