I don't like the City

+
I like the aesthetic. The problem is functionality. The more I roam around in it, the more I realize it was primarily meant to be a multiplayer playground. It just doesn't support the single player design. It's not interesting to explore or interact with.

This is one of the gripes i have with the gaming community many people lie to themselves when they fail to mention that many of Cyberpunks issues are problems that have been leaked from the witcher 3
-False advertising
-Awful NPCs/AI
-RPG and choices
-A shallow Open World that lacks interactivity

i love the witcher 3 and i still currently prefer it over Cyberpunk but once you start comparing both games the flaws that Cyberpunk has will start to make more sense ,lets face it the witcher 3 was not criticized enough and its very far from the perfect game that the internet makes it out to be
Not critizied enough for serious competition. When it came out the it was against Dragon Age Inquisition, and Witcher 3 were clearly superior IMHO.

Night City is a beautiful confection and I congratulate the designers for executing a grand vision. It's a pleasure to disregard the 'game' part of the game, ignore missions, and just wander about the place gawping at the sights and taking photos. I'm not a fan of the accelerated time nonsense, either - I mean literally watching shadows move as the sun passes overhead - it's a real turn-off for me. I would have much preferred real-time. To me, accelerated time breaks the immersion.

Overall, Night City (and some of the character art) is a magnificent canvas - it's just a shame that the painting CDPR chose to put on it (the missions themselves) was so risible and boring. Ah well. Always something, eh?

I like the aesthetic. The problem is functionality. The more I roam around in it, the more I realize it was primarily meant to be a multiplayer playground. It just doesn't support the single player design. It's not interesting to explore or interact with.

You can't interact with it, that's the main problem. With few exceptions, unless you're doing a mission or a gig there is literally nothing there but wallpaper.

Idk I loved the city design it has really great variety ...rich corp area... Slums...desert area... Dangerous areas honstly it's satisfying :)

This is one of the gripes i have with the gaming community many people lie to themselves when they fail to mention that many of Cyberpunks issues are problems that have been leaked from the witcher 3
-False advertising
-Awful NPCs/AI
-RPG and choices
-A shallow Open World that lacks interactivity

i love the witcher 3 and i still currently prefer it over Cyberpunk but once you start comparing both games the flaws that Cyberpunk has will start to make more sense ,lets face it the witcher 3 was not criticized enough and its very far from the perfect game that the internet makes it out to be
The NPCs wasn't clever in W3, but they reacted to Geralt sometimes. Cats hissed at him, children asked him why he had so funny eyes, I think. This and the quests amplify his character as a witcher = outlaw in the society.
For 2015 it wasn't gold, but okay.

So, V is a mercenary in 2020, and... hm. He/she could be a soccer-mom, wouldn't make a difference. Not okay.

if you dont like Night City being too bright, just skip 12 hours and play during nights... sleep during days.... :)

IF they had made it look like Blade Runner then about half the people would be moaning that they ripped off Blade Runner.

Game devs cant win these days, what ever they do, good or bad, someone finds something to complain about...even me...complaining about complainers

Something i can finally agrre upon, world tone, needs more rain, dark, mist/fog an less sunshine, 100% agree

Blah-blah-blah? Who cares about looking like another game? Go play that game and stop Whinning?
Its about the game play and story. If you can't see that well then, maybe you need to get over your obsession with
Blade-runner and realize cyber-punk isn't blade runner and never will be.

Regarding the weather? California is a semi-desert area and the weather is just that?

There really is very little variance in weather.

Is it true that game actually has acid rain, by the way?? I've seen some footage of it existing, but never once saw it during my playthrough.

There really is very little variance in weather.

Is it true that game actually has acid rain, by the way?? I've seen some footage of it existing, but never once saw it during my playthrough.

i have seen sky being yellowish with rain, i think it was supposed to be "acid rain", but it was normal day with normal rain.
acid.jpg

I think this whole thread is just spiteful, the game is set only 5o years into the future... and yes there is some issues with the game but the visuals of the city is not one of the issues imo, I think each area genuinely is distinct from each other and honestly some of the best graphics I have ever seen in a video game!

Seems to me you are not familiar with the setting visual at all... Cyberpunk 2020 had those blade runner esque visuals. Cyberpunk Red is the same. So well.. You know maybe the OP is right.

i think they have to tune colors and weather i seen yellow fog as poster above shared. But still city doesnt seem like futuristic megacity.

My griefs:
* Lots of areas feels empty, lack of npcs
* Lack of air vehicles, come on it is future and there are not many AVs, planes, helicopters anything. Also, why no verticality, why we can't use air vehicles.
* Lack of cars, traffic jams etc.
* Lots of streets have only 4 lines...this is like minicity than megacity. Take a look at nowadays LA, New York, Shengzhen, Bangkok
* Lack of bums, poverty, etc.

And yeah, city design should be darker and grim

See that building? Can't go in.
See that store with the OPEN sign right on it? Can't go in.
See that club? Can't go in.
See Gomorrah? Can't go in.
Clouds? Nope, can't go there anymore.

Night City, where's the night life?

Despite many criticisms, I've seen consistent near universal praise for the city itself that I don't agree with. It's borderline just a modern American city, very boring in most areas. Areas of Tokyo and Seoul look more futuristic. I didn't get Bladerunner vibes walking about the city, I got GTA vibes. It's an issue that permeates the whole experience.

Top Bottom