I Fought The Law Bug

+
For some reason I seem to be stuck on progressing for this quest. I'm at the point where I need to call Detective Ward but he never picks up. Anyone else have this problem or a potential fix?

For some reason I seem to be stuck on progressing for this quest. I'm at the point where I need to call Detective Ward but he never picks up. Anyone else have this problem or a potential fix?
When I go to the market to find the cyberpsycho's boss the game crashes every time
Didn't have that issue seems like the quest in general is pretty bugged out rn. Might have to wait for a patch?

Most of the time quiksaving and reloading fixes 99% of all bugs. I know, it shouldn't happen, but losing 15 seconds of time isn't that bad. Try that first before posting here ;)

So I found that if you just continue to do the secondary quest item, you can still complete the quest. For example, I was stuck at the "find club entrance" quest marker, but noticed I also had a quest marker to "Go to the Peralezes' apartment". I went there even though it wasn't the active marker, and I was able to continue the quest. When I finished talking to the Peralezes', the quest completed successfully and went away.

Here's a screenshot of the apartment location on the off chance you don't have that marker. Could still be worth heading over there just in case.
20201213095005_1.jpg

If going to their apartment isn't the secondary marker you've currently got, just do whatever secondary marker you've currently got. It should let you continue.

Good luck!

I found I could select a the other quest item in the journal screen which gave me the other marker and I was able to complete the quest.

Just completed it now.
Cthlyte's right... you can select the sub-quest item to change the waypoint by going into your journal... thanks guys! :)

You don't have to go into journal to change sub-quest, for me it is tied to my "z" button, i think that's default

So uh, I got a really annoying bug in this mission, after I did the stuff River told me to do and confronted the detective and the mission tells me to call Elizabeth... and nothing happens. I just can't call her, i try to and it just closes.

Can't progress. I hope they'll patch it.

I got stuck in the same quest but near the end where you need to use the intercom. I couldn't access the intercom for some reason. A quick save and reload fixed it thankfully

I just relaoded the save from before the bug happend, for me it was after the to gang guys were f*kin around the car of River Ward, i just got stuck on the "Get In Rivers Car" and "Find The Club Entrance". Reloaded the earlier save and it got fixed when i played through it again.

Dont know how u fix it if u just played past all of it and just didnt complete, cuz ur saves get deleted as u go and create more saves.

I'm at the end of the quest where I call peralez, but agent ward is still on the phone with me. I've tried resetting my console and reloading a save, but no matter what it says hes connected and I cannot use my phone

Dude, I registered for the forums just to say Thank You. I've been stuck on this and that was the fix. You even included a screenshot of the apartment location to top it off. Seriously, thank you!

So I found that if you just continue to do the secondary quest item, you can still complete the quest. For example, I was stuck at the "find club entrance" quest marker, but noticed I also had a quest marker to "Go to the Peralezes' apartment". I went there even though it wasn't the active marker, and I was able to continue the quest. When I finished talking to the Peralezes', the quest completed successfully and went away.

Here's a screenshot of the apartment location on the off chance you don't have that marker. Could still be worth heading over there just in case.View attachment 11082050

If going to their apartment isn't the secondary marker you've currently got, just do whatever secondary marker you've currently got. It should let you continue.

Good luck!

Never had an issue with this quest in my last 3 playthroughs, got a new problem now, in the warehouse I cant seem to enter combat. Ward called me but I wasn't able to pick up the phone, could be due to that. Will reload an earlier save and see if that will fix things.

Still not fixed I'm still stuck at talk to Jefferson Ironic that barriers say broken on them to right it's broken
Post automatically merged:

Here's a screenshot of the apartment location on the off chance you don't have that marker. Could still be worth heading over there just in case.View attachment 11082050

Good luck!
The original poster was not asking this question

Attachments

• I fought the Law.JPG
    I fought the Law.JPG
    371.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Top Bottom