"I got cyberpunked.. "

+
I can imagine this will be the future slang for Situations where you got so much hyped of an ad and just got in such a bad situation regretting it when the product is finally in your ownership without possibility to give it back.

"Hell with this car I got cyberpunked.. Just a Prius was delivered and I wanted a Dodge Ram.. Hell nah.."

:coolstory: only thing preventing this will the situation after the free dlcs - maybe. I just want to claim I will put a Trademark on it.

I can imagine this will be the future slang for Situations where you got so much hyped of an ad and just got in such a bad situation regretting it when the product is finally in your ownership without possibility to give it back.

"Hell with this car I got cyberpunked.. Just a Prius was delivered and I wanted a Dodge Ram.. Hell nah.."

:coolstory: only thing preventing this will the situation after the free dlcs - maybe. I just want to claim I will put a Trademark on it.
Why not? When a company pulls a bait and switch, or releases a yearly game that hasnt fixed bugs from previous years its called getting "EA'D"

The game was on its way to being one of the best games ever created up until 2018 when Keanu Reeves got involved. Then some genius over at CDPR decided to scrap everything and build the game around Johnny Silverhand. Now we have what we have. A mediocre boring game with some of the weakest RPG mechanics/features I have ever seen and a big beautiful world that feels dead. So disappointing.

You know, No Man's Sky was one type of Meme. Now it's another type.

CDPR is not going to abandon CP2077.

You know a week ago I said the same thing, that there was no way that CDPR would abandon this game.

That was before a lawsuit, stock prices haven't risen, Sony pulled it from their market, and most glaringly not a single official peep from the people in charge about what they plan to do to make their customers happy.

Oh we've gotten a couple of patches that have put band-aids on a gushing wound, but the fact that the managers at CDPR have stayed completely silent during all this, makes we wonder what they are planning.

My take is if it was something good, they'd be trumpeting it to the high heavens right now in order to save face and attempt to raise stock prices and counter all the negativity surrounding the game.

Instead they've stayed quiet and rolled around in their money while crying, which to me kind of means nothing good is being planned.

Right now I think they are keeping their heads done on orders due to the legal actions. They need to make sure they do no say or promise something that could be used against them using the hearings. Their best bet is to keep their heads down and just focus on the work.

I am not so sure I would call the PC experience a "gushing wound". The game has issues but on the PC it is not to the same level as the consoles and is actually very playable. It still needs work but it is not the mess that the previous generation consoles have seen.

You know a week ago I said the same thing, that there was no way that CDPR would abandon this game.

That was before a lawsuit, stock prices haven't risen, Sony pulled it from their market, and most glaringly not a single official peep from the people in charge about what they plan to do to make their customers happy.

Oh we've gotten a couple of patches that have put band-aids on a gushing wound, but the fact that the managers at CDPR have stayed completely silent during all this, makes we wonder what they are planning.

My take is if it was something good, they'd be trumpeting it to the high heavens right now in order to save face and attempt to raise stock prices and counter all the negativity surrounding the game.

Instead they've stayed quiet and rolled around in their money while crying, which to me kind of means nothing good is being planned.

And they come to post about a patch and bathe in fanboi adoration but none with the spine to acknowledge the criticism prevalent on the forum.

Right now I think they are keeping their heads done on orders due to the legal actions. They need to make sure they do no say or promise something that could be used against them using the hearings. Their best bet is to keep their heads down and just focus on the work.

I am not so sure I would call the PC experience a "gushing wound". The game has issues but on the PC it is not to the same level as the consoles and is actually very playable. It still needs work but it is not the mess that the previous generation consoles have seen.

I agree with you, plus - it has been interesting to see people confusing criticism with hate speech on the internet ... in general, they are the ones who live accusing others of being fans of something ... as if being a fan or not of something, undercuting a word of a critic, even any fan.

I think maybe last week I would have believed it. But it in 17 days your lawyers can't generate up a neutral statement, you need new lawyers.

Also here's the thing. What's more important, your dedicated and loyal customers or a lawsuit. How hard would it have been to say something along the lines of "Obviously launch didn't go as well as we had hoped for, but we are listening to all the great feedback that you, our loyal customers, are giving us, and we intend to consider each and every suggestion and come to a conclusion of the best way to go forward"

Sure its a standard canned worthless PR statement, that says nothing of substance, but at this point it's better then total silence.

We haven't even got that, because if as you say the lawsuit is more important to them then even acknowledging their fan base.

Their silence makes me think they learned a valuable lesson about over-hyping their ability to deliver on a project which had a scope that was undeliverable on the majority of hardware.

We will get what they give us as they come to better grips with the hardware they have to work with. All of the issues that they are having would have been caught by a third party QA company had COVID-19 not completely prevented that process from occurring. Those companies test A LOT of hardware configs so would have noted the serious issues on low-end hardware. A lot of gamers, especially on PC and last gen consoles, haven't yet come to grips with the fact that their hardware isn't going to measure up to most new graphics demands thanks to the 20XX series of Nvidia gpus and later. The GTX 1080ti is now on the low-end of medium tier gaming rigs. There isn't a great deal of optimization that is going to deliver amazing visuals to those systems. The PS4/Xbone base systems are both now medium tier laptops in terms of gaming performance. They would have to rip out the entire lighting system and reimplement better rasterized lighting to massively increase visual fidelity on those platforms and older cards. It won't happen, their deal with Nvidia will actively prevent it from occurring (there is a reason there is a Nvidia RTX logo in the opening scrawl).

Realistically this game only released because there was no third party QA telling them to chill the fuck out and finish their game.

As for rolling in their money, nah, half to three quarters of them are sitting at home stressed about whether they will have a job this time next year, and probably tormenting themselves while reading our threads. Their dev's aren't talking to us because they are with their families, and because engaging with us is a terrible idea for the devs themselves. Management has indicated a desire to fix the game, what that means is anyone's guess at this point, but it is confirmed to including making it playable, not pretty but playable, on last gen consoles. Then we will have bug fixes, more patching, minor content patches, balance patches and so forth and so on.

I highly doubt that they will release a roadmap, because their roadmap depends entirely on the amount of performance they can squeeze out of the older toasters half of us are running (games unplayable on my 2 year old, $3k gaming laptop for instance and compared to my desktop that thing is a fucking toaster). Folks need to keep in mind that performance is what is going to be the primary limiting factor on what additional features are implemented. Half the bugs we see in game are related to the performance of our systems. This includes when the physics engine breaks for some folks, as I have yet to see it happen in my game, where as some other games have multiple flying cars in the same area.

"YOU JUST GOT CYBERPUNK'D!"
cyberpunkd.jpg

I thought I started it lol. Turns out Cyberpunk'd has been around awhile here if you search :p

Oh no and there goes my trademark. Sadly.. Well theres nothing not on the internet it seems. :shrug: :ok:
Post automatically merged:

I agree with you, plus - it has been interesting to see people confusing criticism with hate speech on the internet ... in general, they are the ones who live accusing others of being fans of something ... as if being a fan or not of something, undercuting a word of a critic, even any fan.

Jeah your right. Didn't also loose the hope on the vision. But pulling this off seems more and more a really heavy task and not sure if they can turn it around and deliver it like it should have been the game breaker and next step on the ladder. For me it feels like they took a way too big bite what they could swallow. Perfect of what advertisement can and can't do. You can make people follow you and love you, but it the end, it can't change the fact that time and development and creativity can't be pushed.

Would say that they sure need to concentrate on now certain things like the lawsuit and damage control and yes also for me the experience of bugs was minor, but for my opinion it was a gushing wound in Form of trust and end content.

That Form which led me mouth open, and not the one who sparkles joy.

Why not? When a company pulls a bait and switch, or releases a yearly game that hasnt fixed bugs from previous years its called getting "EA'D"

Haha didn't know that, thank you for the information.

Last edited:
Suburo Arasaka an old man was seen in 2023 as well as in 2077. How thats possible being already an old man in 2023 is still live in 2077.

I think maybe last week I would have believed it. But it in 17 days your lawyers can't generate up a neutral statement, you need new lawyers.

Also here's the thing. What's more important, your dedicated and loyal customers or a lawsuit. How hard would it have been to say something along the lines of "Obviously launch didn't go as well as we had hoped for, but we are listening to all the great feedback that you, our loyal customers, are giving us, and we intend to consider each and every suggestion and come to a conclusion of the best way to go forward"

Sure its a standard canned worthless PR statement, that says nothing of substance, but at this point it's better then total silence.

We haven't even got that, because if as you say the lawsuit is more important to them then even acknowledging their fan base.
You're right, just a neutral PR Textbook statement, no promises, no roadmap... wouldn't hurt, would it?

The game was on its way to being one of the best games ever created up until 2018 when Keanu Reeves got involved. Then some genius over at CDPR decided to scrap everything and build the game around Johnny Silverhand. Now we have what we have. A mediocre boring game with some of the weakest RPG mechanics/features I have ever seen and a big beautiful world that feels dead. So disappointing.
Is it true ? Can you indicate some sources about this ? I am very interested because I have some ideas about how cinema star system fuck up game design and that would of huge help if I can have a reliable source for the future.

Is it true ? Can you indicate some sources about this ? I am very interested because I have some ideas about how cinema star system fuck up game design and that would of huge help if I can have a reliable source for the future.

The radio-guys says that JS died a year earlier. Nothing with 50 years, Arasaka-Tower etc. Doesn't fit to the story in the released game.
Oh, and of course we got no cutscenes, overnight-visitors in the game, either. But hey... "work in progress"

Top Bottom