I don't understand is it by design to get duplicate crafting specs or an oversight?

+
Ive gotten 4 crunches, 3 resists now, 2 armadillos now and a two of other everything else, im on console and the game naturally generated these specs. i was looking for clothing items in crates and looking around (barley finding many) for enemies to fight hoping they might drop what im looking for because shop vender removed a lot of things

Proof i found dups literally next to each other that I already had and wasn't looking for

Crafting specs are randomly generated in these containers and there are way more containers than crafting specs... So there are high chance that you will find plenty of duplicate :)

Crafting specs are randomly generated in these containers and there are way more containers than crafting specs... So there are high chance that you will find plenty of duplicate :)
isnt that bad design? Ive found multiple specs multiple times of things i already have and keep finding more of, the game should recognize what I already have and stop giving dups. instead drop loot or something else there is no benefit to finding more specs because its the same rarity and everything

There is no rarity for mod crafting specs. It's all matter of your crafting skill.
Bad design or not, subjective... Me, it don't bother me at all.
So I just exposed the facts :)

isnt that bad design?
It is. It shouldn't be hard to remove a spec from the loot pool after you've already picked it. I haven't noticed it personally, but now that you've mentioned it, I'm surprised that:
a) this issue isn't fixed by now;
b) this issue exists in a first place.

There is no rarity for mod crafting specs. It's all matter of your crafting skill.
Bad design or not, subjective... Me, it don't bother me at all.
So I just exposed the facts :)
im genuinely confused what facts? from how i understand it. They can drop from hundreds of crates with a chance to drop again and again half the time regardless if you already have found it 10, 6 or 4 already

a) this issue isn't fixed by now;
b) this issue exists in a first place.
It's not fixed because I think CDPR don't consider it as an issue (just a guess^^)
And it's only the case since 1.5, in which item randomization was introduced.
im genuinely confused what facts?
Facts :
- Some containers can contain mod crafting specs. Not all containers, but on the whole map, it represent a fair amount.
- These containers spawn randomly one crafting spec.
- There are only about ten crafting specs in total.
So you'll have great chance to find duplicate.

If you consider it as a bug or something which don't work as intended, feel free to reach the support directly ;)
In my case, it don't bother me and I don't care to find duplicate as long as I find them all.

Top Bottom