I just reached Rank 8 and I am NOT going to play Ranked till Season Ends

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Thanks to the new system of how the season end rewards work, I am not going to play ranked now. I can't understand the logic behind it. Is there any set of players who will continue playing after they reach their possible zone? Whom does this system benefit?

I sincerely hope CDPR considers changing this system. Season End Rewards should work on the Highest Rank reached and NOT the current rank.

are you talking about the 10-15 reward points? Reward points are easy to get via other ways. Completing each tier of a daily quest gives 1-2 reward points. You can get up to 6 reward points from dailies every day.

rrc

Forum veteran
are you talking about the 10-15 reward points? Reward points are easy to get via other ways. Completing each tier of a daily quest gives 1-2 reward points. You can get up to 6 reward points from dailies every day.
If you meant "The season end rewards are so pathetic that you shouldn't care about it and just play" it is a bigger problem. Sadly, even that is true. The season rewards are extremely underwhelming, but why would anyone lose even a pathetic +5 rewards point bonus? It doesn't help any set of players to give the Rewards based on highest rank reached. It hurts everyone and the game also without any possible benefits to anyone even CDPR. So only I am thinking it is a stupid reward system.

Um I think you guys are looking at it upside down. Actually, it's not that the season rewards are so low. It's that the season rewards look RELATIVELY low due to the fact that the daily rewards are so GENEROUS. Let's be real here. No other card game compares to the rewards point system in terms of generosity. I just logged in and very casually played 5 ish games and as a result opened 3 kegs. You know how long it takes to get 3 packs in HS? Not 5 games. Maybe 50 over 3 days of play?

@Sprinkles29
No other card game compares to Gwent in terms of rarity distribution between common, rare, epic and legendary rarity. I am not aware about any card game having such "heavy tail" of rarity distribution curve like Gwent has. You can count for yourself how many cards there are of each rarity. You can imagine what does it mean in terms of kegs opening. If you have trouble understanding it, you can imagine how owners of Zimbabwean dollar currency were nominally multibillionars, but they could hardly buy bread in shop, because of not having enough money.

rrc

Forum veteran
Dear @Sprinkles29,

I was not whining about the daily rewards or how generous Gwent is in general. If you follow the forum, you will know that. In this thread, I was only telling about the (IMO) the bad choice of giving the season end reward based on the Current Rank instead of the Highest Reached Rank. Almost everyone in the forum (at least who had been vocal) hates this choice. Even those who support almost every decision taken by CDPR (including me).

Because of the 'Current Rank Reached', people would tend to NOT play ranked once they reach their max possible zone without trying to push further. Pre HC, the season end rewards were in regards to the max rank reached and because of that I would always try to push for Rank 21 (then top rank) without worrying about dropping from Rank 20.

This choice of 'Current Rank' doesn't seem to benefit anyone. Not even a small set of people. I could logically think how other choices of CDPR would benefit some players or CDPR itself, but this one doesn't make any sense to me.

[PS: I don't know if you are a pre-HC player or started anew, but pre-HC, the season end rewards were super awesome. We used to get 9 Kegs, 400 Scaps, 200ish MP, Borders, Titles and every time we rank up, we used to get kegs, scraps, MPs. It has been nerfed, but that is OK considering the Daily Rewards. But.. why? why taking the current rank instead of the highest rank?]

@Sprinkles29 Presenting valid arguments is never whinning. Presenting valid arguments adds to discussion, where participants are polishing their opinions and come closer to real factual nature of discussed matter. I rather see you as a "villain", because there are distinctively noticeable manipulative techniques in your posts. I pointed out some already in this post https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?posts/11320303 and I want to add, that diminishing valid arguments as whinning is another kind of manipulative technique, where manipulator wants to shift focus from factual reasoning to emotional affection.

Thanks to the new system of how the season end rewards work, I am not going to play ranked now. I can't understand the logic behind it. Is there any set of players who will continue playing after they reach their possible zone? Whom does this system benefit?

I sincerely hope CDPR considers changing this system. Season End Rewards should work on the Highest Rank reached and NOT the current rank.

According to this table you need rank 7, not 8.

Attachments

• EN_presentation-ranked.jpg
    EN_presentation-ranked.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 142
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc

It's almost New Year. Isn't it time for some good resolutions, like not having a personal vendetta and respecting each other's opinion, while also staying on topic? Let's keep this thread hospitable, shall we? Also, one post deleted.

The beta rewards for climbing up the ladder, yeah, I miss those too.

But the real rewards here will come when the season trees become available. Right now, if we take the Wild Hunt Season tree, even if it's not activated, we can see that it has 31 nodes, 4 story nodes and 3 chests. Then If we check Bran Tuirseach tree which is alike, you can get 1500 ore, 240 powder, 520 scraps from regular nodes, 1400 ore from story nodes, 240 powder 320 scraps 400 ore 1 premium keg and 2 SK kegs from chests and 3 base set kegs.

That's a total of 3200 ore, 840 scraps, 480 powder and 6 kegs for 84 Reward points. And you have to add to that the other season tree, the character one, which I didn't consider but let's say that you can get at the end like 6400 ish ore, 1600 scraps, 1000 powder and 12 kegs for around 170 reward points. That's a quite good reward, imo.

So when the season trees are available next season, the reason to keep playing is to obtain more reward points for unlocking more nodes.

Last edited:
Holy crap! I was in the delusion that Rank 8 is the beginning of the new bracket! Thanks a lot Lexor (and wish me luck :) )
Well, there are "so many different brackets" that's not so easy to remember "the correct one", like this other table for ranks...

Attachments

• EN_Tabelka3.jpg
    EN_Tabelka3.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 149
I completely agree about the ranked system. It promotes stopping playing toward the end of the season. It also makes games stressful (imo) because I am so worried about losing rank and ha in to grind back up before season ends. I think that also discourages deck experimentation. You can't afford to play with something fresh and risk losing. I honestly want to make it to pro rank just so I can breathe and know I won't rank down (until the end of the season if I don't maintain too 500).

You're right, whiners isn't the right word. Actually I was referring to Charles Spenser's post specifically when he complained about the distribution of legendaries vs commons. But when I addressed the forum in general as whiners I should be ashamed to admit that I was too lazy to go back in and quote Charles' post specifically and direct the comment towards him.

*Yoel Romero voice* I sorry. I so so sorry.

Post automatically merged:

I mean for the record I actually agree that it should be highest rank rather than current rank. It's just that my attitude is that the game is so generous that I really just shrug at it. But technically you're right, the game would be better for players if they changed it.

Last edited:

Lexor

Forum veteran
I completely agree about the ranked system. It promotes stopping playing toward the end of the season. It also makes games stressful (imo) because I am so worried about losing rank and ha in to grind back up before season ends. I think that also discourages deck experimentation. You can't afford to play with something fresh and risk losing. I honestly want to make it to pro rank just so I can breathe and know I won't rank down (until the end of the season if I don't maintain too 500).

It is so weird that only the highest fMMR always counts but it's different in Ranks.

Lexor

Forum veteran
Nope :( dropped back to Rank 10 and only managed to reach Rank 8.. I think there is a reason why Rank 7 gets higher reward :p :(

Ah... :( What kind of deck did you use? Was that some netdeck or your own?

I got to my rank 8 two days ago and spend "countless number of hours" total to get to 7. Yes, it was hard. I was using the only one I could create (I'm new player so do not have many cards yet) - it was my custom NG one based on reveal and spies.

Top Bottom