i have a question.

+
i have a question.

hey guys i don't know if this was discussed before but i have a question and i didn't realize this until my third playthrough of the w1, so my question is if letho auckes and serrit were the only assassins of kings who was the witcher who tried to kill king foltest at the end of w1?

Likely a companion of Letho, sent to take out Temeria's king--but he didn't count on one man!

Based on Letho's words here. Skip to 21:27. He mentions to fellow Viper Witcher that are still alive.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9J51Mte7zM&list=SPE598273639F89FA4[/media]

His words indicate they are still Witchers, unlike Letho who is no better than a corrupt Judge.

And we don't like law breakers do we Dredd?

The unsuccessful assassin is never identified. It's a reasonable inference that Letho, Serrit, and Auckes (Egan) are not the only assassins. Letho does not identify the two other known Viper witchers, nor does he say they are involved in the assassinations. The other assassin isn't unambiguously identified as a Viper witcher. He may even have been part of a different plot. So it's somewhere between a question intentionally not answered and a plot hole.

GuyN said:
So it's somewhere between a question intentionally not answered and a plot hole.

Either that or the writers figured we'd make the obvious inference and didn't think his name was important.

Alextyc1 said:
I wonder why we never even had the option to ask letho about that assassin

Well, it's either some sooper sekrit plot twist thingy, or they just kinda forgot about it. I tend to favor the latter because having it be some parallel conspiracy or backup plan or whatever doesn't make sense given that absolutely nobody in the game even so much as hints at such a thing. The possibility is just never raised. Having it turn out to be something like that would, to me, be bad writing. And even moreso because the whole reason Geralt got involved in the whole mess is because of the failed attempt on Foltest. I mean, the event that leads Geralt into discovering the whole kingslaying conspiracy wasn't actually part of that conspiracy at all? No. Bad. And then there's the fact that they already played a somewhat similar card with Letho lucking into Sile and Phillipa's plan to kill Demavend, causing him to drop the original plan to ice Thyssen first.

the assassin who failed does actually get a mention right at the start when you talk to foltest.
you have the option to either tell him that he was a witcher.. or to not. i assume either option wouldn't make a difference. and that's the last he is mentioned.

Most likely one of Letho boys, and the devs simply forgot to mention him in a final conversation with Letho. He was a witcher, after all. It would be highly unlikely that someone else used a southern witcher to assassinate Foiltest (Geralt knows all the witchers in the North).

vivaxardas said:
Most likely one of Letho boys, and the devs simply forgot to mention him in a final conversation with Letho. He was a witcher, after all. It would be highly unlikely that someone else used a southern witcher to assassinate Foiltest (Geralt knows all the witchers in the North).

Yep, I think the devs actually said at one point they forgot to include him in the story.
You can also see a fourth guy standing next to Serrit and Aucks in the final flashback. In the video Glaroug posted you can see that fourth guy at 14:13.

Top Bottom