I dont understand How There are still Game Breaking Bugs like this in the game

+
Pre patch 1.23 I played 3 playthroughs from launch to update 1.2 and I've never had a single quest have a bug like this. It tries teleport me under the map then causes the game to infinitely load which means the save at this point is effectively bricked. I have a save from in this quest in a couple auto saves and a manual save from the quest before this one thankfully. But damn they said they are pleased with the state of the game and there still is save bricking bugs around. Whatever branch of the game is being tested that was uploaded to the steam depot comes to the game soon with a fix for stuff like this. Because I had times earlier in this playthrough that if I saved while in the car for a manual save it would do the same and try to spawn me under the map with a loading screen except those times it actually loaded.

Edit: Actually I think this save is fully bricked because the other save was from before the first race for the beast in me starts and there is no car there when loading the save. This one specifically has been an issue since at least 1.1. Holy hell really CDPR said they were happy with the state of the game? If so then that means they have Activision standards.

Last edited:
Well my issue is that the game is teleporting the car under the map. The infinite loading is then the result because you're supposed to drive out of the garage not go into a new area that requires a loading screen. But ill try this.

Edit: WOW. I'm actually really surprised this worked, It seems that upper management didn't just make it to where the game was under developed, so was the new engine. This is Bethesda standards for a working engine. Like I remember Fallout 4's launch where if you ran the game at higher than 60 fps the entire engine would break and all audio and animations would be tailored to your framerate rather than the speed it was at. Thanks for the help but damn does this game still need so much work.

Last edited:
Well my issue is that the game is teleporting the car under the map. The infinite loading is then the result because you're supposed to drive out of the garage not go into a new area that requires a loading screen. But ill try this.

Edit: WOW. I'm actually really surprised this worked, It seems that upper management didn't just make it to where the game was under developed, so was the new engine. This is Bethesda standards for a working engine. Like I remember Fallout 4's launch where if you ran the game at higher than 60 fps the entire engine would break and all audio and animations would be tailored to your framerate rather than the speed it was at. Thanks for the help but damn does this game still need so much work.
Yep I don't really know why, but anyway, I'm happy that it work as expected ;)

If I'm right (pretty sure), for infinite loading bug during "Lightning Breaks", you have to lock your FPS to 30 before get in in the car ;)
(you can return to your previous setting after the loading screen).
Tip provided by CDPR support.
Lightning Breaks still can't be completed [SOLVED]

That's fascinating. I cap a lot of my games at 30fps anyway, just because it makes everything closer to a movie frame rate (24). Beginning to wonder if this is why I've rarely seen any major bugs this whole time :D

8 months in. We got the game we're gonna get🤷‍♂️
Yup its pretty shocking how well CDPR got away with selling a more than early access title and are drip feeding us dog shit and giving the players and modders the bethesda treatment by making the modders fix the game or in CDPR's case making modders make the game they originally promised.
Post automatically merged:

That's fascinating. I cap a lot of my games at 30fps anyway, just because it makes everything closer to a movie frame rate (24). Beginning to wonder if this is why I've rarely seen any major bugs this whole time :D
So my theory for why it does this: There are cardboard boxes in the garage on the righthand side. When you exit the garage at 30fps panam runs them over and it tilts the truck a bit and the boxes go flying a bit. Meaning at 60fps I think there is an issue with the physics and collision systems with the game and higher framerates since the game's engine has no idea what to do when the two objects collide so it just tries to teleport me under the map more than likely at x: 0, y: 0, z: 0, or as close to the center of the map while being under it to isolate the player instance and since I'm not supposed to be under the map the game decides to infinitely load. Causing the player to force close the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom