I FINALLY GOT TO PRO!

+
Hello everyone, I just got to Pro. At last, Pro at last. True, in about 12 hours the season will end and I'll go back down but it's a glorious feeling nonetheless!
Just felt like sharing.

Bye

P.S.
I reached Pro in the season of the Dryad (11 hours before its end) and the contract REBEL should have been completed, but it's still open and I didn't get the title Rebel. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Congratulations! I was hoping to make my push for pro next season but my favored factions (MO & NG) are still solidly in the bottom tier. I'll still give the enhanced spying archetype a chance, but might just have to craft some SK or Shieldwall if I'm serious about pro...

Congratulations! I was hoping to make my push for pro next season but my favored factions (MO & NG) are still solidly in the bottom tier. I'll still give the enhanced spying archetype a chance, but might just have to craft some SK or Shieldwall if I'm serious about pro...

Update - I made it to pro today! This was an aspirational goal for end of October, so really happy to make it so early.

I started the season at rank 9. My homebrewed NG spy deck (no poison) got me to rank 7 but kinda plateaued there. I ended up crafting a SK Warriors deck, which after consistent tweaks is about ~70% the same as what you'd find on a meta snapshot. Took a couple of games to learn the deck but I've been coasting since then. Went on a couple of 8+ winning streaks in ranked with it, and I was basically gaining a rank per day.

Going to try and learn some other meta decks now (NR Shieldwall or ST Nature's Gift). Hoping to compete for top 500 in November/December.

So wait, what exactly do you/we get for reaching Pro Rank? What changes then, do we get a congratulation message? :p
I wanna know if I should put effort into it or it's like just play however much you like.

Last edited:
Consider me a bad guy but if anyone reached pro rank by using one of the meta decks like @SphinxRage did - I have nothing to congratulate you with. In essence, you used someone else's strongest deck and in the process made the game more boring since many people did exactly what you did. Instead of focusing on playing you focused on winning. Personal choice, of course.

I respect players who are trying to reach pro rank by being creative, and trust me, it is certainly possible to get there without using any meta decks.

@Sensimilius, the closer you get to pro rank the less variety in the decks you'll encounter. I personally see no reason whatsoever to play in pro rank. I reach it and stop until the end of the month. You don't get a congrats message or anything, just your stats page will look slightly different. By all means, go for it to see what's there but don't expect anything special.

So wait, what exactly do you/we get for reaching Pro Rank? What changes then, do we get a congratulation message? :p
I wanna know if I should put effort into it or it's like just play however much you like.

You get 25 reward points at the end of the season in which you reach pro rank. You get a title. Otherwise, you get to play on pro ladder, against presumably harder opponents/more optimized netdecks. If you get to top 64, you get a ticket to the gwent open.

Consider me a bad guy but if anyone reached pro rank by using one of the meta decks like @SphinxRage did - I have nothing to congratulate you with. In essence, you used someone else's strongest deck and in the process made the game more boring since many people did exactly what you did. Instead of focusing on playing you focused on winning. Personal choice, of course.

I respect players who are trying to reach pro rank by being creative, and trust me, it is certainly possible to get there without using any meta decks.

@Sensimilius, the closer you get to pro rank the less variety in the decks you'll encounter. I personally see no reason whatsoever to play in pro rank. I reach it and stop until the end of the month. You don't get a congrats message or anything, just your stats page will look slightly different. By all means, go for it to see what's there but don't expect anything special.

Respectfully @StanislavOZZO, I disagree. Using a meta deck as a baseline for deck building shouldn't disqualify someone from being "deserving". Remember, all decks used by competitors in Gwent Open are public before the tournament. The fact that we still crown a champion means there is some weight associated to piloting a deck too.

I understand where you're coming from though. If someone uses an exact version of a pro's deck and only tries to mimic their moves (aka netdecking), that does seem uncreative. I think it's a misconception though that these people will "easily" blow through the competition on their way to Pro rank. Without truly understanding a deck, no matter how meta it is, you cannot react to unusual positions your opponents will put you in.

