I don't want any apologies. I just want to know that no matter what CDPR will fix this. There is no excuse for why C2077 can't run on my computer.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading so many different peoples experiences over the last few days and taking part in thread discussions where some people experience too much rain and others like myself experience virtually no rain it's pretty clear that (and I don't know how this is possible) so many people are having vastly different experiences. Because of that, it's a good idea to keep in mind that our experience (beyond mere subjectivity in this case) doesn't seem to be representative across the board. If I had to guess, I'd say this is likely caused by the large number of platforms and system environments CP2077 was supposed to be developed for but I could be way off.

Just reading so many different peoples experiences over the last few days and taking part in thread discussions where some people experience too much rain and others like myself experience virtually no rain it's pretty clear that (and I don't know how this is possible) so many people are having vastly different experiences. Because of that, it's a good idea to keep in mind that our experience (beyond mere subjectivity in this case) doesn't seem to be representative across the board. If I had to guess, I'd say this is likely caused by the large number of platforms and system environments CP2077 was supposed to be developed for but I could be way off.
Definitely hard to take into account the countless number of different hardware configurations for sure. but once again just shows how badly this game has been coded. End products like this should be like a McDonalds Cheeseburger. get one in America, Asia or Australia, everyone gets the same thing.

This doesn't happen anymore. If you've got an nivdia card, then go to the nvidia website and download the driver for your card. They even have an autodetect feature. Besides that, your pc wont turn into a plastic brick, you can just reinstall the OS and it's as easy as that.
Unfortunately it's really not that easy. Sure on the surface it sounds wonderful, but I have been on the side where things didn't go well, and I never want to experience that ever again.

Ive applied some of these "performance fixes" and while they have somewhat done their intended job (albeit slightly) ive since noticed more crashes myself. however these also started getting more prominent around the 40 hour mark and before i implemented these fixes so who knows what the correlation may be
Yea... I honestly feel like all of this can be fixed within the game itself through updates. I could wait for weeks or months until the game works for me, or I can risk fixing it myself with a graphics card firmware and OS update and possibly break my computer forever. I'm not incompetent with computers, I'm even pretty decent, but I am absolutely not a tech genius net runner wizard. When something really truly breaks, I'm doomed unfortunately.
A hundred percent true! Same feeling on my end! Respect for those words!
Respect to you too friend.
Yea I'm shocked by both of these things:
1. how many people are having the same issues
2. how many people are having vastly different issues
Definitely hard to take into account the countless number of different hardware configurations for sure. but once again just shows how badly this game has been coded. End products like this should be like a McDonalds Cheeseburger. get one in America, Asia or Australia, everyone gets the same thing.
Haha I like how you put that.

Unfortunately it's really not that easy. Sure on the surface it sounds wonderful, but I have been on the side where things didn't go well, and I never want to experience that ever again.
Rip. I build and repair PCs for a living on both hardware and software side and I've never had an issue like that, ever. My condolences if you've lost money over it, but respectfully, my experiences are quite different from what you've described.

- Let us build and sell a new car!
- Sure! What type of car?
- The ordinary one.
- mm? Ok.

Car is built and selling is going well...

(1st customer) I'm trying to start the engine, it won't start!
(seller) You need to start it by fixing your hands and start using new gloves, it won't start when you are pushing the button with bare hands.
(2nd customer) I'm trying to accelerate...nothing is happening...what should I do?
(seller) You need to fix your legs and buy a new pair of sneakers. Car won't accelerate with casual boots!

Rip. I build and repair PCs for a living on both hardware and software side and I've never had an issue like that, ever. My condolences if you've lost money over it, but respectfully, my experiences are quite different from what you've described.
Well fair enough then, I appreciate your kind words.
- Let us build and sell a new car!
- Sure! What type of car?
- The ordinary one.
- mm? Ok.

Car is built and selling is going well...

