I get SO FRUSTRATED when decisions are forced on me in a game :/

+
I get SO FRUSTRATED when decisions are forced on me in a game :/

I absolutely love the witcher 3 and I do think it's is the best RPG game to come out since PCs were invented.

However, NOTHING makes me more frustrated than plot decisions being forced on me, particularly when I really don't want to go down that route...

example : Yen steals mask from druid, ok I didn't want to do it, but had no choice in the matter, not that big a deal (I have no idea what the thing is anyway)

But then when I meet the druid and he actually explains what the mask is, I really really don't want Yen to use it, I know she's wrong to have stolen it and there's nothing I can do about it but go on and be her accomplice ....

Then when she hands me the mask, so she can see through my eyes, I'm thinking, awesome, I can run up the hill and simply give it back to the druid.

Nope, can't interact with druid and I am left with no other choice but to follow the quest objectives.

Basically, like a mouse in a maze, like a wagon on a rail, the game no longer becomes a RPG at this point, I'm not role playing anymore, it's not even a game, I'm just watching what's going on like it were a movie. Interactive DVD is what it is.

End of rant xD

Look how well made script scenes and voiceover in many languages. For every decision there should be unique one. It's a bit too much work for devs and content for our hdd and time )). You can not ignore quality/quantity law.

It's a bit too much work for devs and content for our hdd and time ))

Sure, and that's why bioware managed to make not only voice acting for each of 3-6 options in EVERY player responce (when in Witcher you usually have only one main responce, and few questions), but also two voices for main character, depending on gender. And that was not "too much work".

Sure, and that's why bioware managed to make not only voice acting for each of 3-6 options in EVERY player responce (when in Witcher you usually have only one main responce, and few questions), but also two voices for main character, depending on gender. And that was not "too much work".
Yeah Bioware the guys that tell you: Pick the first response for the good answer, the second for the neutral and the third for the bad one. And in the end your decision don't matter because you can change all that through a dialogue

To be fair, that was all Yennefer's doing.

I thought it was hilarious she used the Mask when you were getting things explained to you.

And still you can say different things and see how people will react on them. I miss that in Witcher a lot, because sometime i just DO NOT want to say something that Geralt says, and want my answer to be nicer or more brutal, but... i don't have any options.

And still you can say different things and see how people will react on them. I miss that in Witcher a lot, because sometime i just DO NOT want to say something that Geralt says, and want my answer to be nicer or more brutal, but... i don't have any options.

Yeah, but it's a trade off. Geralt being a well-defined character means they can tell deeper stories than if you were just getting generic answers.

I like the sense of realism in many cases. These are people, and people often times make up their minds regardless of what their friends are saying. Yen was going to go through with it regardless of what Geralt did.

Sometimes this is taken too far, though, and the Witcher can't stop what he should be able to stop.

URGH !! not that I mean to bump or anything but after doing a ton of side quests and witcher contracts I finally keep going in the main story, fast forward, and here I am taking the cursed "monstrosity" back to my keep when 6 riders catch up and insist that I follow them to see the Emperor because I refused to report previously.

errr, no, NO ffs, oh great there's an option to say no! awesome!!!

Actually, once you say no, they insist and Gerald says ok...

As much as I love the game (and I really do love the game), I'm really starting to hate these kind of moments, not to mention that Yen's been patronising Gerald from the start and he's been acting like her lapdog it's horrible !

a) you don't think that after killing entire villages of bandits, monsters, giants, ogres, Gerald could take on 6 soldiers? (or at least run away?)
b) I request an option to break up with yen plz! Triss'll do fine, thanks :)

So yeah, it's not game breaking, but ARGH so frustrating sometimes :p

So Yen should have no say in the matter? Maybe you haven't been paying attention but she will do whatever SHE wants to do. She is her own person.

Actually, Yen, even while her methods are questionable, was right in those examples (mask, and garden).. she didnt do it because she doesnt care about consequences, but she did it to save Ciri. Everything else is secondary to her, and (book) Geralt would understand it as well. plus, considering his behavior to certain people who he suspected hurt Ciri... Yen's biggest wish was always to have a child.. Ciri is her adoptive daughter, there is absolutely nothing she wouldn't do to protect her.

Actually, Yen, even while her methods are questionable, was right in those examples (mask, and garden).. she didnt do it because she doesnt care about consequences, but she did it to save Ciri. Everything else is secondary to her, and (book) Geralt would understand it as well. plus, considering his behavior to certain people who he suspected hurt Ciri... Yen's biggest wish was always to have a child.. Ciri is her adoptive daughter, there is absolutely nothing she wouldn't do to protect her.

Which is kind of cool because Ciri would be HORRIFIED by this.

The old Archdruid on the island is one of her surrogate father-figures and loves her almost as much as Geralt and Yennefer, if not as much.

And Yennefer took a risk of killing him and all of his flock.

Imagine how Ciri would feel if they died because of her?

Remember how she reacted with Vesemir?

They could've done well with a [....] dialogue option, just like Telltale games do it. Sometimes that would've felt like the most appropriate response Geralt could've given.

I absolutely love the witcher 3 and I do think it's is the best RPG game to come out since PCs were invented.

However, NOTHING makes me more frustrated than plot decisions being forced on me, particularly when I really don't want to go down that route...

example : Yen steals mask from druid, ok I didn't want to do it, but had no choice in the matter, not that big a deal (I have no idea what the thing is anyway)

But then when I meet the druid and he actually explains what the mask is, I really really don't want Yen to use it, I know she's wrong to have stolen it and there's nothing I can do about it but go on and be her accomplice ....

Then when she hands me the mask, so she can see through my eyes, I'm thinking, awesome, I can run up the hill and simply give it back to the druid.

Nope, can't interact with druid and I am left with no other choice but to follow the quest objectives.

Basically, like a mouse in a maze, like a wagon on a rail, the game no longer becomes a RPG at this point, I'm not role playing anymore, it's not even a game, I'm just watching what's going on like it were a movie. Interactive DVD is what it is.

End of rant xD

At that point, when Yen hands you the mask, it's already been activated. Yen can't use it since she needs to be able to trace the magic and can't do that while also wearing it. But it would have been pointless for Geralt at that moment to try and give it back to Ermion as it's already been activated and therefore rendered useless as an artifact just as Ermion stated when Yen tried to return it after using it. The damage had already been done at that point.

But that scene was just another in the long list of reasons why I really hated Yen. She knew Geralt would disagree with her choices and basically wrangled him into doing what she wanted. She's always doing shit like that and I can't stand her for it.

---------- Updated at 11:17 AM ----------

So Yen should have no say in the matter? Maybe you haven't been paying attention but she will do whatever SHE wants to do. She is her own person.

Read that as : BITCH.

Top Bottom