Taking the thinking of "meta decks are bad" to the extreme is impractical IMO. Should one completely ignore the existence of archetypes such as SK Warriors, NR duelers or Schirru's Sacrifice just because they exist in some format on a meta website?

Respectfully @StanislavOZZO, I disagree. Using a meta deck as a baseline for deck building shouldn't disqualify someone from being "deserving". Remember, all decks used by competitors in Gwent Open are public before the tournament. The fact that we still crown a champion means there is some weight associated to piloting a deck too.

I understand where you're coming from though. If someone uses an exact version of a pro's deck and only tries to mimic their moves (aka netdecking), that does seem uncreative. I think it's a misconception though that these people will "easily" blow through the competition on their way to Pro rank. Without truly understanding a deck, no matter how meta it is, you cannot react to unusual positions your opponents will put you in.

Taking the thinking of "meta decks are bad" to the extreme is impractical IMO. Should one completely ignore the existence of archetypes such as SK Warriors, NR duelers or Schirru's Sacrifice just because they exist in some format on a meta website?
Mate, you said it yourself, you were stuck at Level 7 with your own deck. I'd say this is more or less your real level, and it's a decent level at that.

Then you took SK warriors which is the most OP deck this month. Even if you changed a couple of cards there, it's still the meta deck with a minor tweak. Should we all congratulate you for piloting it?

Now you are going to switch from one OP deck to another - Shieldwall. If you are a Pro, why are you only able to progress with the strongest weapons available?

At that I'll leave it up to you to consider the "deserving" part.

rrc

Forum veteran
@SphinxRage, Congratulations on reaching Pro rank. It is a great feeling. I created a similar thread (with 100x more words to describe from Rank 1 to Rank 0) when I reached it, since it was simply too good of a feeling not to share with the forum. The only true authority of telling someone whether they "deserve" to be in Pro rank is "Gwent" game alone and the only true authority of whether you should feel proud and happy or not is "you".

I hate SK decks and I consider them too oppressive and too easy to play with and sometimes, I don't even return GG when the opponent plays SK and completely obliterate my homemade decks. But none of this matters when congratulating someone reaching pro for the first time. It is not like "just play SK and reach pro" since you mostly face some other netdecks and sometimes even the counter to SK and you have to be at least decent enough of a player to get to pro rank (maintaining a positive win rate in Rank 1).

Mate, you said it yourself, you were stuck at Level 7 with your own deck. I'd say this is more or less your real level, and it's a decent level at that.

Then you took SK warriors which is the most OP deck this month. Even if you changed a couple of cards there, it's still the meta deck with a minor tweak. Should we all congratulate you for piloting it?

Now you are going to switch from one OP deck to another - Shieldwall. If you are a Pro, why are you only able to progress with the strongest weapons available?

At that I'll leave it up to you to consider the "deserving" part.
Well, i agree with you about the meta deck but disagree about changing some cards.

I have 3 or 4 versions of a "same" decks, changes 2 or 3 cards in each one just to try "the best" deck. And i have a symbiose deck wich i think its better than the "meta" eeveryone uses and for me, i have create that deck (of course the base is almost the same of the meta deck)

You get 25 reward points at the end of the season in which you reach pro rank. You get a title. Otherwise, you get to play on pro ladder, against presumably harder opponents/more optimized netdecks. If you get to top 64, you get a ticket to the gwent open.
Okay, thanks, that's basically how I thought it was too.

Congrats.

Sorry but I have to burst your bubble a little.

When I first reached pro, I was thinking of reaching top 500 too. However it is really hard and frustrating even if you play meta decks.

I do hope u can do it.

Now every season I just hope to do better than I did last season. I also hope to do it by playing decks I find fun (whether meta or not). Last season I did it with monsters and this season I did it with SK lippy deck.

Btw, thousands of players reached pro rank every season.

