I Have had enough ! NG HAS TO GET SOME HARDER CARDS!

+
What is going on !? They have some insane cards!? I am all for the game has to have different card, but NG it is getting out of control!? they can have 6 eternal eclipse, thats not a problem cause yrden just wins the rounds. But now they also have an insane tactic deck!? I just played against one who only used 4 cards, it was tibor 13 points cards But this guy had 4 of those cards!? they had 15 points and immunity. each time i played a card it just broke it. there was NOTHING to do! i used igni but that only removed 2 cards, i used purify all cards didnt work.
HOW can i beat that guy when i cant even play a card or target him!?

SORRY for my outburts but i was so happy to see they updated gwent, but please!!!! do something about NG. 95% of played use it and they ALL have the same 3 decks.
Post automatically merged:

found him again! he is called merchant of mirrors! he just played 9 of those cards!!! please fix this!

Last edited:
Kekw that’s some crazy idea I didn’t even think of
Hope they won’t fix it :)
The deck is probably very binary and very draw dependent (You’ll need Tibor, Practitioners, Operator, Idarran/Megascopes, Vilge: Renegade all of it in R1 for it to work)
Gonna try it :)

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've faced that new Tibor spam deck a few times today too.
As all toxic decks before it, it will attract a ton of "fly" players and likely will become quite popular, there's a certain popular streamer known for this type of NG crap that is already promoting it :facepalm:

I did win 2 of the 3 matches against it.
One of those wins was using a Deathwish deck but with a bit of control, i tried to deny as many practitioners R1, he was able to get 3 Tibors and win R1 as i ran out of space.
Like the typical idiot that loves these decks, he spammed the 3 Tibors R2 without any strategy, i Manticore'd one of them, used the damage from the other Tibors to trigger my best DW units and won 2 cards up and he forfeited.

The other had less luck... i was using an hypercontrol SK list, i just obliterated as many practitioners R1 and used full leader to win on even, and he only got 2 tibors. I bled him R2, he used both tibors, i passed, he realized he had nothing left for R3 and forfeited.

Still, i think most other decks wont be able to deal with this BS if they dont win R1. Maybe its time for Scorch to return...

Climbing the ladder is one way to play the game. The another way is to play seasonal. Draft requires you have coins or keys, if you are newish to the game, you probably don't have either because you are like me, spending scraps to get more cards.

I'm tired like the rest of you about NG. Either they have 10 locks during the game, or they play your cards on top of theirs with Asimulate.
Cultists imo are not much a problem, they are just like NR Knights, mostly boosts, not much in control.

Sometimes, the seasonal event diminishes the advantage of playing NG. Makes playing a little more fun.

Last edited:
I've faced that new Tibor spam deck a few times today too.
As all toxic decks before it, it will attract a ton of "fly" players and likely will become quite popular, there's a certain popular streamer known for this type of NG crap that is already promoting it :facepalm:

I did win 2 of the 3 matches against it.
One of those wins was using a Deathwish deck but with a bit of control, i tried to deny as many practitioners R1, he was able to get 3 Tibors and win R1 as i ran out of space.
Like the typical idiot that loves these decks, he spammed the 3 Tibors R2 without any strategy, i Manticore'd one of them, used the damage from the other Tibors to trigger my best DW units and won 2 cards up and he forfeited.

The other had less luck... i was using an hypercontrol SK list, i just obliterated as many practitioners R1 and used full leader to win on even, and he only got 2 tibors. I bled him R2, he used both tibors, i passed, he realized he had nothing left for R3 and forfeited.

Still, i think most other decks wont be able to deal with this BS if they dont win R1. Maybe its time for Scorch to return...
Heatwaving the spy usually works for me.

mmhmm. I agree with you brotha.
I played about 200+ matches last month. This month I played 2, then 1 more. Then Nope lol Not worth playing until they do some major balance.
Now I only check the forums to feed on other people's salt and play other games :)
Its really sad its going this way, the fix is very easy! just take NG and hack it down 20% and everybody wins and are happy.
I only started played 2 month ago and i have over 400 hours logged. and i am really considering to delete gwent

DRK3

Forum veteran
Heatwaving the spy usually works for me.
That doesnt work anymore. Like i said, i was using deathwish, so i simply consumed the practitioner put on my side with operator - which is much cheaper than using heatwave on an allied unit - think that will seriously stop their copying power...
Well, now there's freakin slave driver, which creates more copies of practitioner too, besides the already existing megascopes, so without actual control, its very hard to stop it R1, and the assimilate value of practitioners keeps them competitive for R1.

Sorry Friends.
I tried to hold on.

1662768804103.png

I wish you all the best and have fun.

