I hate the UI (TW2)

+
I hate the UI (TW2)

I find the UI in the Witcher 2 too busy, ugly, overly complicated and difficult to manage with too much flipping back and forth. As a result, I spend as little time as possible in the UI which is a shame because I spent a lot of time in the various UI screens in TW1 making potions and such.

I checked the Nexus and there's really only one UI mod and that just changes some filtering. I guess I'm looking for a complete overhaul which is probably not going to happen.

Motoki said:
I find the UI in the Witcher 2 too busy, ugly, overly complicated and difficult to manage with too much flipping back and forth. As a result, I spend as little time as possible in the UI which is a shame because I spent a lot of time in the various UI screens in TW1 making potions and such.

I checked the Nexus and there's really only one UI mod and that just changes some filtering. I guess I'm looking for a complete overhaul which is probably not going to happen.

Dito, but too bad CDP! The Interface would give so much of the Lore, but alas thats only in the Witcher1. Its overly nested, torn apart, too huge UI items yet still isnt capable of transmitting complete information. (As the scrolling item descriptions). Its a shame for the game.

galdor

Forum veteran
I just wish they allowed for hotkeys to work within the menus. It's stupid to have to leave the particular menu (eg. map) in order to enter another (like inventory). Why can't I just push a hotkey for the second one? :(

RageGT

Forum veteran
Galdor said:
I just wish they allowed for hotkeys to work within the menus. It's stupid to have to leave the particular menu (eg. map) in order to enter another (like inventory). Why can't I just push a hotkey for the second one? :(

Because there is no hotkey on console controllers? the UI was clearly made with consoles in mind as they've said it themselves and I hate it badly that some of it seems a lousy port to PC like ME2 lack of mouse wheel and double click functions. But Mass Effect 2 is indeed a console game ported to the PC while TW2 is not!

The game was made for PC gamers by PC gamers who love PC games, like they said. But the UI was made by someone who knows nothing of how a good PC game UI works!

Top Bottom