I have been using Scio'tael exlusively since i started playing

+
ladies and gentlemen i'm officially cardsharp, and i never got there by weather spamming or rot tossing. Purely with ST elves all the way.

Cheers.

:cheers:

Got to 17 with my Elves, having a bit of trouble with weather now decks, so i rearranged my deck a bit, i now have three clear skies and two elven spies along with my dwarven merceneries. It's working great for deck thinning and anti weather.

Having said that, there has been a few times where i have played all bronze units without realizing and rallied last round only to draw no cards.

Broke 4k myself with Eithne control but decided to take a break. Meta is about as interesting as watching paint dry..... Considered seeing how high I could get but likely just waiting for the next patch.

Which weather deck is causing you issues?

Restlessdingo32;n9164400 said:
Broke 4k myself with Eithne control but decided to take a break. Meta is about as interesting as watching paint dry..... Considered seeing how high I could get but likely just waiting for the next patch.

Which weather deck is causing you issues?

Iv'e gotten over the weather, it's really the CA that Monsters can get that really fucks with me, high level nekkers, earth elementals, harpy eggs, the resilent consuming vampire and frieghtner.

They simple have too many cards that stay on the board. It's such a hassle dealing with them all.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n9169490 said:
Iv'e gotten over the weather, it's really the CA that Monsters can get that really fucks with me, high level nekkers, earth elementals, harpy eggs, the resilent consuming vampire and frieghtner.

They simple have too many cards that stay on the board. It's such a hassle dealing with them all.

What build are you running? The counter cards for the units you listed are out there. It's difficult to determine if they fit without seeing your deck though. Provided you have no issue sharing of course :).

Shackles and lock cards are the only counter for carry over units and there are only so many i can carry on my person without seriously hampering my numbers on the board.

Nekkers are the worst though, they get boosted from consuming, they return if killed and they carry over till then end of the game if not shackled. WTF

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n9181981 said:
Nekkers are the worst though, they get boosted from consuming, they return if killed and they carry over till then end of the game if not shackled. WTF

*whistles* Oi, boys, get the gang together!

R.I.P. Nekkers

The update/hotfix made things very easy. I got from rank 6 to rank 16, using a not exactly ideal 35 card deck. Only in the last 3-4 games before i hit rank 16, i tweaked it a bit and ditched 6 cards.

Regarding the MO carry over, i always do whatever i can to kill the eggs etc so there's no carry over for the next round.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n9181981 said:
Shackles and lock cards are the only counter for carry over units and there are only so many i can carry on my person without seriously hampering my numbers on the board.

Mardroeme counters Nekkers since weakening a unit to 0 power banishes it. If you kill a Nekker it pulls another from the deck. If you banish a Nekker it doesn't.

In terms of eggs... You really have two choices. Either destroy them and give away +2 points per egg or don't and let it get 3 carry-over per egg. Cards like Lacerate work well, although it's a positive point gain for MS if you use it on a row with 2 eggs and a Harpy alone (Harpy+2 eggs is 5 pts, Lacerate kills all 3 but they get +6 from 2 eggs). Just be careful with popping eggs. If a 3 pt regular Harpy drops by stuff like Earth Elementals or a Nekker it will trigger the Deathwish (and.. it shouldn't do this IMO).

MS really depends on whether it's Consume, Swarm or Eredin (yes, they still exist).

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n9190551 said:
I didn't know madrenome banished nekkers. This changes things.

Yeah, Mardroeme works well vs a good number of decks too. So it isn't usually going to be a dead card. Unlike some other cards which shall remain nameless....

I hit 3700 a couple days ago, having used a mulligan deck exclusively from 2800 with a 55% winrate.

I'm sure I could climb faster with dwarves or the scorch/control ST decks, but I enjoy mulligan playstyle.

Plus, it's nice to play a deck that nobody is playing right now. I think I've faced a true mulligan deck maybe 10 times in 500 or so total games (casual + ranked) since OB began.

I've been playing with them a lot, I really like the units. But I lose a ton of matches. Maybe it's just me and I suck. I do wish there were more units, they have the least of all...

dune3001;n9499031 said:
I've been playing with them a lot, I really like the units. But I lose a ton of matches. Maybe it's just me and I suck. I do wish there were more units, they have the least of all...

Playing a faction you stylistically enjoy over supplicating to the meta for nothing but the wins is a sign of great character IMO.

This ones for you. :cheers:

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n9529211 said:
Playing a faction you stylistically enjoy over supplicating to the meta for nothing but the wins is a sign of great character IMO.

This ones for you. :cheers:

Well said!

Top Bottom