I don't think the driving model sucks

+

Guest 4550849

Yeah, the driving in this game on PC feels not as good as in other games, but I'm sure that this can be fixed.

I really like this game because it reminds me to so many games like Saint Row 3 or Skyrim (I know, those both have not much together, especially Skyrim), but those game give me the the freedom I so seek in video games to escape reality, even for a small time.

I'm on Xbox One X too and I have played track games Forza Motorsports and Project Cars 2, and open world racers, NFS: Heat, The Crew 1 and 2, Forza Horizon 3 and 4. Best handling in any GTA game was in GTA IV.

Compared to those CP 2077 driving is actually surprisingly good. It's learning to get sense of speed, learning to brake bit early, things like that I think got people who comes from games with simpler physics.
I've also played Forza and played the hell out of the games I mentioned. The problem I have with CP, especially with all but motorcycles, is that I'm all over the place unless I'm going 25 or less. Did you adjust any of the CP settings to experience GTA IV like handling?
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, I've mentioned in another thread, the driving physics are fine, it's the analog control lag that makes it suck hence why I switched to the controller.

But even with a keyboard I wasn't spinning around constantly, my problem was, just like walking, I couldn't just drive slowly and enjoy the scenery.

Otherwise I was fine on a kb as well.
What changes did you make when you switched to a controller, or, was it just the switch that improved performance for you?

I've also played Forza and played the hell out of the games I mentioned. The problem I have with CP, especially with all but motorcycles, is that I'm all over the place unless I'm going 25 or less. Did you adjust any of the CP settings to experience GTA IV like handling?
It's not like GTA IV but if you remember that game, it's important to brake early. That can be taken from that experience.

I'm not an expert regarding bikes, but I think driving model for them is weird. You could try testing, if you find a way to do so, if bikes front wheel has power. I know it sounds crazy, but still.

I love using bikes and am very so-so on cars - Sinnerman Mission was the worst for me and only my best friend saved my controller from getting some nasty bite marks as a memorial. But I admit that I'm rather lazy and don't really want to learn how to drive a certain car - it has one simple job, to take me from A to B, ideally without crashing into something every few seconds.

It's not like GTA IV but if you remember that game, it's important to brake early. That can be taken from that experience.

I'm not an expert regarding bikes, but I think driving model for them is weird. You could try testing, if you find a way to do so, if bikes front wheel has power. I know it sounds crazy, but still.
I'm gunna mess with the controller settings today when I play. I'll also take some time to figure out why all the vehicles I drive act like I had consumed 10 jack & cokes! You could be right about the brakes, my driving style is foot to the pedal and only brake after I crash into something, hahahaha!! I need to slow down the story anyway because once 1.1 hit it did get better and I'm rolling through it too fast right now. Thanks for the suggestion.

What changes did you make when you switched to a controller, or, was it just the switch that improved performance for you?

I didn't fiddle with any of the settings, just plugged the controller in and away I went.

I do switch to M/Kb when the shooting starts, as I can't aim for shizz with a controller :D.

After numerous early smashes whilst turning, i feel i've got the hang of driving(PC) and find it fun.
I know how to drive in this game too. But it doesn't mean it's great. Basically I'm forced to stare at the map 100% of the time. And only look to make sure traffic isn't in my way. It's the only way to get enough time to slow/drift turn. No one loved how easily it was to launch Niko out of cars. When he hit things. It maybe more realistic. But not fun for a game. If you're going for more realism. You need something that compensates it with a game mechanic. Overlaying turn indicators like in the races is one. A GPS voice for turn warnings, is another. Or better. Reward the player for completing Delamain's story with a auto drive car.

I really do enjoy driving in CP2077 but it also true what people stated.

The lack of fluent acceleration is annoying (why Shift+w to "sprint" is not a thing or something?).
And in combination with small minimap cause that it often feels "unfair" and that is not good.

What I really don't like about vehicles in general in this game is that when driving slow they feel really "stuttery", in particular the gearbox never switch to a lower gear when decelerating and when you give gas again the switch to the new gear is really unrealistic (I mean, I even get the "tires slipping" sound!).
This is more evident with sports cars (to the point that I find the Outlaw and the Caliburn almost un-driveable at low speed).
I wonder if there's a setting in the various .ini files that allow to tweak the gearbox behavior.

Guest 4375874

Same here, ppl appear to expect perfect control going at ridiculous speeds. My only issue with driving has been in 1st person but that just may be me because I hate 1st person in any game normally so it's a learning curve. Otherwise 3rd person driving is pretty good, especially the bikes.

Top Bottom