Congrats.

Sorry but I have to burst your bubble a little.

When I first reached pro, I was thinking of reaching top 500 too. However it is really hard and frustrating even if you play meta decks.

I do hope u can do it.

Now every season I just hope to do better than I did last season. I also hope to do it by playing decks I find fun (whether meta or not). Last season I did it with monsters and this season I did it with SK lippy deck.

Btw, thousands of players reached pro rank every season.
HAHAHAH

the same here.

First time i reached rank i thought "ok, now i will try top 500...."

Just realyzed everyone wants that and its really dificult

Hello everyone, I just got to Pro. At last, Pro at last. True, in about 12 hours the season will end and I'll go back down but it's a glorious feeling nonetheless!
Just felt like sharing.

Bye

P.S.
I reached Pro in the season of the Dryad (11 hours before its end) and the contract REBEL should have been completed, but it's still open and I didn't get the title Rebel. Any thoughts?
congrats

By all means, go for it to see what's there but don't expect anything special.
Tbh low-to-mid prorank people generally treat game lighter and play all kind of jank.

Today I've met a player who opened with Hiurra...unicorn thing, then Tibor - at which point I groan because there's nothing quite as irritating as mill - and then he whips out Operator->Infiltrator and proceeds to flood his melee row with these duds, with Cinthia somewhere in-between. A mad lad, and because I played Assimilation I deemed it good tone to respond in kind, so instead of spamming Oracles, I went full retard and made it into the Infiltrator contest. Crazy fun, a GG well-earned. I'm still kinda new to the game, so I'm not sure if it ever was a meta thing, but for me it was the first time.

But that's just the most extreme example. This week I've seen Revenants, really committed Revenants with Sabrina's Inferno, Enslave 7(God help that wretched soul), Operator/Crows (gave them same treatment as the Infiltrator above, except amassing these in the graveyard actually resulted in a very valid 25+ point play in R3), Dorfs, AgLads, all kinds of Syanna things and several spiced-up netdecks with some derpy twist (like Dracoturtle Knut).

So...I'd say prorank feels pretty good. And if I meet a netdeck, I can always just forfeit and not bother - it's not like I'm ever reaching top-500.

Tbh low-to-mid prorank people generally treat game lighter and play all kind of jank.

Today I've met a player who opened with Hiurra...unicorn thing, then Tibor - at which point I groan because there's nothing quite as irritating as mill - and then he whips out Operator->Infiltrator and proceeds to flood his melee row with these duds, with Cinthia somewhere in-between. A mad lad, and because I played Assimilation I deemed it good tone to respond in kind, so instead of spamming Oracles, I went full retard and made it into the Infiltrator contest. Crazy fun, a GG well-earned. I'm still kinda new to the game, so I'm not sure if it ever was a meta thing, but for me it was the first time.

But that's just the most extreme example. This week I've seen Revenants, really committed Revenants with Sabrina's Inferno, Enslave 7(God help that wretched soul), Operator/Crows (gave them same treatment as the Infiltrator above, except amassing these in the graveyard actually resulted in a very valid 25+ point play in R3), Dorfs, AgLads, all kinds of Syanna things and several spiced-up netdecks with some derpy twist (like Dracoturtle Knut).

So...I'd say prorank feels pretty good. And if I meet a netdeck, I can always just forfeit and not bother - it's not like I'm ever reaching top-500.

Syanna because a few streamers are using it haha

Finally made my dwarf deck and even got a few wins

Wait, I am rank 1, I had 5/5 completed on my mosaic (Geralt) and I won a ranked game but I didn't progress? What am I missing? Shouldn't I get to what you call "Pro Rank"? Is there some hidden criteria here that I am missing?
Edit: Wait... let me guess.
- I had to have 1st accepted the "Pro Rank regulations" under the General settings options? Riiiight? -_- I saw that a long time ago but didn't think much of it. Is that what I am missing? I accepted it now :s just gotta win again... Right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom