I hope Cyberpunk 2077 has these drawcall optimizations. Also a discussion from 2013 or 2014?

+
I hope Cyberpunk 2077 has these drawcall optimizations. Also a discussion from 2013 or 2014?

If I remember correctly one day in 2013 or 2014 I read that someone asked if CD Projekt RED can make every single item in front of her Player Characters (PC's) face or his Player Characters (PC's) face to be pick up able and drop able like in Bethesda Game Studios developed video games.

All items should be drop able and pick up able and have physics so they move when you walk over them.

I really hope this happens.

Also firearms when dropped and your Player Characters (PC's) pick them up I hope they don't get turned into ammunition.

Like if a NPC you kill drops a pistol and you have a pistol on your Player Character (PC) and that pistol has 10 bullets that pistol that you pick up doesn't turn into 3 bullets, but instead it stays as a pistol on your inventory.

So instead of having a pistol in your Player Characters (PC's) inventory it's pistol x2 now. I hate it when in video games when you kill a NPC('s) and you pick u their firearms they turn into ammunition instead of staying a firearm.

yes, it is very likely it will, for the devs know now that this kind of optimizations have a great impact on achieving a better performance, so now they know how to do it from scratch, so, i think we can be optimistic in this matter :)

yes, it is very likely it will, for the devs know now that this kind of optimizations have a great impact on achieving a better performance, so now they know how to do it from scratch, so, i think we can be optimistic in this matter :)
Ok that is absolutely fantastic information to read.

Bethesda Game Studios now officially has competition with CD Projekt RED.

After how much people don't like Fallout 4 because it has the dialogue wheel and removal of other features like the armor and weapons degradation system.

This competition for Bethesda Game Studios is very good because Bethesda Game Studios has held this as a monopoly on the video games market for over a decade.

Do you have any information where this is? I'm trying to find it, but I can't I remember reading some small parts about it in 2013 or 2014.

Why the hell topic is:
When first post is about making more objects physically responsive and liftable from the ground o_O

Why the hell topic is:

When first post is about making more objects physically responsive and liftable from the ground o_O
In order to be able to have a lot of objects rendered on screen and the video game to run at 60FPS you need to have a lot of drawcalls for it to work.

With DirectX 12 since it can do over 300,000+ drawcalls you can have a lot more objects rendered on screen.

Bethesda Game Studios for the video games that they develop optimizes it for their objects

You have to draw them either if thy are pickupable or not. Unless someone will try to recreate cabbalanche in CP2077 we shouldn't have big problem. Good culling techniques should reduce draw calls pretty well and TW3 already uses that.

You have to draw them either if thy are pickupable or not. Unless someone will try to recreate cabbalanche in CP2077 we shouldn't have big problem. Good culling techniques should reduce draw calls pretty well and TW3 already uses that.
True, I hope very much to see in Cyberpunk 2077 exactly like Bethesda Game Studios developed video games.

Since Cyberpunk 2077 is not a The Witcher video game and isn't set on a set protagonist I hope I can loot everything from every dead NPC's in Cyberpunk 2077.

I hope the opposite. I would rather sink in universe rather than in item scavenging (It already annoyed me in TW2 and TW3), but i don't mechanics of the Cyberpunk system.
How can it annoy you when in The Witcher, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, and in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt you can't loot every single item on the dead NPC's like the ones wearing armor and clothes and most of the items on the ground are also not lootable?

Every item should be able to loot, BUT it shouldn't be something you would actually WANT to do. This is why economics in many games like TW3, Fallout 4 and others are utterly broken. I should be able to take anything and everything from enemies dead bodies, but I should not have a reason to. TW3 tried to fix this by giving a low carrying capacity and preventing you from traveling from anywhere in some ways, but I don't think this is the solution to the problem. What they should do is keep what merchants can buy and sell more restrictive OR just make it so that when you go to sell that weapon that was on that body that the merchant starts asking you why you are selling that, where you got it and possibly report you to the authorities for looting that gun from that corpse. Basically, having in game consequences for trying to sell stuff you shouldn't.

Every item should be able to loot, BUT it shouldn't be something you would actually WANT to do. .

Totally this. I mean, it's a Dark Future game. There are - millions- of artifacts, some cool, some meh. Also digital versions.

Cyberpunk characters don't go around looting and stealing like there was no tomorrow - 90% of everything is replaceable crap. It has little value, especially to Punk who prize specific, often highly-customized gear.

The rest is consumer bric-a-brac.

Don't Reuse, Replace! Disposable Future, Choomba!

Just like the Corps want.

I have no problem with realistic weight limits in game, but the totally artificial "you can carry X number of items regardless of their size/mass" is so artificial as to be amusing.

but the totally artificial "you can carry X number of items regardless of their size/mass" is so artificial as to be amusing.

Totally artificial like skill levels gating the use of weapons. :D

More seriously though, I agree. I'd want the sort of inventory that Deus Ex had coupled with weight limitation.

For example, you might - for what ever reason - pick up a big bag of feathers that weighs next to nothing but it eats up your inventory sace so you can't carry anything more. Or, you could pick up a big chunk of lead that would leave space in your inventory but the weight limit becomes an issue. This all to make looting more of consideration of benefit (should I pick this up and drop that other thing to not hinder myself, is it worth it) than just picking up loads of random shit all around and hauling it all to a pawn shop to get a few eurobucks, rinse and repeat.

Optimally, the player would - if there was some sort of base of operations or "home depot" or something - be recommended to pick a loadout of equipement every time s/he sets out to do what ever it s/he would do (missions, shopping, randomly fucking around) and consider that he might find something worth picking up or purchasing that needs the empty space in the inventory.

Every item should be able to loot, BUT it shouldn't be something you would actually WANT to do. This is why economics in many games like TW3, Fallout 4 and others are utterly broken. I should be able to take anything and everything from enemies dead bodies, but I should not have a reason to. TW3 tried to fix this by giving a low carrying capacity and preventing you from traveling from anywhere in some ways, but I don't think this is the solution to the problem. What they should do is keep what merchants can buy and sell more restrictive OR just make it so that when you go to sell that weapon that was on that body that the merchant starts asking you why you are selling that, where you got it and possibly report you to the authorities for looting that gun from that corpse. Basically, having in game consequences for trying to sell stuff you shouldn't.
Guys I'm not asking to have infinite inventory weight capacity.

I'm asking to be able to pick up every single item in front of our Player Characters (PC's) face.

And looting items in the NPC's houses should have consequences like them beating up our Player Characters (PC's) or calling the police to arrest us.

I hope they don't. The world of Cyberpunk may be dystopian, but it isn't post-apocalypse. I don't want this to be a scavenger game.

I hope they don't. The world of Cyberpunk may be dystopian, but it isn't post-apocalypse. I don't want this to be a scavenger game.
It doesn't have to be made to be a video game where you have to scavenge.

Look at The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind it doesn't have much scavenging at all compared to Fallout 3, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Fallout 4.

But what's the point of being able to pick up everything if you can't use it?
And if you can use it, what's the point if it isn't important in any way to the game?

If the developers go to the trouble of making everything lootable, then there needs to be a reason for that. If it's just something you can do, but there's nothing of value in the loot, then there's no real point. If there *is* something of value in the loot, and you'll probably end up with a game that's unbalanced, or a sense that you MUST loot everywhere, and a designated role of "Garbage Collector".

Totally this. I mean, it's a Dark Future game. There are - millions- of artifacts, some cool, some meh. Also digital versions.

Cyberpunk characters don't go around looting and stealing like there was no tomorrow - 90% of everything is replaceable crap. It has little value, especially to Punk who prize specific, often highly-customized gear.

The rest is consumer bric-a-brac.

Don't Reuse, Replace! Disposable Future, Choomba!

Just like the Corps want.

I am all in favor of realism when it comes to inventory and things that surround that. This includes what you are carrying on your person. What really do you NEED to bring with you? A weapon or two (non of this carrying 50 weapons stuff) and your armor you are wearing, info on your current quest, possibly some items of interest and that's about it. My rule of thumb for this is basically if it seems like its something you can't really physically see on your PC carrying, you prolly don't need to bring it. And I'm all about keeping the same weapon for long periods of time and then just making upgrades to THAT weapon rather than just picking up any weapon you see on a dead corpse you just killed. So think of TW. You should not be bringing along 50 swords with you.. you should have your two swords, your armor you are wearing, your bombs and crossbow, a few READ: few potions, a place to carry your quest letters and documents and possibly a spare weapon carried at the hip. I also think weapons and armor should not "level up" as you get further in the game. This is possibly a controversial idea, but I feel this way all the same. Granted, the quests to get better armor/weapons should still be a thing. Getting tools to make some epic gear is absolutely fine, but I should have no reason to use that armor or sword from that enemy who I handled with ease in combat.

---------- Updated at 01:37 AM ----------

But what's the point of being able to pick up everything if you can't use it?
And if you can use it, what's the point if it isn't important in any way to the game?

If the developers go to the trouble of making everything lootable, then there needs to be a reason for that. If it's just something you can do, but there's nothing of value in the loot, then there's no real point. If there *is* something of value in the loot, and you'll probably end up with a game that's unbalanced, or a sense that you MUST loot everywhere, and a designated role of "Garbage Collector".

Because you should have the option to look through things to find things that are actually of value to you. Most of what you come across is going to be utter junk. But every once in a while you will come across an item that is too good to pass up. Maybe an enemy mob is carrying a valuable ring or something.. you need to check his corpse to see if there is anything worth while to take for these rare opportunities where you find something really worth while. Something can also be said for realism.. IRL, If I kill someone I have the chance to take anything and everything from them if they are dead, doesn't mean I want to, but I can. But then again, maybe I am actually killing them for the sole purpose of taking a specific item from them. I'd prefer to have to look through things realistically to find what I am looking for rather than it just being handed to me.

I think we can all agree that the most important question, here, is why your user-name is grey, while ours are baby blue. :D

Secret team - CD Projekt Grey

Top Bottom