I don't like Panam Palmer

+
So I thought I would do the same kind of post on everyone's favorite girl Panam Palmer.
I wouldn't say "everyone's" ;) I think there are some people who didn't find her personality particualrly charming, nor her physical attractiveness captivating ;) Me included. Preferred Judy.
Also, really liked Rogue overall as an interesting female character with a potential for her own story dlc.

Last edited:
I don't like that she feels kinda forced on us as a romance. The chemistry is really laid out there with us always having a sort of flirty option with her, she gets the arguably best ending in the whole game with us, and the fact that CDPR devs already say she's kinda the canon romance partners- just like the Nomad is considered the canon Life Path -it just really smacks of putting all the care one way and not distributing it around in our other potential options enough.

I don't like that she feels kinda forced on us as a romance. The chemistry is really laid out there with us always having a sort of flirty option with her, she gets the arguably best ending in the whole game with us, and the fact that CDPR devs already say she's kinda the canon romance partners- just like the Nomad is considered the canon Life Path -it just really smacks of putting all the care one way and not distributing it around in our other potential options enough.
I remember one polish interview with the team's lead, Adam Badowski. When asked about his favourite character, he pointed to Panam without much hesitation. I don't think it extremely impossible that some people responsible for making decisions about story characters just grew fond of Panam in particular and made her a focus of huge chunks of the story, as well as the most "shining" romance partner.
Just my blind guessing though, I might still be horribly wrong...

Most of the negative aspects people associate with Panam can basically be associated to Judy but to an even worse degree.

I forgot about telling Saul, I did try that once but it wasn't a game play choice that my character would choose. You may get a car but at the cost of the gunshop and ripper besides that is Aldecaldos business, not sometime a merc would get involved with (imo)

btw you can play the train ambush mission by standing back and not firing a shot (except for the coupler). Would have been nice if they could have done the mission themselves and sent texts "we got new toys" and you could hire the clans for the end mission. The Aldecaldos would still go for the loot they need plus a bunch of shiny creds.

btw you can play the train ambush mission by standing back and not firing a shot (except for the coupler).
That's just like so many encounters in this game. You can still survive the opening chase sequence with the Scavs without firing one bullet, I'm sure the races are still totally fake like they were before too. I did DIE during the Takemura chase scene with the Arasaka ninjas on motorcycles, and that surprised me. I'm sure you can't actually progress the end of the Heist without shooting down the drones yourself too. But the thing is, these sequences are HEAVILY scripted with very little input from us. They get really annoying to play through too, so I kinda which CDPR would just remove them, they add nothing. Until we get the ability to just shoot out of our cars like in GTA, and get gangs and police chasing us in cars, I'm not gonna care about sequences like this, because it's all smoke and mirrors by the devs.

She's very insecure - which tends to either make people very shy, or overbearing (at least in my experience).
I suspect she's gotten her own way too often - it's become an expectation and she feels entitled. Fortunately not enough to also expect everyone to do all the work for her. She just expects everyone to agree with her and gets obnoxious when they don't.

Her first interaction is I think very understandable - she just got screwed over by Nash, and it was Rogue who set that in motion by not telling Panam who Nash really was. So yeah, she's pissed at Rogue for setting her up, herself for getting duped, and the car for not working. Then you show up having been sent by Rogue - I'd be suspicious and angry too.

As for Jackie - I don't care for the confrontational attitude they wrote for V in the Hiest. Starting from the time they get into the limo until they make it back, V seems to be blaming Jackie for being Jackie. That's something they'd have worked out a long time ago if it were a problem.

For me, none of the "companions" were people I'd actually hang out with. I could definitely hang out with Vic.

I did one post on why I did not like Jackie Welles and it went better than I expected.
No one wanted to shoot me!

So I thought I would do the same kind of post on everyone's favorite girl Panam Palmer.
So if you guys can stop thinking about her backside, and think about her personality this should go well.

I find that she is just another Jackie Welles in several of the same ways that I did not like him.
Loud, obnoxious, overbearing, and only thinks of herself, and is willing to do what ever it takes to get what she wants.
She goes on about how she loves her clan but at the same time is willing to put them at risk for her own needs.

She is a ex-nomad for those very reasons, she wanted to do everything her way, and she found out the hard way that it was the family's leader, Saul, who was ultimately in charge and the rest of the clan followed him.
So she had had a temper tantrum and left for night city where she thought she could make it on her own, but found out again the hard way, that she was not in charge.
Her attitude about Rogue parallels her attitude about the family's leader Saul. She doesn't like to be told what to do, and she thinks she is always right and deserves instant respect even without earning it.

She does not want to help you and is only doing it because she realizes that she would be burning down another bridge with Rogue and would then have nowhere to go.
And she forces you to help her, get her truck and supplies back before she will help you.

She wants to be the boss no matter what, look at the way she has you, going around turning on the lights and a heat, without lifting a finger to help.
She even puts her feet on you like your furniture, and she knows you will do it, because you're too busy thinking about getting between her leg's.

I just do not like people like this, you cannot trust them, they would sell you out in a second, to get whatever they want for themselves.

Yes she has a lovely backside but her personality is ugly.
Cyberpunk Choom Quest Failed! Phair Flatlines....haha! just kidding man!

just like in real life, most people aren't likeable and are mostly self interested. the amount of truly honorable characters in this game can be counted on one hand, which is great. i'm really tired of games where everyone's a damn white knight beyond reproach

She is, err, operatic. I don't have a high tolerance for people as tempestuous as her, but in small doses she has her qualities.

(I'm gay so her bum didn't do much for me except that I thought she might reconsider her underwear choices. But then, the whole Nomad style of dress makes me wonder if they didn't evolve from a lost tribe of Vegas strippers.)

Last edited:
Oh I would totally fall for Panam in real life (but then I tend to have a bit of a 'knight in shining armour' schtick). Her rear-view IS indeed mighty fine, but so is the rest of her looks.

Personality-wise I don't find her particularly 'needy', and given the situations the game sets up I think her reactions are fairly understandable.

In terms of the romance itself, If anything I think in REAL life you'd expect her to play things MORE reservedly / be a 'slower burn', and I'd be OK with that. It feels a bit 'too fast' even though she plays a bit 'hard to get' at first in game terms, but I get it's a game and we don't have 'real life timeframes' to pursue it

Judy is annoying as hell and massively over-rated. Panam is 'preem' :-D

Last edited:
She's no Yen/Triss/insert hot and wholesome witcher romance here, but she's the only straight girl available so...

I like Panam
But i spend a lot of time doing "missions" with this one

Attachments

• 82893bf7-311b-4b9a-b3c2-5b7d7f8b9792.png
    82893bf7-311b-4b9a-b3c2-5b7d7f8b9792.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 51
I cant stand the bitch

She takes out her frustration on V in start for losing her Car and argument with Rogue.
Then after V helps her she wants to go on some insane vengance thing which I reluctantly agreed to after some yelling.
She skids in throws V in the line of fire and stands behind the car shooting the door yelling 24/7.

Then she has almost only choomy chom things to say for some reason, And even tells V she/he is too much sometimes.
Even though they literally met like 5 mins ago.

I rejected her calls after that.

Top Bottom