(1st customer) I'm trying to start the engine, it won't start!
(seller) You need to start it by fixing your hands and start using new gloves, it won't start when you are pushing the button with bare hands.
(2nd customer) I'm trying to accelerate...nothing is happening...what should I do?
(seller) You need to fix your legs and buy a new pair of sneakers. Car won't accelerate with casual boots!
:smart:Wow that got me good. :think:The best comedy is when it is in tune with the truth. I feel that on a deep level agemodsu! :D:ROFLMAO:

Hey there, I don't want to make this into a technical thread or anything like that. I've participated in other technical threads in the other forum sections. I just mentioned some things in the OP because I felt it would better outline the situation I and many others feel trapped in. Long story short, I have a pretty good gaming computer that could run other things at pretty high settings but Cyberpunk2077 can't even start. I wont say much more beyond that here, but thank you for asking. :think:

The thing is, there is not an especially easy way to guess what the issue could be with your experience. You can´t really expect people to read this thread, then spend time guessing in what thread you might say what you play on to better try and help you. Also, you seem to be leaning on that whatever the problem is, it´s CDPR´s thing to fix, and you should not have to do anything. Well, it does not work like that, and especially since you are not explaining what rig you have.

You had the time and intention to post a thread with a few quite serious claims of what may be breaking your computer, and you have quite a list of want´s and wishes, but you add nothing constructive to the point we can help you with.

Sure..you do you bud, but you are basically just screaming behind a locked door at the moment where someone may actually give you a fix or an idea if we knew what you have to work with.

Countless times before, people have been 100% sure their High grade gaming rig should make this and that, only for it to either end up with them being on 8 gig of slow ram or a several year old CPU etc. There may also be a situation of a broken SSD, faulty cooling, bad drivers clogged up the system, pirated OS, double Anti Virus software that bloats everything and on and on and on.

You can get more help if you offer something to work with,

The thing is, there is not an especially easy way to guess what the issue could be with your experience.
You can´t really expect people to read this thread, then spend time guessing in what thread you might say what you play on to better try and help you.
You don't have to guess, there are countless people with the same experience as me.

Also, you seem to be leaning on that whatever the problem is, it´s CDPR´s thing to fix, and you should not have to do anything.
And you seem to be implying the opposite. How would you feel if you purchased a car and it didn't start, but you were told it was your fault and you were now expected to open the hood and begin to do all kinds of difficult and risky maintenance on it, all at your own financial risk? If I buy a car, I expect it to work, period.

Well, it does not work like that, and especially since you are not explaining what rig you have.
It does in fact work like that. I'm not going to "explain" what rig I have like I'm a criminal being interrogated by the police. Go find my posts in the technical section of the forum. This thread was posted in the general forums, so this is not a technical thread. Why should I discuss that here so that it is moved to the technical forums and sinks under an ocean of countless other technical issue threads? I shouldn't, and I wont.

You had the time and intention to post a thread with a few quite serious claims of what may be breaking your computer, and you have quite a list of want´s and wishes, but you add nothing constructive to the point we can help you with.
"we"
Who is "we"?
Telling the truth about how I feel isn't constructive?
If nobody voiced their opinion, what kind of world would this be?
Do you suggest nobody ever speak out and share their thoughts and feelings?

Sure..you do you bud, but you are basically just screaming behind a locked door at the moment where someone may actually give you a fix or an idea if we knew what you have to work with.
If I'm "screaming behind a locked door" as you say, and it all really doesn't matter... then why are you here needing to tell me this? If I'm so insignificant and my voice isn't constructive then why do you give me your attention? Why am I so important to you, for you to need to tell me this?

Countless times before, people have been 100% sure their High grade gaming rig should make this and that, only for it to either end up with them being on 8 gig of slow ram or a several year old CPU etc. There may also be a situation of a broken SSD, faulty cooling, bad drivers clogged up the system, pirated OS, double Anti Virus software that bloats everything and on and on and on.
And countless people with fairly new and recent powerful PC's are having trouble running Cyberpunk2077.

