I don't like Panam Palmer

+
Replied to comments
Maybe I can give you some alternative perspective on some things. See below

Well where I come from, using someone as furniture and putting their feet up on you is a sign of disrespect not friendship, or playfulness.
I played as female V and because of how fast this scene happens from when you can meet Panam (in her continuation) I went with the playfullness followup where its played out jokingly. The mood during this scene for (as it seems) both a fem V aswell as a male V are pretty much the same, there's prospect for becoming close and comfortable with eachothers feelings, and feel secure in eachothers company. But not yet to the point where its about love. I can understand how it may seem fast, however. I also forgot to mention: Try looking at it in this way: Panam wants to signal you that she may have more interest for you (granted, some inconsistency with a fem V.)

Powering the lights and heat on the old farm my be just gameplay, but it also shows just how she treats people.
A tool to be used and manipulate. From a narrative point of view its about survival, either V or Panam coud've done it from that perspective, but becasue this is a game, you're the one to do it, so the gameplay element supersedes the narrative of the setting, not so much Panam's force and guided behavior because of that. She could just as easily have said for you to go sit on the cough and keep an eye on Saul, while she goes out there. Again, its narrative versus gameplay.

The clan would still be having problems with or without selling out to corporations.
To me they are a bunch of people who cannot deal with living in night city for whatever reasons. You have to be pretty desperate to live out in the desert the way they do.
Sorry to say but this is quite judgemental and narrowminded if I have to be honest. Many people choose not to live in the city, reason not limited to 'cant handle it' Your view on this perspective is quite shallow if you see it in blacks/whites like that. Becasue for the same reason you could also ask right now in real life why some people live in a ranch miles away from a big city, or why we have small villages and bigger towns and cities. People, even in CP77 simply still are different all between them and so are their ways of life. Nomads choose to be (ideally) self sufficient out of the corpo's reach, all except the Aldecaldos however have sold out to corpo's in the end, and so the Aldecaldos' world shrinks rapidly by the enclosing enemy forces of corpo's and Nomad raiders.

Panam is not the same as V. Panam does not have someone living in her head trying to take her over, and the possibility of dying. V's actions are because of desperation. Unlike Panam who just wants to get her way, or she'll throw another temper tantrum.
Just a quick question for you here: What do you hink happens if the Aldecaldos are completely assimilated or exterminated by corpo's or other nomads allied to corpo's. Panam has become a loner like V, with exception of not yet having left her clan, nor does the clan want to expell her. So she and the clan are still linked and thus dependend on each other. If Panam does something stupid to enemies, the clan will feel that wrath, same as when the Aldecaldos do so, Panam will suffer equally becasue she also still is one. So her desperate nature comes in the form that she sees the Aldecaldos, her family, slowly being choked by the world around them. While its not as imminent as V, the end result would be the same: being 'deleted'.
Also, for as much as youthink Panam act in her own interest: she agrees to aid you in assaulting Arasaka tower becasue you are also family by that point. And a Nomad rule is that family comes first, so she (and all other Aldecaldos) jump in specifically for you.

Post automatically merged:

Anybody tries to put there feet on me, regardless of intent, that isn't in one and only one category and thats significant other will be finding themselves dusting there arse of the floor :p

It's a video game though an the options there to go "OI NOOO FEET, MOVE EM' so no big deal

If you have a problem with Panam and apparently not thinking of consequences or only of herself then you must have a problem with Judy's super idiotic, revengefull, not thinking shit stained plan to take over clouds then eh?? Or just her character in general especially if your just no picking dialogue options to get in her pants
I was wondering this also to be frank

Last edited:
I did one post on why I did not like Jackie Welles and it went better than I expected.
No one wanted to shoot me!

So I thought I would do the same kind of post on everyone's favorite girl Panam Palmer.
So if you guys can stop thinking about her backside, and think about her personality this should go well.

I find that she is just another Jackie Welles in several of the same ways that I did not like him.
Loud, obnoxious, overbearing, and only thinks of herself, and is willing to do what ever it takes to get what she wants.
She goes on about how she loves her clan but at the same time is willing to put them at risk for her own needs.

She is a ex-nomad for those very reasons, she wanted to do everything her way, and she found out the hard way that it was the family's leader, Saul, who was ultimately in charge and the rest of the clan followed him.
So she had had a temper tantrum and left for night city where she thought she could make it on her own, but found out again the hard way, that she was not in charge.
Her attitude about Rogue parallels her attitude about the family's leader Saul. She doesn't like to be told what to do, and she thinks she is always right and deserves instant respect even without earning it.

She does not want to help you and is only doing it because she realizes that she would be burning down another bridge with Rogue and would then have nowhere to go.
And she forces you to help her, get her truck and supplies back before she will help you.

