I have finally started "The Witcher 3"

+
Well I am finally on my way, finished White Orchard and arrived in Velen, level 4. Playing around with oils etc and doing lots of reading in game.

There was one mission in White Orchard that I couldn't complete (Precious Cargo) because my horse wouldn't come when I called him. :ROFLMAO: Can I replay the mission? I couldn't see how though.

I do have the Viper swords but couldn't get the blacksmith to craft the steel one even though I had all the ingredients, maybe that happens later.

Having lots of fun so far and enjoying the exploring, the main story line and side quests too. :ok:

There was one mission in White Orchard that I couldn't complete (Precious Cargo) because my horse wouldn't come
Roach should automatically appear when the chase part begins, you don't need to call her.
There is a pack of wolves nearby that can mess up the quest though, so that might've been what happened.

No I think the mission is failed if the fella gets too far ahead after you've rumbled him. Not to worry, didn't miss anything significant.

Yeah, there's no way to replay quests. If you want to try something again, you'll have to reload the previous save game.

I'd definitely recommend frequently making save games, just in case you run into a bug or want to try something again. Anyhow, who wants to get everything right in the first playthrough, better leave something for the second run. But that early in the beginning you are not missing out on that much yet.

I'd definitely recommend frequently making save games, just in case you run into a bug or want to try something again.
Yes I am learning quickly to use saved games as I arrived in Velen on level 4 and I started a story mission (Bloody Barron - I think it was) but got stuck (kept dying) so I used the saved games to back out and try something else.
I think I need to do other things first to build up my skill level. Doing "?" around the map. :ROFLMAO:

I see there is a big level jump to do some of the story missions in Velen so I am guessing that I have to come back later in the game to do more, but I am a long way from worrying about that at the moment.

I have to admit that I am surprised just how good this game is in 2021, It's just a great game so far in every way.

It's also good to see that you all are still very active in the forum here for a game that has been around for a long time ... Keep up the good work.

Enjoy the game, be careful with the sidequests and the exploration (points of interest), as you'll quickly be overleveled for the main story quests!

Does the enemy level scale option affect the main quest line too? I never thought to ask?

I am doing Blood and wine dlc currently on my first play through and have definately overleveled?

I am approaching the end of Blood and Wine and I was wondering if the "?" marks on the map that I haven't got to yet, will still be there when I finish the story, or do I need to go and visit them all now?
I stopped the story to finish as many of the side quest as possible.
I know that I was sucked into following the story line too much in Hearts of Stone and before I knew it, the story was finished. I am trying not to do the same thing now.

Love this game so much and have to say, although I am not the greatest RPG player by far, the story and visuals etc are tops (the best).

I am approaching the end of Blood and Wine and I was wondering if the "?" marks on the map that I haven't got to yet, will still be there when I finish the story, or do I need to go and visit them all now?
No worries. They'll still be there. You may proceed with the story in safety.
Love this game so much and have to say, although I am not the greatest RPG player by far, the story and visuals etc are tops (the best).
Glad you're enjoying it!

Happy to hear you are playing this great game , it has it's share of bugginess as other games do but is a can't miss game for sure !

Yes well :ROFLMAO: I have been distracted with restarting other games and then I started watching season 2 of The Witcher on Netflix ... oh boy, I just had to come back and play again, but I forgot all the tricks and how to's, so I started a new game on the next level (Blood and Broken Bones I think it is called) than I was on before and learn it all over again.
I see all the saved games are still there from last year so if I want to I can go back to it but at the moment I am enjoying restarting it, I'll just have to slug it out though and try and get the missions that I missed out on before, if I can remember them. :ROFLMAO:
As I have said before I am not a great player but for some reason I just love this game. :shrug:
Happy gaming and stay healthy all.

Top Bottom