You can get more help if you offer something to work with,
I did not ask for help, I am offering my thoughts and feelings and opinions to everyone and CDPR. This is a "general" thread. Not a tech support thread.

For anyone bashing OP on his hardware. im running this game on an $8k rig and still having issues and others with similar set ups have also failed to boot the game full stop

Couldn't get through even the tutorial for a time. Eventually, I found it was because I was using Windows 7, but the DirectX 12 installation was not correct. Tried everything to run the Windows Updates and Windows repair...but no bananas. It just wouldn't work.

Upgraded to Windows 10. Did a DDU and CLEAN reinstallation of the 460.79 Nvida drivers.

Absolutely excellent gameplay so far. Been about 6 hours of playtime without a single crash:
i7-4790K
GTX 980 ti, 6 GB
16 GB RAM
Samsung EVO SSD

144Hz monitor set at 72 Hz refresh rate, and a mix of High / Ultra settings at 1080p, and I get 50-70 FPS, with the rare dip into the 30's. This is the same system I originally built for TW3 back in 2015.

There are certainly still issues with the game, but if the issues were completely debilitating, no one would be able to play. As it stands, it's pretty much the same as the release of any other massive RPG. PC players will need to tweak and fiddle until all the kinks are worked out. As the patches are released, things will improve.

But as PC players, we need to learn how to manage our unique systems...and sometimes that's just a pain in the toofus.

Couldn't get through even the tutorial for a time. Eventually, I found it was because I was using Windows 7, but the DirectX 12 installation was not correct. Tried everything to run the Windows Updates and Windows repair...but no bananas. It just wouldn't work.

Upgraded to Windows 10. Did a DDU and CLEAN reinstallation of the 460.79 Nvida drivers.

Absolutely excellent gameplay so far. Been about 6 hours of playtime without a single crash:
i7-4790K
GTX 980 ti, 6 GB
16 GB RAM
Samsung EVO SSD

144Hz monitor set at 72 Hz refresh rate, and a mix of High / Ultra settings at 1080p, and I get 50-70 FPS, with the rare dip into the 30's. This is the same system I originally built for TW3 back in 2015.

There are certainly still issues with the game, but if the issues were completely debilitating, no one would be able to play. As it stands, it's pretty much the same as the release of any other massive RPG. PC players will need to tweak and fiddle until all the kinks are worked out. As the patches are released, things will improve.

But as PC players, we need to learn how to manage our unique systems...and sometimes that's just a pain in the toofus.
Your playing on a rig that is slightly better than a PS4 Pro. But seem to be having a much more enjoyable experience than play station players. Given this, I don't think the issue is that the PS4 Pro is to old or the hardware isn't good enough, considering you can play it ok.

Anyways I think I should make that comparison.

I'm not bashing consoles here or anything anything here.

It's just interesting to see a comparable PC to PS4 Pro and the results you are getting vs people playing on PS4 Pro are greatly different.

i7-4790K
GTX 980 ti, 6 GB
16 GB RAM
Samsung EVO SSD

i didnt get my first crash until around 13 hours in. since then im up to 55 hours and sometimes get 4 in one hour. it gets worse from what i can tell.

Updating your graphics card firmware? I don't think you can do that. Updating your GPU drivers is not updating your firmware. If you're a running a driver that's years old I would not be shocked if your game does not work. This is something 90% of PC gamers I know do monthly. I have never heard of someone bricking their card. It's just a software update. this isn't some super complicated technical thing either. Nvidia has simple methods for doing this these days.

i7-4790K
GTX 980 ti, 6 GB
16 GB RAM
Samsung EVO SSD

Windows 7 is unsupported across the board. If you do have Win7, 8, 8.1, you can get a free upgrade to Win 10. Too many people want to blame the game, surely, it's not optimized but, 50+ hours in, and it's been pretty clean. There is some jittering of models but, I expect it to get fixed in up and coming patches. You can't get a full scope of performance of your user base when you are constantly releasing production builds but, they will be able to optimize after getting user performance data a few weeks after launch. Got to get used to PCs having the most variability in performance.

Eurogamer have a important article about RTX cards and Cyberpunk. Read that.

There are few companies that think with their feet in reality and CD thinks the world and its games correctly and fairly. It made a popular game, for everyone and not for a 'handful' of privileged ... I do not touch anyone in this community, nor the author of the topic - I make that absolutely clear.

I only reaffirm the profoundly democratic character of the decisions taken by the CD until today.

Too bad nVidia does not follow the same standards - at last looks like ... in my point of view ... and manufacture junk (disposable hardware) to earn easy money ...

Saying that your rig can run The Witcher 3 at "almost" max settings suggests that your PC has reached it's peak. This game was launched in 2015! Gaming technology and hardware has evolved since then so it's likely your PC simply cannot cope with running Cyberpunk 2077! Without seeing your hardware specs, though I cannot be certain of this.

Also saying that you don't want to be told that you should upgrade your graphics card drivers and OS, due to your fear that it might brick your computer, seems strange to me. This should be common practice when running a PC built for gaming! In my 15 years experience of being an IT Support Engineer I have never seen a PC being bricked by a driver or OS update!

Finally you admit to not being a "tech wizard" so how do you know that the advice you've been given or the information you've refused to provide wouldn't be helpful in helping you get this game running on your PC?
Post automatically merged:

I just want to say I love CDPR.

With that being said, I'm going to be brutally honest.
I don't want an apology.
I don't want to be told that patches are coming without knowing what they will really do for me.
I don't want to be told to turn my computer on and off again.
I don't want to be told to update my graphics card firmware (huge risk of permanently breaking my computer, happened to countless people in the past)
I don't want to be told to update my operating system (another huge risk of permanently breaking my computer, happened to countless people in the past)
I don't want to be told that I should do anything on my end, especially when plenty of other people using similar or worse hardware and software than me are sitting on their computer or another platform right now and having fun playing the game, while I can't.

I can't help but feel in my honest opinion, that this whole issue is somehow a very indirect and unintentional way of telling me that it is somehow my fault as the customer that I can't even get past the desktop without a crash on launch "Flatlined" error. (My fault for buying the game?) At best, I feel like this is a desperate attempt to buy time, while being about as transparent as the lead refrigerator from indiana jones and the crystal skull ( a horrible sequel that accidentally perfectly outlines my disappointment with the handling of this situation )

The Nvidia website does not even have the update for my graphics card listed under my own graphics card tab in the website, it knows my card, and then only gives me options for which my computer rejects and tells me are the wrong ones. I'm glad that I didn't get that far, because I'm sure something would have happened anyway. My computer could run The Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come Deliverance on almost max settings.

You can not possibly expect me to believe that my computer can run those games, and then tell me that I need to make very risky changes to my own computer to get Cyberpunk2077 to even START.
There is no excuse for why C2077 can't run on my computer.
Listen CDPR, I may have purchased your game, but I am not made out of money, nor do I have infinite amounts of it. I am not a tech wizard or a netrunner. If my computer breaks, that's it. I can't just go and buy a new one. I'm not rich. If I follow this advice, then I will be out the money I paid for the game, and out of the money for paying a tech wizard to repair my computer ( and then I have to pray the tech wizard doesn't damage something else in my computer while they fix the other issues with it ) or even out the money to buy an entire new computer. In addition to that, I can kiss goodbye the refund, since how will I request a refund if I can't use the internet because my computer is broken? I will be eating nothing but rice and beans for over one year if this happens to me, so I can't risk it.

I don't want apologies.
I just want to know- that no matter what- CDPR will fix this.
I would greatly appreciate highly specific promises and truly honest and transparent action on your part CDPR.
I expect this of you because I RESPECT you, and I know you are capable of great things.
I want to be honest here some more and say this: I don't believe any of this is your fault.
I know this isn't the real you.
Something else outside of your control that cares not for you or your fans is responsible.
That I truly believe, but what, I can not say.
Just please, please, make this right.
I waited years for Success.
I waited years for Victory.
By the will of God, may I never wait again.

Saying that your rig can run The Witcher 3 at "almost" max settings suggests that your PC has reached it's peak. This game was launched in 2015! Gaming technology and hardware has evolved since then so it's likely your PC simply cannot cope with running Cyberpunk 2077! Without seeing your hardware specs, though I cannot be certain of this.

Also saying that you don't want to be told that you should upgrade your graphics card drivers and OS, due to your fear that it might brick your computer, seems strange to me. This should be common practice when running a PC built for gaming! In my 15 years experience of being an IT Support Engineer I have never seen a PC being bricked by a driver or OS update!

Finally you admit to not being a "tech wizard" so how do you know that the advice you've been given or the information you've refused to provide wouldn't be helpful in helping you to get this game running on your PC?

Last edited:
Eurogamer have a important article about RTX cards and Cyberpunk. Read that.

There are few companies that think with their feet in reality and CD thinks the world and its games correctly and fairly. It made a popular game, for everyone and not for a 'handful' of privileged ... I do not touch anyone in this community, nor the author of the topic - I make that absolutely clear.

I only reaffirm the profoundly democratic character of the decisions taken by the CD until today.

Too bad nVidia does not follow the same standards - at last looks like ... in my point of view ... and manufacture junk (disposable hardware) to earn easy money ...
I don't understand what the article is saying?

You can not possibly expect me to believe that my computer can run those games, and then tell me that I need to make very risky changes to my own computer to get Cyberpunk2077 to even START.

I know you said you didn't want help here but it seems you're really struggling and watching you pop into various threads sad posting about not being able to launch the game, my heart went out.

Clearly you're not very tech savvy so I just want to assure you that updating your card drivers isn't risky, but is in fact very necessary. Drivers are what allow your card and your computer to communicate and if you don't keep that software up to date you will run into issues. From reading one of your tech support posts I also want to stress that it's not a firmware update you're doing, it's just the software drivers. If you're having trouble downloading them manually from nvidia's site try downloading and installing GeForce Experience (link below) as this will automatically find the correct version for your card (and let you know when new ones are available):

Next up, your aversion to following the steps outlined below:

Again, there's nothing dangerous in there.

Step 1 is primarily asking you to update your graphics card drivers (see above) and making sure you've got the right MS Visual C++ libraries installed. As with the drivers, this is important to check/action as many apps require those files to run properly so don't skip it assuming your laptop has them all. The other points are just about disabling other (non-essential) programs which could be interfering with CP2077 as a troubleshooting step. If the game runs without those programs you know at least one of them is causing a conflict. Try those last bits after you've done the below though as if you're resorting to disabling anti-virus etc you're scraping the barrel in my experience.

Steps 2-4 are just about making sure the download isn't missing anything or corrupted and then asking you to manually run the cp2077.exe. All step 5 is asking, much like with the drivers above, is ensuring that your operating system is up to date. This too is very important and you should be installing any updates Microsoft is sending through to you. It's unlikely you've turned these updates off, but you can check if updates are outstanding by following the below instructions:

You really need to do/check these things as no amount of patches or mods will get the game running for you if you're trying to run the game on a laptop with software that hasn't been updated since you initially bought it. Not doing these things as a baseline before further troubleshooting is just going to lead to more frustration. If you're still unwilling to follow these steps because you believe they will irreparably harm your laptop, I'd suggest selling it and buying a console instead as that's the only way you'll be playing this game.

I feel bad for people who can't even launch the game, want to tell them what to upgrade in their rig so they can play it, but he won't tell us the specs, so not much we can do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom