I hope CP2077 also has attractive men.. ;-;

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The boob issue is very likely to be caused by the engine, or rather the fact that designers have to work around the limitations of the engine. Large boobs are very likely to cause clipping issues with most of the clothes. So rather than make unique character models with a limited set of clothes, they reduce the bodytypes into a set few which function with all the clothes.

Clipping excuse is practically a meme, because MMOs allow more freedom with body sliders, long hair and weird gear combos and you don't see fans complaining about that :think:

If this is really an engine limitation then since we can wear gang style clothing if we use same models and not custom made for V then female V will be forced to same body shape as well.

Every game re uses same body shape for their characters. They have few shapes created in thier engine( for example: slim,fat, etc.) and use them to populate the world. Games like Last of Us 2 do that too( you can see same body and animations for all enemies just different looks here and there) so it is not only open world games. Amazing that some of you still dont get it and think this is some weird lore reason or whatever. lol

I genuinely and sincerely appreciate this thread for being an equal opportunity perv towards the boys.

I’m a heterosexual straight guy myself, but I think the industry could cater towards those who orient their sexuality towards men.

Upon reading this thread until today, while I understand the concerns & hungriness from some people for attractive male looking characters (LOL), I think characterizations are far more important, especially since looks will always be subjective. Also, tbh so far I think some of the male characters being shown actually have much more distinctive & "cooler" designs imo.

Who knows maybe the characters you thought "ugly" actually pretty "hot" on the inside LOL

Well, (default) male V already downgraded from this Avengers Level beefcake...
View attachment 11048420

...to this Chicago Fire minor character looking like...
View attachment 11048417

Still makes me sad :(

Honestly, I'm mainly concerned that the clothing options for males won't be as good for females. Typically in games they fall short, and sometimes egregiously so. We gotta look and dress like the hottest thing in Night City while burning it to the ground!

Not really a fair comparison since the first you linked is from a cinematic cgi trailer...
Post automatically merged:

Thanks but I really wish I had a concrete answer from a Dev.

This forum isnt a place to reach the devs. They do browse here and occasionly reply but its not intended to be a place to ask devs quesitons.

Last edited:
I disagree with you. The boob issue is very likely to be caused by the engine, or rather the fact that designers have to work around the limitations of the engine. Large boobs are very likely to cause clipping issues with most of the clothes. So rather than make unique character models with a limited set of clothes, they reduce the bodytypes into a set few which function with all the clothes. Maybe they deviate from this eventually, one can hope. I mean... the Animals exist. Why can't there be some dirtgirls with hefty cleavage?

The current character models may look realistic, but they don't look the sort of realistically extravagant you would expect in a world where extreme bodymodding is a thing. The bodymodding seems to be entirely concentrated on combat, rather than appearance.

View attachment 11060975

Uh, the faces on the background look.. strange. But this is taken from a TV show apparently
Clothes are also design related, and the existence of the animals gang disproves the engine limitation theory. I do agree that lore-wise it makes no sense that there isn't bigger variation through cyber modding though. :shrug:
They're mannequins lol
I think it's possible that they're people that have modded themselves to look like mannequins on purpose.
Every game re uses same body shape for their characters. They have few shapes created in thier engine( for example: slim,fat, etc.) and use them to populate the world. Games like Last of Us 2 do that too( you can see same body and animations for all enemies just different looks here and there) so it is not only open world games. Amazing that some of you still dont get it and think this is some weird lore reason or whatever. lol
I believe I said it was possible it was a lore related reason, but I still also argued that I think it contradicts the game lore as well, for other reasons.
I....very regretfully state, I notice this as well. I'm not one of those people that is like "Oh yea I need the largest of boobies!" No no, but seriously, how is it possible that all of the breasts and butts in what, like 99% of all females and most males butts are small in this game? Even among standard non-modified humans, there is obviously a larger variation and diversity than this, and considering that in 2077, and Cyberpunk lore that people can modify themselves, and very often do so, There should be even more common instances of people with a larger variety of body features. I'm not saying all characters are like this, I'm just saying that far too many of them seem to be the same in the body feature size and shape department. I'm 100% sure someone is going to really really misunderstand and think we're discussing bodyweight, but I'm just making it clear that this is not in any way what I'm talking about, at least me anyway. I know someone will also say "but everyone is poor because it's a dystopia and they eat too little to grow that way!" But then again, look at all the junk food in Night City! Burritos, Pirogies, Sushi, clearly there are ways to be well fed if you have the Eddies$ for it. So what's the reasoning? Butt yes, I do notice this!

No one thinks that because Nobody has proven the existence of Sasquatch relationships, Dumdum just doesn't understand how relationships work, and every time anyone tries to get into a relationship with Royce, he just rolls away. :think:
:think::confused: It's kind of a confusing situation....
The only thing I can think of is that 99% of all people in Night City have intentionally modified themselves to have small breasts and behinds or something. But then what about all the Burritos? I don't even know anymore. I would love to hear some feedback from CDPR on the subject. If there's a good reason then I can accept that.

Last edited:
Opportunities are equals in a world where not even one woman cares about getting a boob job.
KakitaTatsumaru, stop making me have to buy new keyboards! :ROFLMAO:

I just think it's weird how almost all the men and woman are walking around with robot arms, legs, eyes, and metallic skin, but so few men or women we have seen in Cyberpunk2077 footage as of 24th of September 2020 have junk in the trunk or sweater luggage, with or WITHOUT cyber modifications... How is it possible that such few people have these features, even just naturally? There are burritos and pirogies! People CAN be well fed (relatively speaking) so what's going on? (I tried to use terms that sound cute, and light hearted :sleep::))

Last edited:
At the very least, I expect more equality, attractive content for straight women and gays too.
I AGREE - I am so excited for this game but have noticed a lot of the marketing material doesn't really have many appealing men . If all the romance options have already been shown I'm a bit disappointed. Also, why is there so much overt sexualisation of women but none male-wise???

