I Have a mid end PC and witcher 3 lags like a** for my pc

+
i recently got the game and it ran 30-40 fps on high-ultra settings but then i restarted my pc the next day and guess what i got 11 - 12 fps regardless of what setting i used weather that be low or high pls help

my pc specs :
i5 7300hq
gtx 1050m 4gb
8gb ram
1 tb storage

If the game worked fine before restarting the PC, I’m wondering what changed on your computer? Are there any windows updates pending? Did you update anything? Did you overclock something on your PC (hardware over or underclocking often causes problems with TW3)?

Maybe check your task manager, it‘s possible that other programs are running that slow down your PC. I‘d definitely close every program you don‘t really need.

If this is a laptop, be sure it's plugged in while playing games as demanding as TW3.

Also, it sounds like it could be using your onboard video instead of the GPU card. You could try forcing the GTX 1050 through the Nvida Control Panel's game-specific settings for witcher3.exe. Manage 3D settings ---> CUDA - GPUs ---> select only the 1050.

If the game worked fine before restarting the PC, I’m wondering what changed on your computer? Are there any windows updates pending? Did you update anything? Did you overclock something on your PC (hardware over or underclocking often causes problems with TW3)?

Maybe check your task manager, it‘s possible that other programs are running that slow down your PC. I‘d definitely close every program you don‘t really need.
Yup Restarting worked just fine i get back to 40 fps i used to get life is great thanks 4 the suggestion

Top Bottom