I know technical issues come first, but the gameplay needs balancing as well

+
I've almost got 100 hours in. Again, the AI is fine. Hell, even the regular population react to all sorts of stuff going on. The problem with the AI is the programming gets broken and all of a sudden they either stop moving, disappear or something. That has nothing to do with the AI or the life of the world. It's just bad coding and a lack of QA testing before sending the product out and it's very immersion breaking. The game is buggy and glitchy as hell but bad AI? No.
Civilians either crouch for eternity or they run away in some random direction and despawn. That's not really impressive. Gang members can more or less pathfind to your position and shoot at you, but they have no contextual understanding. They are happy to stand next to explosives, they don't run from grenades, they try to use cover against tech weapons, they don't use any kind of tactics...

And that's before we consider how they tend to automatically spot the player if you're attacking them with hacks and how they tend to be automatically alerted even when they shouldn't be. And before we consider how AI driving is a complete joke and how cops just teleport in and how cops cannot actually pursue in cars.

The AI in this game is anything but "fine".

Civilians either crouch for eternity or they run away in some random direction and despawn. That's not really impressive. Gang members can more or less pathfind to your position and shoot at you, but they have no contextual understanding. They are happy to stand next to explosives, they don't run from grenades, they try to use cover against tech weapons, they don't use any kind of tactics...

And that's before we consider how they tend to automatically spot the player if you're attacking them with hacks and how they tend to be automatically alerted even when they shouldn't be. And before we consider how AI driving is a complete joke and how cops just teleport in and how cops cannot actually pursue in cars.

Not sure what game your playing but that does not happen on my end. They enemy absolutely run from grenades. The Civilians will turn and run as soon as gun fire starts happening. The AI uses cover but how are they suppose to know you have a tech weapon until you fire. Ya, on that end, once you kill one they should register that you're using a tech weapon but then you switch weapons and then what? Extra programming for enemies to think you're using a tech weapon?

They don't automatically detect you when you attack with hack. Don't lie. Cops appearing out of nowhere is not AI that's just lazy programming. AI is there behavior and for the most part, all NPC act according with a few bugs and glitches.

Always the same issue in a lot of games. People crying that somethings is to easy. Go play demon souls or something. I have fun destroying enemies on very hard with my blade build.

Always the same issue in a lot of games. People crying that somethings is to easy. Go play demon souls or something. I have fun destroying enemies on very hard with my blade build.
I started the game on hard because it stated in the difficulty option that this option will make you need to use your cybernetics. And it's still too easy. Normal mode and down = First person shooter. Hard mode and up = how the game should be but still isn't lol

I'd play on the hardest setting if it made the AI actually function, instead of sponges, my gawd, this game's scripting calls for civies and enemies, whew..

Top Bottom