I am curious how they are handling sex workers as well. A lot of female prostitutes have been shown but I feel like it's all been a very one-dimensional stereotypical approach....the Moxies as a gang sounds interesting but it also excludes so many other non-female presenting people. I suppose I will reserve judgement til I play the actual game. Still, the marketing around this is not as boundary pushing as I thought it would be.

Yep, I was so thinking "cyberpunk" that I almost forgotten about nature love for diversity.
Yea it's interesting, in the sense that in 2020 I go outside and I can see people of all kinds of different shapes and sizes and stuff, and even skinny people with a wide variety and degree of different I guess, shaped and sized features. It confuses me that this isn't even more pronounced in Cyberpunk2077 (in 2077!) considering that most people are still at least some percentage of meat and bones, but now have all of these cybermods for every single part of their body. Why isn't that diversity of body features even more pronounced than it is in 2020? I hope my usage of the word diversity contextually makes sense in the way that I am using it. I am trying my best to describe something I have never described before. This is very interesting because Cyberpunk2077 is bringing a lot of new discussions to the table, so it's not just a masterpiece of a game, but also a philosophical pioneer. Very deep the effects of this game on the future of our world. It's good to talk about things. Very healthy in fact.

Yea it's interesting, in the sense that in 2020 I go outside and I can see people of all kinds of different shapes and sizes and stuff, and even skinny people with a wide variety and degree of different I guess, shaped and sized features. It confuses me that this isn't even more pronounced in Cyberpunk2077 (in 2077!) considering that most people are still at least some percentage of meat and bones, but now have all of these cybermods for every single part of their body. Why isn't that diversity of body features even more pronounced than it is in 2020? I hope my usage of the word diversity contextually makes sense in the way that I am using it. I am trying my best to describe something I have never described before. This is very interesting because Cyberpunk2077 is bringing a lot of new discussions to the table, so it's not just a masterpiece of a game, but also a philosophical pioneer. Very deep the effects of this game on the future of our world. It's good to talk about things. Very healthy in fact.
Show me open world game engine that creates all non story npcs with different body features and sizes. I look at GTA,Saints Row , Red Dead, Witcher, Horizon etc. and i dont see it. Devs have few shapes and re use them. They dont hand craft every npc in the city and give one bigger boobs and the other bigger ass lol. This is still video game with limitations

Show me open world game engine that creates all non story npcs with different body features and sizes. I look at GTA,Saints Row , Red Dead, Witcher, Horizon etc. and i dont see it. Devs have few shapes and re use them. They dont hand craft every npc in the city and give one bigger boobs and the other bigger ass lol. This is still video game with limitations
Game engine...? :think:But lets forget all the other interesting characters that also exist inside this same game engine.:smart: Who said it wasn't a video game? The only limitations I am noticing are the ones that don't actually exist. :facepalm:

:think:Yes...? So what is stopping some of those shapes from being larger or smaller body features? If shapes are reused, then the only thing stopping their re-use is their existence or lack thereof in the first place. :smart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree, though I also hope there are both ugly men (which has been confirmed, sorry my non-conforming stripper buddy, I'm sure you've got a great personality) and women too.

But I didn't see attractive men...
I hope the men in Night City are also attractive/handsome/hot (mainly romance options and gigolo/strippers) Not just attractive women:cry:
Men with interesting designs, unique and sexy clothes too..
Please don't disappoint!

Totally agree with you.
I'm very disappointed so far because I hoped I can romance some handsome guy. Sure there are some (but very little) guys which looks quite attractive (Jonny Silverhand and the Bartender - I'm more into normal male body types) but none option for straight female V's is confirmed. Worse still, one of the pretty looking guys has been confirmed to be not romanceable at all. I think, from a marketing perspective, it's very unlikely to confirming just two female characters (even if one is bi). It would have been much more satisfying (for all of us regardless of the gender) if they have presented both: two female characters and two male characters. At the moment I'm thinking female players aren't CDPR's target group, which kinda annoys me.

Totally agree with you.
I'm very disappointed so far because I hoped I can romance some handsome guy. Sure there are some (but very little) guys which looks quite attractive (Jonny Silverhand and the Bartender - I'm more into normal male body types) but none option for straight female V's is confirmed. Worse still, one of the pretty looking guys has been confirmed to be not romanceable at all. I think, from a marketing perspective, it's very unlikely to confirming just two female characters (even if one is bi). It would have been much more satisfying (for all of us regardless of the gender) if they have presented both: two female characters and two male characters. At the moment I'm thinking female players aren't CDPR's target group, which kinda annoys me.
Who was the pretty boy confirmed to be not a romance option?

It's really sucky that they've confirmed Meredith and Judy (and I think the Nomad girl?) as romance options, but no guys :oops:I'm 99% sure V's Corpo boss is a romance option tho- he's voiced by the same guy who voices Septhiroth in the English version of FF7R lol.

Who was the pretty boy confirmed to be not a romance option?

It's really sucky that they've confirmed Meredith and Judy (and I think the Nomad girl?) as romance options, but no guys :oops:I'm 99% sure V's Corpo boss is a romance option tho- he's voiced by the same guy who voices Septhiroth in the English version of FF7R lol.
Wow really ? He voiced Sephi ? That is super cool if true and makes me think he will have importand role in the story not just tutorial boss for corpo V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom