I don't want any apologies. I just want to know that no matter what CDPR will fix this. There is no excuse for why C2077 can't run on my computer.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say I love CDPR.

With that being said, I'm going to be brutally honest.
I don't want an apology.
I don't want to be told that patches are coming without knowing what they will really do for me.
I don't want to be told to turn my computer on and off again.
I don't want to be told to update my graphics card firmware (huge risk of permanently breaking my computer, happened to countless people in the past)
I don't want to be told to update my operating system (another huge risk of permanently breaking my computer, happened to countless people in the past)
I don't want to be told that I should do anything on my end, especially when plenty of other people using similar or worse hardware and software than me are sitting on their computer or another platform right now and having fun playing the game, while I can't.

I can't help but feel in my honest opinion, that this whole issue is somehow a very indirect and unintentional way of telling me that it is somehow my fault as the customer that I can't even get past the desktop without a crash on launch "Flatlined" error. (My fault for buying the game?) At best, I feel like this is a desperate attempt to buy time, while being about as transparent as the lead refrigerator from indiana jones and the crystal skull ( a horrible sequel that accidentally perfectly outlines my disappointment with the handling of this situation )

The Nvidia website does not even have the update for my graphics card listed under my own graphics card tab in the website, it knows my card, and then only gives me options for which my computer rejects and tells me are the wrong ones. I'm glad that I didn't get that far, because I'm sure something would have happened anyway. My computer could run The Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come Deliverance on almost max settings.

You can not possibly expect me to believe that my computer can run those games, and then tell me that I need to make very risky changes to my own computer to get Cyberpunk2077 to even START.
There is no excuse for why C2077 can't run on my computer.
Listen CDPR, I may have purchased your game, but I am not made out of money, nor do I have infinite amounts of it. I am not a tech wizard or a netrunner. If my computer breaks, that's it. I can't just go and buy a new one. I'm not rich. If I follow this advice, then I will be out the money I paid for the game, and out of the money for paying a tech wizard to repair my computer ( and then I have to pray the tech wizard doesn't damage something else in my computer while they fix the other issues with it ) or even out the money to buy an entire new computer. In addition to that, I can kiss goodbye the refund, since how will I request a refund if I can't use the internet because my computer is broken? I will be eating nothing but rice and beans for over one year if this happens to me, so I can't risk it.

I don't want apologies.
I just want to know- that no matter what- CDPR will fix this.
I would greatly appreciate highly specific promises and truly honest and transparent action on your part CDPR.
I expect this of you because I RESPECT you, and I know you are capable of great things.
I want to be honest here some more and say this: I don't believe any of this is your fault.
I know this isn't the real you.
Something else outside of your control that cares not for you or your fans is responsible.
That I truly believe, but what, I can not say.
Just please, please, make this right.
I waited years for Success.
I waited years for Victory.
By the will of God, may I never wait again.

I don't want an apology.
I don't want to be told that patches are coming without knowing what they will really do for me.
I don't want to be told to update my graphics card firmware (huge risk of permanently breaking my computer, happened to countless people in the past)
I don't want to be told to update my operating system (another huge risk of permanently breaking my computer, happened to countless people in the past)
I don't want to be told that I should do anything on my end, especially when plenty of other people using similar or worse hardware and software than me are sitting on their computer or another platform right now and having fun playing the game, while I can't.

I can't help but feel in my honest opinion, that this whole issue is somehow a very indirect and unintentional way of telling me that it is somehow my fault as the customer that I can't even get past the desktop without a crash on launch "Flatlined" error. (My fault for buying the game?) At best, I feel like this is a desperate attempt to buy time, while being about as transparent as the lead refrigerator from indiana jones and the crystal skull ( a horrible sequel that accidentally perfectly outlines my disappointment with the handling of this situation )

The Nvidia website does not even have the update for my graphics card listed under my own graphics card tab in the website, it knows my card, and then only gives me options for which my computer rejects and tells me are the wrong ones. I'm glad that I didn't get that far, because I'm sure something would have happened anyway. My computer could run The Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come Deliverance on almost max settings.

