I guess Aglais - Eithne is done for now

+
I guess Aglais - Eithne is done for now

After seeing the stream yesterday, I think that the complete Eithne - Aglais - Isengrim Build is done for now.

Reason: Commanders Horn, prop. Decoy, prop. Last Wish will not be in the graveyard after one use.

I´m actually really looking forward to see more variety in decks after the patch, Dwarfs, Skellige self hurting may actually be playable now.

What do you guys think?

Eithne-Aglais is still a thing, but it is not a exploit anymore.
I'm glad they nerfed Isengrim for the same reason: last round exploit.
For the record, I'm a Scoia player since day one. My overall understanding on the patch is that they have tried to limit those "all winning" combos, and I'm good with that. I'll definitely put Isengrim back on my deck after patch.
And Dwarves seems playable at last; I'm more of an elf lady myself, but I'll try a Dwarf Power deck. The same thing for ambushes, now that they've made wardancer stronger, and if they fix FT, I can see interesting sinergies with Aelireen and Saskia. I see people everywhere ranting about the nerfs for all factions, so maybe I'm an odd person, but I think that it'll provide more variety to the game.
So, yeah, I'm a Scoia and I'm glad they nerfed us ;)

Last edited:
Yeah Isengrim is definitely different, but Aglais - Eithne is still a great combo. It's just that the dominating scoia'tael control special build that ends with Isengrim is done.

But with all the good special cards vanishing after playing, I guess reinforcement and the revive from Skellige as well, I don´t see much use for Aglais, or will you play her with Thunderbolt twice?

Can Nature'sGift still copy the decoy or horn ? If so, you can still use her to copy NG after one of those is played or is not possible ?

oh, ok , if Nature's Gift is also Fleeting i guess Aglais will not be an auto-include in ST decks anymore .

Well, it depends on wich card will be of the fleeting category. If you can still use, for example, Last Wish, Dimeritium bomb, and weather cards, Aglais still has her use. But I think that putting her at five strengh is another thing. Easily nuked before using Eithné on her.

Aglais and Eithne is still great and you can use it in so many ways. It's less open now for exploits which is a good thing.

floelein;n7137370 said:
But with all the good special cards vanishing after playing, I guess reinforcement and the revive from Skellige as well, I don´t see much use for Aglais, or will you play her with Thunderbolt twice?

It depends on how many cards are fleeting. As long as aeromancy isn't fleeting, she is still a must have for me personally.

devivre;n7138550 said:
Aglais and Eithne is still great and you can use it in so many ways. It's less open now for exploits which is a good thing.

Don't see how when you can't use them together at all, i just tried it post patch and it wouldn't let me replay Aglais.

Self wounding SK is still missing gold cards that have any synergy with that mechanism tho.
Birna Bran is discard/rez, Ermion is discard/rez, Cerys is rez/discard , Lugos is discard, Hjalmar used to be able to get a combo with a savage bear+Harald but no longer the case, Kambi has its own combo with Hjalmar but isn't really in any of the archetype precisely.
None of the neutral gold card are having synergy, either.

it's playable, but more has hybrids self wound/discard/rez than simply self wounding.
it's clearly lacking cards to go full self wounding imo.

Played a guy who tried to emulate the pré-patch spell control build. Won first round against me, destroyed my ciri with iorveth. I went third round just with a high strength monster on the board and a gold on hand (was playing monsters) he had +2 card advantage. Dropped my gold, 17 strength on the board on my side... guy looks to the board... and forfeit.

No win condition anymore. New isengrim mechanic pretty much killed that build above anything else.

i fail to see how the ability to spam all the specials from BOTH graveyards can be considered done. every f time i see isengrim as an opening card, i know i will face one of the most unbalanced decks from the game, second only to m-f radovid.

geok1ng;n7171290 said:
i fail to see how the ability to spam all the specials from BOTH graveyards can be considered done. every f time i see isengrim as an opening card, i know i will face one of the most unbalanced decks from the game, second only to m-f radovid.

We are talking about the pré-patch build. Now there is other build around, but it works differently from the one pré-patch.

I would even say its arguably better now.

Laveley;n7171480 said:
We are talking about the pré-patch build. Now there is other build around, but it works differently from the one pré-patch.

I would even say its arguably better now.

Do you want the pre-patch Isengrim back?

Top Bottom