I know Dev's don't tend to patrol these parts...but

+
As a computer science student going into the game design field for my degree I always am intrigued at early builds of the game. Like when Dead island 2 leaked onto 4chan I went staight to youtube to watch gameplay. So I know a dev won't see this, but do builds exist still from the 2018 e3 footage or the 2019 deep dive/night city wire? I'm not going to ask anything other than do those builds of this game exist still?

As a computer science student going into the game design field for my degree I always am intrigued at early builds of the game. Like when Dead island 2 leaked onto 4chan I went staight to youtube to watch gameplay. So I know a dev won't see this, but do builds exist still from the 2018 e3 footage or the 2019 deep dive/night city wire? I'm not going to ask anything other than do those builds of this game exist still?

Quite likely. Generally they reserve unused content for potential future implementation.

Icinix

Forum veteran
You could try digging into this;

I don't ever recall it ever being leaked anywhere through mainstream channels - but the early stuff would certainly be interesting to see - since this was even before the e3 2018 reveal.

You could try digging into this;

I don't ever recall it ever being leaked anywhere through mainstream channels - but the early stuff would certainly be interesting to see - since this was even before the e3 2018 reveal.
All I can find are articles sadly. No substance.

Icinix

Forum veteran
All I can find are articles sadly. No substance.
Shame.

I too love going through early development of games and seeing what they look like after release.

I've got some of the early work on the first Mass Effect that shows some really cool ideas and included destructible terrain etc.

Devs dont read their own forums?

I dont know why I'm still suprised...
yeah you would think they would right?
Post automatically merged:

Shame.

I too love going through early development of games and seeing what they look like after release.

I've got some of the early work on the first Mass Effect that shows some really cool ideas and included destructible terrain etc.
yeah its super fun like I was blown away with how much of Dead Island 2 was finished by jager and the game still isn't out. I think it may be gone for good.

The scene files are shipped with the game, the Zodiac boat that was used for the E3 behind closed doors demo is still in the game (there's a reason why the Araska carrier is mentioned on loading screens during the early game and why there are so many items and even perks related to diving and water combat), heck there are BIK video files of the E3 trailer in the game files.
The build has changed, but there are plenty of assets in the game files. As far as the actual builds that they had yes they should have copies of those builds but keep in mind that based on the state of the game now they were essentially tech demos, everything was scripted.

The scene files are shipped with the game, the Zodiac boat that was used for the E3 behind closed doors demo is still in the game (there's a reason why the Araska carrier is mentioned on loading screens during the early game and why there are so many items and even perks related to diving and water combat), heck there are BIK video files of the E3 trailer in the game files.
The build has changed, but there are plenty of assets in the game files. As far as the actual builds that they had yes they should have copies of those builds but keep in mind that based on the state of the game now they were essentially tech demos, everything was scripted.
do you know where I can locate my .dat files for this game was reading an interview with the alleged CDPR dev on reddit that a lot of cut content is still in there supposedly. Or at least referenced.

There is no proof that they don't read it. Simply they don't usually comment. Which is especially understandable judging by the default mood here lately.
I mean the mood is due to false advertising, a terrible launch, bad console port, and bad optimisation when they said it would come when its ready and the corpos of the company decided no we need xmas sales. Because we all know if you have played more than 5 hours this game is unfinished and not ready at all.

I mean the mood is due to false advertising, a terrible launch, bad console port, and bad optimisation when they said it would come when its ready and the corpos of the company decided no we need xmas sales. Because we all know if you have played more than 5 hours this game is unfinished and not ready at all.
I never said the mood wasn't justified. I just understand why a dev commenting wouldn't be a good idea. People would just jump on them.

do you know where I can locate my .dat files for this game was reading an interview with the alleged CDPR dev on reddit that a lot of cut content is still in there supposedly. Or at least referenced.
Join us in here mi friend...

It's not really... the content from the E3 2019 and 2020 hands on demos is there.
There are no extra quests, there's some reference to future DLC, River Ward is still named Sobchak and was intended to be a primary character.

There's 6 primary characters Del, Ev, Johnny, Takemura, Panam and Sobchak (River) there are a few VOs of River that sound to me at least like a different voice actor and aren't accessible in the game files but.

All the game files are in the archive folder, same RAD Game Tools oodle compression as with previous CDPR games.

You can probably go through tweaksdb and look for anything marked [obsolete] but a lot of those things were just things that were clearly even more placeholders of what we got and are in the game right now, so that about as much as the references to the cut content goes.

[OBSOLETE][db]We need to get out with Delamain. Options to be discussed:/n/n- Backtrack and fight new waves of Animals (sounds tedious)?/n- Call Delamain AV on the rooftop (original idea

[OBSOLETE]Allows you to construct a weapon mod that basically puts your bullets on steroids.
[OBSOLETE]Allows you to construct a weapon mod that changes normal damage to chemical damage.
[OBSOLETE]Allows you to construct a weapon mod that changes normal damage to electrical damage.
[OBSOLETE]Allows you to construct a weapon mod that adds a bleeding effect to weapon damage.
[OBSOLETE]Allows you to construct a weapon mod that changes normal damage to poison damage.
[OBSOLETE]Allows you to construct a weapon mod that adds a stun effect to weapon damage.
[OBSOLETE]Allows you to construct a weapon mod that basically puts your bullets on steroids.
[OBSOLETE]Allows you to create a weapon mod that not only breaks hearts but makes them bleed.

You don't need to be a Dev to figure these things out really ;)

It's not really... the content from the E3 2019 and 2020 hands on demos is there.
There are no extra quests, there's some reference to future DLC, River Ward is still named Sobchak and was intended to be a primary character.

There's 6 primary characters Del, Ev, Johnny, Takemura, Panam and Sobchak (River) there are a few VOs of River that sound to me at least like a different voice actor and aren't accessible in the game files but.

All the game files are in the archive folder, same RAD Game Tools oodle compression as with previous CDPR games.

You can probably go through tweaksdb and look for anything marked [obsolete] but a lot of those things were just things that were clearly even more placeholders of what we got and are in the game right now, so that about as much as the references to the cut content goes.

You don't need to be a Dev to figure these things out really ;)
interesting the amount of obsolete things. Id rather not dig through my game files at the moment. But very interesting.

yes, devs never completely delete everything they put on separate hardwares and archive it. Because devs spent time on it and money was paid for that work and employer doesn't want to delete work he paid for.

yes, devs never completely delete everything they put on separate hardwares and archive it. Because devs spent time on it and money was paid for that work and employer doesn't want to delete work he paid for.
yeah no point to delete code and assets if it can be used later. That is just a waste of resources.

Top Bottom