You can not possibly expect me to believe that my computer can run those games, and then tell me that I need to make very risky changes to my own computer to get Cyberpunk2077 to even START.
Listen CDPR, I may have purchased your game, but I am not made out of money, nor do I have infinite amounts of it. I am not a tech wizard or a netrunner. If my computer breaks, that's it. I can't just go and buy a new one. I'm not rich. If I follow this advice, then I will be out the money I paid for the game, and out of the money for paying a tech wizard to repair my computer ( and then I have to pray the tech wizard doesn't damage something else in my computer while they fix the other issues with it ) or even out the money to buy an entire new computer. In addition to that, I can kiss goodbye the refund, since how will I request a refund if I can't use the internet because my computer is broken? I will be eating nothing but rice and beans for over one year if this happens to me, so I can't risk it.

I don't want apologies.
I would greatly appreciate highly specific promises and truly honest and transparent action on your part CDPR.
I expect this of you because I RESPECT you, and I know you are capable of great things.
I want to be honest here some more and say this: I don't believe any of this is your fault.
Something else outside of your control that cares not for you or your fans is responsible.
I feel your pain man words can not describe.

I feel your pain man words can not describe.
And I feel all of yours as well.
Unfortunely so much of this song and dance is just how the world works. I don't need an apology, I need the game I was sold. In no other industry does this nonsense fly. Make it right. That's all that matters.
True words my forum friend.

:beer:hang in there friends.

Last edited:
what gpu are you using?
Hey there, I don't want to make this into a technical thread or anything like that. I've participated in other technical threads in the other forum sections. I just mentioned some things in the OP because I felt it would better outline the situation I and many others feel trapped in. Long story short, I have a pretty good gaming computer that could run other things at pretty high settings but Cyberpunk2077 can't even start. I wont say much more beyond that here, but thank you for asking. :think:

How odd that you won't disclose your specs.

And you have your page hidden so we can't check ourselves. Go figure.
First of all this isn't whatever you're making it out to be, and I'm disappointed that this is your first assumption. I have nothing to hide, and I have shared plenty in other threads in the technical forum section. I choose to not make this thread into a technical thread because then it will just get moved to the technical section and sink to the bottom of millions of other technical threads, when it isn't actually what this thread is about.

As for my page, I don't know what you were expecting to find. What were you looking for? Everything about me that I'm willing to share you can learn by having a civilized discussion with me out here in the open, on a thread in the forums. So hey, discuss the thread in this thread, or participate in another. I don't know what to tell you friend.

They've already released a statement....
I'm aware of that, I just felt like it was lacking. No hard feelings, just felt that it was inadequate.

Im running a 3090 with a 5950x and even i feel duped in performance, and for the most part i can overlook it and still somewhat enjoy the game, but its performance is abysmal.

lets not even get into the bugs and Missing content/mechanics side of things.

I know you said in the post you don't want to be told to do anything, but the fact is that you probably should.
Knowing that your rig is strong enough but encountering technical problems is very tilting, I understand. I am guessing from your post that maybe game file is corrupted? quite possible during a download. Also, about the Nvidia site, it does the same for me, but for me I just went to the GeForce Experience and updated the drivers there, which fixed the visual problems for me at least.

my honest opinion is that this is an isolated issue on your computer, maybe try sending in the crash reports to CDPR

Interesting. You don't want to do anything that will actually fix your issues? Updating your graphics driver doesn't mess up your pc. Besides that, you should already be on windows 10 because unfortunately microsoft has dropped support from win7, and win10 has automatic updates. This is of course unless you've disabled them, which is a huge security risk and an issue you need to rectify it by either re-enabling them or manually updating it yourself. This will not mess up your pc unless you're technologically incompetent, and in which case you ought to find someone who is comfortable doing it for you.

