I don't think the final nail in car customization has been laid just yet

+
It seems, from reading reddit and watching some 2077 videos most of the community seems resigned to the fact car customizing (in this context I am simply meaning re-painting job) is a dead issue and at best we have to use mods. Which last time I tried them certainly worked, if not clunky in execution.

However what little info we have at this point does lead me to believe there is still a chance we get this as a last hoorah by CDPR on the way to sun-setting the game. With them stating the police are getting a total re-work, which is FAR more work then adding basic car modding, and how loud the community has been for this. I do think we'll get it. Will it be PL, patch 1.7 or added DLC in their inevitable post PL hot fix as a final thank you as the game support is ended is anyone's guess. But there are still at least 2 opportunities for them to add this feature. And the fact modders can add it on their free time really makes me think they will add this officially in a much more robust manner as a side addition to either PL or one of the last patches.

So while I am not saying this is a done deal, I would also say the final nail in the potential for this isn't hammered either. My 2 coppers

It seems, from reading reddit and watching some 2077 videos most of the community seems resigned to the fact car customizing (in this context I am simply meaning re-painting job) is a dead issue and at best we have to use mods. Which last time I tried them certainly worked, if not clunky in execution.

However what little info we have at this point does lead me to believe there is still a chance we get this as a last hoorah by CDPR on the way to sun-setting the game. With them stating the police are getting a total re-work, which is FAR more work then adding basic car modding, and how loud the community has been for this. I do think we'll get it. Will it be PL, patch 1.7 or added DLC in their inevitable post PL hot fix as a final thank you as the game support is ended is anyone's guess. But there are still at least 2 opportunities for them to add this feature. And the fact modders can add it on their free time really makes me think they will add this officially in a much more robust manner as a side addition to either PL or one of the last patches.

So while I am not saying this is a done deal, I would also say the final nail in the potential for this isn't hammered either. My 2 coppers

So, they already have variations of cars already and are drivable, like the caliburn. So, yeah it wouldn't be hard to add at least a paint scheme customization.

I can only hope. But muster more than hope I cant

And that is a fair, and reasonable approach. Again in no way am I claiming this is a fact. Just looking at the topic from all the angles, variables I feel this is a reasonable potential outcome. Either I am going to have egg on my face... or not haha we'll see.

I also still hold out hope on this one. I guess they would probably add a shop or two where you could have this work carried out, and a few lines of dialogue to go with them. Doesn't seem a huge amount of work, compared to other things they are doing.

I think swapping the existing paint schemes of the different car-types around while being able to change their color and the ability to swap out the rims of the existing cars would already be really cool.

Hhmm, I was thinking today maybe they should have the shop front where V bought her Archer and there you have a panel display that goes through all the already different vehicle looks in the game right and on top of that colour schemes. I mean that would be the easiest way I think to at least have some sort of customisation before they stop adding to the game.

Red and gold Caliburn that can be upgraded to hit the 2000 speed in 4 seconds in the vanilla game ftw!
I need that to continue doing slingshots across the whole NC, like this one, timestamped to 2:08.

Plus decent races.

I want V to stand on the top stage, sprinkling champagne at everyone in slow-motion, with victory music.
And lose the rubber-banding on races, CDPR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom