I have done every single gig, every single cyberpsycho and almost all ncpd scanner and sidequest and still NO armadillo crafting spec.

+
Title. The change to have crafting specs being random is absolute trash, it would have been ok if there were more boxes that had the loot pool or that you cannot get duplicates. The way it is now is absolutely NOT OK. I've almost literally cleared the whole map and STILL do not have the crafting spec but i did get the street smart mod spec SIX TIMES. SIX! Either make it so you cannot get duplicated or increase the amount of times you can find a spec because this is absolutely ridiculous.

Not just that, crafting on my save is completely broken. Stats are always the same for any weapon or armor i make. Every roll is identical, including weapon types and stats. Why did I spend 18 stat points into crafting again? I cannot even get a 'better' weapon this way.

This game has such potential, truly. The story and detail that was put into it is incredible but I can't on good conscience recommend this to anyone with the constant balance changes and stupid decisions that are made just to create ' Difficulty'. I literally did everything in the game and still cannot get the basic crafting specs or any benefit from crafting in general. Yet another skill hammered into the ground and completely useless.

Thanks CD, great job. I'm out.

Why did I spend 18 stat points into crafting again? I cannot even get a 'better' weapon this way.
You "earn" the ability to craft legendary weapons & clothes (and maybe mods too), something impossible for those who don't have 18 in tech...
I don't really know, what could have changed... Except about the stats which are now fixed in fuction of the weapon level, which is also fixed in function of your own level... (but it's a part of "gameplay rebalancing" in 1.5, like armadillo nerf, number of slot mod nerf,...)

I mean sure, but it takes away some of the biggest benefit of crafting where you make a customized build around certain stats. If every single weapon or amor you craft is yet another generic stat item then there's not much point. I might as well walk up to the nearest clothing/weapon store and buy the same stats from them.

I mean sure, but it takes away some of the biggest benefit of crafting where you make a customized build around certain stats. If every single weapon or amor you craft is yet another generic stat item then there's not much point. I might as well walk up to the nearest clothing/weapon store and buy the same stats from them.
Yep, but to take weapons as example :
You craft whatever the one in legendary, it cost few components of each rarity (so in short > nothing). The same in a shop, cost more than 30-50K eddies in function of your level :)
Without counting that there are many iconic weapons that you can only craft in epic/legendary (so unavailable anywhere else).

A Legendary Overwatch is far better than a rare Overwatch :)
(and even if you upgrade your "rare" Overwatch to the level 50, yes it would be powerful too. But if you pickup it at level 20 for example, it would cost a hell of a bunch components to reach the level 50^^)

Edit : And about crafting specs (like armadillo), I found them mostly during exploration (and not during GIGs/Quests). Arroyo is a good spot for crafting specs generally :)

Last edited:
With Perks in the crafting tree crafted Items should always be better than store bought items, the randomization has been changed a bit, but the actual power/effectiveness of weapons/gear will always be slightly higher in crafted items if you have spent perks in that tree.

As for the Drop rate on specs I agree they do need to tweak the rates and change how duplicates work, make them sellable or reduced chances of duplicate or give components or something because I've gotten the same "legendary" spec way too many times but have a relatively limited number of mods I can actually make (New character since 1.5 if anyone wanted clarification)

I found the armadillo plan in the basement of the quest where you rescue soul. That's the only place I have consistently found it since 1.5. I looked for it there after reading a post by LeKill3rFou. I have found it twice there but do not know if that is a permanent location. I like the randomness of it tbh, it stops me having a prepared optimal route for a playthrough

I found the armadillo plan in the basement of the quest where you rescue soul.
Yep, underground where there are 2 dudes and the girl behind the door (and the girl butchered by the wraiths). There are 3 crafting specs right there in this room (with luck, there is armadillo one) and other one in the garage too. It's a "good spot" :)
I like the randomness of it tbh, it stops me having a prepared optimal route for a playthrough
Me too, and it's exactly the goal I suppose :)
And even better, clothes and weapons in GIG containers are generally also random. So you can get different very good stuff in each playthrough :)

i'm more worried about meeting the boxer Razor without having Armadillo crafting spec to somewhat be tanky.

You shouldn't, armor doesn't count in melee fights (so 3K armor or no armor, it's the same) ;)

When you say "melee" you mean H2H correct? Blade damage is still reduced by armor correct? In my part of the world "melee" usually refers to weapons like swords, clubs and axe and such.

When you say "melee" you mean H2H correct? Blade damage is still reduced by armor correct? In my part of the world "melee" usually refers to weapons like swords, clubs and axe and such.
Honestly, I'm not sure :)
I remember in 1.31 (so with 4K+ armor) that Arasaka dudes (or girls) with katana literally "slice" me in two or three hits whereas I could easily endure few "close range" shootgun hits (or even stay in front of a dude with a Lexington without any risk).
My guess : all the melee attacks ignore the armor (with blunt weapons, blades or gorilla arms,...)

But if nothing changed, for Beat On The Brat, it's sure :)
Tested in 1.31 with around 8K armor and 1.5K armor, the same with RHINO, two punches and I was down^^

Last edited:
From https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor

Not tested in 1.5 but certainly it didn't stop melee damage pre 1.5

1649298623125.png

Top Bottom