I can play this game on full medium with a gimped 970ti that has 2gb of vram and I've 10gb of regular ram. Update your drivers, your OS, and put the game on an ssd. Problem solved/

Im running a 3090 with a 5950x and even i feel duped in performance, and for the most part i can overlook it and still somewhat enjoy the game, but its performance is abysmal.

lets not even get into the bugs and Missing content/mechanics side of things.
I honestly could probably overlook most of the bugs (which I find rather hilarious) if I could simply just play the game.
I crash to desktop on startup "flatlined"
I watched several other people apply fixes and try different things and not make any progress, so I'm of the opinion that I stand to lose more by risking the suggested updates, than by waiting for actual updates to the game. It's a painful experience to say the least.

I know you said in the post you don't want to be told to do anything, but the fact is that you probably should.
Knowing that your rig is strong enough but encountering technical problems is very tilting, I understand. I am guessing from your post that maybe game file is corrupted? quite possible during a download. Also, about the Nvidia site, it does the same for me, but for me I just went to the GeForce Experience and updated the drivers there, which fixed the visual problems for me at least.

my honest opinion is that this is an isolated issue on your computer, maybe try sending in the crash reports to CDPR
No corrupted files. Install was smooth and without issues. Even reinstalled. I have heard many horror stories of people updating their graphics drivers through various methods, as well as operating systems and run into such horrible problems that their computers were completely broken. I can't risk losing money if my computer gets turned into a plastic block that does nothing. However, I disagree that this is an "isolated issue" a quick search quickly shows countless people suffering the same issues as me.
Interesting. You don't want to do anything that will actually fix your issues? Updating your graphics driver doesn't mess up your pc. Besides that, you should already be on windows 10 because unfortunately microsoft has dropped support from win7, and win10 has automatic updates. This is of course unless you've disabled them, which is a huge security risk and an issue you need to rectify it by either re-enabling them or manually updating it yourself. This will not mess up your pc unless you're technologically incompetent, and in which case you ought to find someone who is comfortable doing it for you.

I can play this game on full medium with a gimped 970ti that has 2gb of vram and I've 10gb of regular ram. Update your drivers, your OS, and put the game on an ssd. Problem solved/
That's quite a lot of assumptions.

This is a possibility but there have been quite a few people in similar situations who flat out cant launch the game at all regardless of the fix. from Reinstalling, to launching from the game files and reinstalling drivers.

it just broke

I have heard many horror stories of people updating their graphics drivers through various methods, as well as operating systems and run into such horrible problems that their computers were completely broken.
This doesn't happen anymore. If you've got an nivdia card, then go to the nvidia website and download the driver for your card. They even have an autodetect feature. Besides that, your pc wont turn into a plastic brick, you can just reinstall the OS and it's as easy as that.

I honestly could probably overlook most of the bugs (which I find rather hilarious) if I could simply just play the game.
I crash to desktop on startup "flatlined"
I watched several other people apply fixes and try different things and not make any progress, so I'm of the opinion that I stand to lose more by risking the suggested updates, than by waiting for actual updates to the game. It's a painful experience to say the least.

No corrupted files. Install was smooth and without issues. Even reinstalled. I have heard many horror stories of people updating their graphics drivers through various methods, as well as operating systems and run into such horrible problems that their computers were completely broken. I can't risk losing money if my computer gets turned into a plastic block that does nothing. However, I disagree that this is an "isolated issue" a quick search quickly shows countless people suffering the same issues as me.

That's quite a lot of assumptions.
Ive applied some of these "performance fixes" and while they have somewhat done their intended job (albeit slightly) ive since noticed more crashes myself. however these also started getting more prominent around the 40 hour mark and before i implemented these fixes so who knows what the correlation may be

I don't want an apology.

I don't want apologies.
A hundred percent true! Same feeling on my end! Respect for those words!

This is a possibility but there have been quite a few people in similar situations who flat out cant launch the game at all regardless of the fix. from Reinstalling, to launching from the game files and reinstalling drivers.

it just broke
Honestly, this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom