I found a new sword model...

+
I found a new sword model...

...but i can't seem to get it to work in the game. :mad:The sword is a prop, the model filename is "it_work_026". I change the internal name, and even tried to change some bits of code to match the other sword models, but it's all shooting in the dark, whatever i do, the game crashes or the sword never shows up at all.It's not the best looking sword or anything, but i really hate having access to something and not being able to use it...Please help.

I checked some of her posts (i think she's a she! ;D have you seen her work?), and i didn't find what could fix my problem, so i'll wait. Thanks :)

When you change the mdb's this way you described, the name must have the same count of letters, f.e. it_work_026 can be changed into a name with only 11 letters.But I don't know, if this works on a work item, because those it_work... things are not really placeables, they are working animations like play lute or swordfighting.

I think i've used this method before with NWN2 mdb files and i think it worked, but that was sometime ago, and i don't really remember what i did exactly! :whatthe:I don't know about work items though, i mean basically they're just models, and the format appears to be the same, then again, i don't have much experience with modeling, so i really don't know!

Sorry for the delay.Even though all .mdb's are just models, they tend to have their "hook points" placed differently, which results in weird handling by characters.What are you trying to do, precisely? Make a character use the sword being forged as an actual weapon? As long as you create an item template (.uti) using that model, giving the proper item type and number and stuff, you should have no problem giving it to a character to swing around. Additional properties should identify it as a sword that can be used for swordfighting abilities.I don't think any messing around in the intestines of the .mdb is necessary...-- Sinus (a 'he'. Ailinon is a 'she'. Confused? :p )

Ailinon said:
Sorry for the delay.
No prob! :)
Ailinon said:
Even though all .mdb's are just models, they tend to have their "hook points" placed differently, which results in weird handling by characters.What are you trying to do, precisely? Make a character use the sword being forged as an actual weapon? As long as you create an item template (.uti) using that model, giving the proper item type and number and stuff, you should have no problem giving it to a character to swing around. Additional properties should identify it as a sword that can be used for swordfighting abilities.I don't think any messing around in the intestines of the .mdb is necessary...
I'm trying to add another sword, witch already exists, to the sword collection, i mean it's already there!So all i have to do is change the base item type, i'll try that and let you know..
Ailinon said:
-- Sinus (a 'he'. Ailinon is a 'she'. Confused? :p )
???...mmmmm..uh...Got it! :wall:EDIT: It worked, but i had to create a new entry in baseitems.2da, and change names of some textures, but it works! Thanks everyone for the input... :D

That model looks pretty much like the "Temerian Steel Sword" Picture, if I am not mistaken.Maybe this could be usd to change the models, so the guards (and others) don't run around with swords that look like their Geralts :D

great!! :beer:guess i have to ask for another permission :p.can i include this discovery in my mod? ::)no shared files needed, i'll implement it myself. you work as an inspiration. :)

Top Bottom