Its not a new tibor, nor practitioners or vigelfortz are issue (at least, not the biggest one), but toxic, binary, and harmfull mechanics of immunity in itself.
As some of You surely renember, immunity was a serious problem in gwent for a long long , and it was abused for a long time. In the begginings, it was used in ultra toxic no unit decks when they didnt play any units for a whole game, and they put boosted in hand immune 12 points werewolf as the last say or immune SC dragon (13 units restrictions in deck didnt existed back than). And there was immunity geaver avallach - if he was unanswered and manage to geave immunity to cards like vysogota - the game was over. So after many players rants devs finally reworked avallach, but the broken immunity mechanics is still in the game, and every single stronger card with immunity is a frustrating problem for players: cat, saskia, blenheim, ethienne, now tibor. That kind of uninteractive cards or mechanics needs to go, otherwise players will be forced to include another tech cards to deal with that. Forbidden ritual tech for tibors , threason tech for sasikia, puryfy tech for defenders, heatwave tech for scenarios, and so on and so on. That is way too much of tech cards to include in deck, especially when that techs weakens Your deck in all other matchups. The substantial changes in binary mechanics like immunity, defenders and artifacts need to be done, otherwise the frustration of players about game state will be only growing

Last edited:
Sorry Friends.
I tried to hold on.

View attachment 11317568

I wish you all the best and have fun.
See you in the next update i hope ( 10 seconds of silence for a fallen soldier )
I am sadly also logging off. it has been great and really fun! but i have beem stuck on the same rank now for two days. I have played over 50 matches the last 48 hours, every time i only need the last game i end up against tibor. i am just tired.

too many have already left because of it.
I wish people would just stop using the deck but people have always been lame. So it is easier for you guys to just remove him.
My last thread two guys removed the game, it really shouldn't be necessary for people to quit the game.
Hope more people will support me on this.
Post automatically merged:

Well i found a work around, this is how to beat them as monster deck.
Use blood scent and then win the first round (easy to do ) the next round, use necromancer tome, to get those vamps all up in hes buisness!
the use operater to spawn a card on hes side, and only attack the spawn card! then use detlaff spawn blood moon ( it will target the immunity cards!) Last use regis! to get points enough!
I have won 7 times now! i even make a fool out of them by, letting the timer run out while i watch tv.
its a win win.
hope this help!

Last edited:
Spotter

Deploy: Look at the top 3 units in your opponent's deck, then choose one and gain Armor equal to its power.
Order: Look at the top units in your deck up to the amount of Armor on self, then choose one and gain Vitality equal to its power. If it was a bronze Soldier, boost self by that amount instead.

4 Power, 5 Provision. 4+ Armor and ability to see 3 top opponent units guaranteed on play.
Order:
1. You get to look at your own top units 4+ guaranteed
2. You get Vitality or Boost.

This unit requires NO setup to hit 10-12 points as a bronze card 5 provision.
It also lets you see your cards AND your opponents cards.

THIS is NOT a bronze 5 card. A gold 8 provision card at the least especially it's in NG.

What are the Devs thinking.....

In current state of powercreep 10-12 for 5 is usual. Now they’re gonna print same value cards for other factions too and call it “reviving of the archetypes” or “you asked it - you get it”.

Spotter

… This unit requires NO setup to hit 10-12 points as a bronze card 5 provision.
It also lets you see your cards AND your opponents cards.

THIS is NOT a bronze 5 card. A gold 8 provision card at the least especially it's in NG.

What are the Devs thinking.....
As long as CDPR insists on creating and keeping gold cards worth 30+ points (the new scenarios, Renfri, Nekker, Aerondight, Compass, Simlas, Gezras, Saskia, Brouver, Cahir, Sihil, Dagur, Hensley, Foltest, Melusine, Sigvald, Witches Sabbath, Skellen, Kolgrim, …), ALL bronze cards need to play for at least 15 to 20.

Spotter is an issue only in that it illustrates that no bronze cards are being buffed enough.

DRK3

Forum veteran
As long as CDPR insists on creating and keeping gold cards worth 30+ points (the new scenarios, Renfri, Nekker, Aerondight, Compass, Simlas, Gezras, Saskia, Brouver, Cahir, Sihil, Dagur, Hensley, Foltest, Melusine, Sigvald, Witches Sabbath, Skellen, Kolgrim, …), ALL bronze cards need to play for at least 15 to 20.

Spotter is an issue only in that it illustrates that no bronze cards are being buffed enough.
Actually Spotters are a bit ridiculous, i tested it out properly yesterday...

Screenshot_20220921-182851_Gwent.jpg

This deck just plays spotters from start to finish of a match, except last turn.
And spotters are pointslam, which is supposed to be beaten by engines in the infamous triangle, but they consistently beat ST Harmony scenario :shrug:

Right now pointslam with control beats everything. Even SC with infamous scenario relies on Milva-poison-package for control and Simlas for pointslam.
Not to mention most boring (yet still tier-1) deck you can imagine - Renfri-Triss-Locks. And this works mainly due to OP bronzes like slavedriver, nausicaa or spotters.

Top Bottom