She wants to be the boss no matter what, look at the way she has you, going around turning on the lights and a heat, without lifting a finger to help.
She even puts her feet on you like your furniture, and she knows you will do it, because you're too busy thinking about getting between her leg's.

I just do not like people like this, you cannot trust them, they would sell you out in a second, to get whatever they want for themselves.

Yes she has a lovely backside but her personality is ugly.
sorry you feel that way

I like her character, but agree that I don't find her an attractive romance option. Just too extroverted and hyper-reactive for my personality. And the tank scene at the end of the romance quest comes across as entirely physical and devoid of an emotional connection.

But not going anti-Panam here...to each their own!:)

the first time I saw Panam, she annoyed me so much, her authority is just boring. I called her {nice ass, big mouth}. luckily she is straight, I only play female Vs. Live love with Panam? this is madness.

then, looking back on myself, Panam annoyed me because Panam looks too much like me in her nature.
I was in bad faith, I admit.

the mirror effect don't forgive.

Rudo_

Forum regular
I did one post on why I did not like Jackie Welles and it went better than I expected.

So I thought I would do the same kind of post on everyone's favorite girl Panam Palmer.
So if you guys can stop thinking about her backside, and think about her personality this should go well.

I find that she is just another Jackie Welles in several of the same ways that I did not like him.
Loud, obnoxious, overbearing, and only thinks of herself, and is willing to do what ever it takes to get what she wants.
She goes on about how she loves her clan but at the same time is willing to put them at risk for her own needs.

She is a ex-nomad for those very reasons, she wanted to do everything her way, and she found out the hard way that it was the family's leader, Saul, who was ultimately in charge and the rest of the clan followed him.
So she had had a temper tantrum and left for night city where she thought she could make it on her own, but found out again the hard way, that she was not in charge.
Her attitude about Rogue parallels her attitude about the family's leader Saul. She doesn't like to be told what to do, and she thinks she is always right and deserves instant respect even without earning it.

She does not want to help you and is only doing it because she realizes that she would be burning down another bridge with Rogue and would then have nowhere to go.
And she forces you to help her, get her truck and supplies back before she will help you.

She wants to be the boss no matter what, look at the way she has you, going around turning on the lights and a heat, without lifting a finger to help.
She even puts her feet on you like your furniture, and she knows you will do it, because you're too busy thinking about getting between her leg's.

I just do not like people like this, you cannot trust them, they would sell you out in a second, to get whatever they want for themselves.

Sir, you don't leave me any other option but challenging you to a duel.

I hate panam and her missions, they're mostly just drive somewhere while listen to her talking or follow her walking slowpace

Personally when I first started playing the game, I didn't take to her well at all. After a few more play-throughs though, she kinda grew on me. (Haven't played a male V yet. That will be my next endeavor.)

ANYway, the foot thing didn't bother me in the least. Hell me and my best friends used to do shit like that all the time. There is trust and a deep friendship. A true familiarity I think everyone needs at least once in their lives. ;) She and her clan are behind V 100% when it counts and to me, that is the epitome of friendship. They KNEW they could lose people on that fated mission and helped anyway. I didn't mind doing things at the farm to get electricity and heat. As someone stated, it is just gameplay. *shrug* Even with all her mistakes from diving in head first and not entirely thinking things through now seem normal to me. She knows what she wants and goes for it. I just felt bad that she actually would drag people into danger that she cared a lot about.

I posted in the jackie thread saying we need a brave one saying i dont like panam. There he is! Agreed, if not for the transformers megan fox bait scene and her looks in general less people would have cared about her. I mean look at the posts or memes about her on forums, reddit whatever. Yes, saul is a way better leader then her, she is loud, brash, annoying. This is not the vikings, these are nomads they are not a bunch of rednecks quite the opposite, they need a pragmatic leader. Thats what Saul is, he is also way more interesting then panam.

If you want that badass strong female why do they need be super brash and annoying, it seems to become very tropey these last years. Look at Rogue she is exactly that minus the simping for Johnny. Holy hell girl, that dude is dead for 50 years let him go lol. Composed, collected, intelligent that is good leader not this child shouting around. Again if not for the transformers bait scene less people would have cared. She has a nasty attitude and is an okay character but no one to lead. I do realise a big game like this needs all kinds of characters.

OP, you are strong and wise, and I am very proud of you.

I posted in the jackie thread saying we need a brave one saying i dont like panam. There he is! Agreed, if not for the transformers megan fox bait scene and her looks in general less people would have cared about her. I mean look at the posts or memes about her on forums, reddit whatever. Yes, saul is a way better leader then her, she is loud, brash, annoying. This is not the vikings, these are nomads they are not a bunch of rednecks quite the opposite, they need a pragmatic leader. Thats what Saul is, he is also way more interesting then panam.

If you want that badass strong female why do they need be super brash and annoying, it seems to become very tropey these last years. Look at Rogue she is exactly that minus the simping for Johnny. Holy hell girl, that dude is dead for 50 years let him go lol. Composed, collected, intelligent that is good leader not this child shouting around. Again if not for the transformers bait scene less people would have cared. She has a nasty attitude and is an okay character but no one to lead. I do realise a big game like this needs all kinds of characters.

OP, you are strong and wise, and I am very proud of you.

panam is supposed to be the type of character you describe, thats her character, maybe she will grow. But its weird you expect her to be as wise as a 80 year old who essentially is the biggest fixer in the town. When she is a 20-30 year old who only just started to realize what her life goals are.

She is a smart, capable charismatic individual, whose anger, emotion and impulse control almost ruined her life and took her away from the thing she finds the most important. If she can learn to balance her strengths, she will make a good leader, if she fails, she will eventually ruin her family. Thats basically her whole plotline, if she was perfect, she would have no character arc, and no reason to hang out with another problematic charachter like V.

I would say it has its good and bad sides.

Just like Judy for example, who also has flaws that make some people hardly like her either.

panam is supposed to be the type of character you describe, thats her character, maybe she will grow. But its weird you expect her to be as wise as a 80 year old who essentially is the biggest fixer in the town. When she is a 20-30 year old who only just started to realize what her life goals are.

She is a smart, capable charismatic individual, whose anger, emotion and impulse control almost ruined her life and took her away from the thing she finds the most important. If she can learn to balance her strengths, she will make a good leader, if she fails, she will eventually ruin her family. Thats basically her whole plotline, if she was perfect, she would have no character arc, and no reason to hang out with another problematic charachter like V.
There is another level here. If she would be "perfect" that would undermine Johnny/Rogue ending. Male V and Panam works because they aren't perfect.

She is unlikeable from the minute you meet her ingame. When she was nagging at me who hasn't done anything to her other than wanting to help her I turned around and left her alone. Unfortunately she is part of the main mission so, yeah... when I read that her gigs are pretty popular I did them in hopes my opinion would change. LOL. That girl couldn't take a hint at all, two times I turned around and just wanted to sleep, the third time in that tower I chose the very desinterested dialogue options. I hoped that would be enough but apparently not because she suddenly started to pant in my ear in that Basilisk lmao that was so awkward... again I turned her down but even then she wrote me a message afterwards which I could only reply in a flirting tone. To top it all off her "aunt" was writing me I should take good care of her.... haha what???? I have no clue if my game was bugged and normally she leaves you alone but that woman freaked me out.

Panam is not the same as V. Panam does not have someone living in her head trying to take her over, and the possibility of dying. V's actions are because of desperation. Unlike Panam who just wants to get her way, or she'll throw another temper tantrum.

Eh, V's "desperation" looks exactly like what he was doing before he put the chip in his head. It's actually the reason he ended up with a chip in his head to begin with. "THE BIG LEAGUES JACKIE!"

Hmm, don't really get where the OP is coming from.

Although I do have one criticism about Panam, which was that I sorta got a middle-class-american-sitcom-disney-adventure vibe from her. Not like, say, Judy, where I totally bought that she had grit and grew up in NC.

That being said, I still thought she was likeable regardless. Just not as realistic I guess? Definitely grew on me though.

Last edited:
Hmm, don't really get where the OP is coming from.

Although I do have one criticism about Panam, which was that I sort of got a middle-class-american-sitcom-disney-adventure vibe from her. Not like, say, Judy, where I totally bought that she had grit and grew up in NC.

That being said, I still thought she was likeable regardless. Just not as, I dunno, realistic I guess? Definitely grew on me though.

I think the voice actress tried, but she didnt really make the character feel real to the world, She was capable, but she comes of as a normal (to us)person placed in another world. Her voice and style was too silky smooth and practiced. She could have easily been a corpo. Panam is supposed to be from a tribe that exists outside of society. Also I don't think she has charismatic anger, when she gets angry it pushes you away, instead of like when Judy is angry its almost entertaining.

Mostly I just think V and Judy did such a good job, its hard to compete. Panam VA is still way better than a lot of other VA work, but it doesn't put you right there like some of the others.

But maybe its the writers that should have written her with more of an accent/persona/dialect.

The only problem I have with Panam is how obviously favored she is in terms of content and story relevance. Reminds me a lot of Liara from Mass Effect trilogy, but that's not really the character's fault.

She is a main character. I'd say the main characters are V, Johnny, panam, Judy. You only get so many MC in a story usually.

Top Bottom