"I have Yrden" Taunt

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I have Yrden in my deck (I play mostly ST and in its current state, it can't out-engine, out-pointslam, out-control anything in the game and the only hope is to get massive value from Scorch or Yrden to have a remote chance of winning). Have been playing GT for sometime and Yrden single handedly wins the games I win. If the opponent deck doesn't suffer from Yrden I lose, but it is still fine. The most popular NG, SY and MO decks go tall and I won some games with Yrden.

While Yrden is the only way I win, I still feel dirty to win the entire game with Yrden. What is funny and sad at the same time is, the opponents think how to boost and they really play well to get the most value. They think they are going to win the game from the beginning (I mean, as soon as they see GT, they might laugh and play comfortably as winning is guaranteed). And in the last card I slap Yrden and win.

While, all I want to say is dammit, I want to suggest that there should be a Taunt called "I have Yrden" and CDPR can do it's part to make sure that this Taunt is enabled only if Yrden is in hand. So, if I send "I have Yrden", people will just play faster and they will know what to expect too. Or there should be a way for us to reveal a card in our hand. Basically, to prepare the opponent that they are going to lose and no need to think or plan or anything and just play faster or resign and save some time.

This taunt or revealing the card is anyhow optional for the player who has Yrden. I think this will be a good QoL improvement. Please don't mistake me. I don't want or expect a nerf to Yrden. I don't want to debate if this is a "necessary evil" or "purely evil". All I am saying is, such a Taunt or Reveal will make the players aware that "not your lucky day/game".

Yeah no. It would have to be made for all voices, in all languages that have audio localisation.

Would be a total waste of time and work.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Ay, a more versatile taunt would likely be a better choice, as not all of us run Yrden in our decks.

I do miss the 'dammit' option, though -- 'twould be ideal for misplays, and when an opponent pulls out some frustrating card, like Eist (to name a recent example).

haha, I actually like this idea. Yrden is THE most powerful card in the game, IMO. The one card that can win the game instantly. In this sense I don't understand why Kolgrim is hated but Yrden is not. Basically, 10 minutes game can be a waste of time if the player finishes with Yrden. It might save them some time and positivity if they knew that Yrden is coming ;-)

For just 11 provisions this card was autoinclude in most of my decks. And I imagine how annoying this was for other players, so I gradually taken it out of all decks.

rrc

Forum veteran
Yeah no. It would have to be made for all voices, in all languages that have audio localisation.

Would be a total waste of time and work.
Yes, I agree. If there is one taunt that should be added, it should be Dammit!!!!
Ay, a more versatile taunt would likely be a better choice, as not all of us run Yrden in our decks.

I do miss the 'dammit' option, though -- 'twould be ideal for misplays, and when an opponent pulls out some frustrating card, like Eist (to name a recent example).
Yes... I ever sooo miss "Dammit". It was removed to add "Hurry Up" to help players remember to click End Turn during Homecoming time. It was supposed to be there only for a while when beta players get used to the End Turn. It has even been QoLed so much that "Hurry Up" is just yet another "I am a bully" options along with redundant "You are doing down", "Watch this", "Bad Move".

haha, I actually like this idea. Yrden is THE most powerful card in the game, IMO. The one card that can win the game instantly. In this sense I don't understand why Kolgrim is hated but Yrden is not. Basically, 10 minutes game can be a waste of time if the player finishes with Yrden. It might save them some time and positivity if they knew that Yrden is coming ;-)

For just 11 provisions this card was autoinclude in most of my decks. And I imagine how annoying this was for other players, so I gradually taken it out of all decks.
Saying Yrden is auto include is incorrect IMO. I haven't faced a single Yrden till now. I added it only because I play ST which has no way to match the tempo of any other faction and I had to add this to compensate for the lack of power. But I agree. Yrden basically says "Yes mate.. you played really well. You drew well. You sequenced it well. But none of that matters now. GG"

But Yrden bricks against SK which is one of the top factions and has always been. While it single handedly wins certain games, it carries a risk of not getting value from one of the strongest and most powerful faction.

Top Bottom