I like picking herbs

+
I like picking herbs

Hello!I can't stop picking herbs. If I see a plant I can pick, I MUST pick it. This makes traveling very difficult, especially since the plants respawn the herbs. How do other people cope with this?

I don't have the same issue ... but I do have to collect stacks of 50 of as many things as I can, and additional stacks of 50 for ingredients I use a lot.Then I make potions in batches of 50 ... whilst having 50 of each ingredient "in reserve."

I did the same thing and I found the best way to stop myself was to learn exactly what ingredients each plant provided, what ingredients each potion required, then figure out the potions I used the most and would be needing to make. After that it was just a matter of picking only the ones I needed to make the potions I wanted to make.

I think you do what you feel like to do is best policy, in this case picking herbs is what you need then picking herbs is what you do. It can be therapeutic. The urge will wear out eventually. You didn't say what chapter you are at, as the game progresses to later chapters you probably will grow out of that urge and into new ones. ;)

hi i have got a problem with the regestration of the game. The witcher ee didn`t find out that I registered the game. Can someone help me please. And I`m sorry that my englisch is so bad.

MrBlack said:
hi i have got a problem with the regestration of the game. The witcher ee didn`t find out that I registered the game. Can someone help me please. And I`m sorry that my englisch is so bad.
Don't hijack threads from others, that's not very nice.Make a new thread of yourself and in the proper section next time.To answer your question: let me guess, you have just re-installed the game, wants now to update it, have registered already and now the patch says your game isn't registered.The patch only looks to the files on your harddrive. I think with the registration a certain file is made. Since the patch can't find the registration on your computer (when you just re-install it, it acts like you have just bought it) it says the game isn't registered yet. The only solution is problably to register again. I have encountered also this kind of problem and have registered again.After that the patch should now recognize your game is registered and continues.

I have the same problem/fascination with the herbs! I tried to by pass them and even told myself leave them alone, but nope! gotta pick em! Gotta catch em all! Opps wrong game! :)Makes traveling hard as you stated! Have fun tip toeing through the tulips! :)

i have a bad herb picking habit as well -- maybe we should form a support group ? BA (botanics anonymous) ? ;D

I'm in favour of this idea because I'm suffering from the same problem, though I try to cure myself with strong reminders like (provided I started the game because I want to find a certain NPC dialogue) "If you continue picking up herbs you won't find the guy who should tell you *xyz*"It works! But doesn't last :whistle:

Oh Im a herbs picker tooI making sure I have 50 of everything and when use them I have to find the ones Im lacking to make my 50 But with me in rpg Im such a pack rat. ;D

I too enjoy picking the herbs, and I don't really worry about it slowing the game down... I recently started a replay, and I am going VERY LEISURELY through the game... just enjoying the scenery, stop and smell the flowers....and harvest them like crazy.... I like to keep a huge stash anyway, because I've found that some plants can be found all over the place in some locations, and then might be hard to find in other areas (and of course it is almost guaranteed that the particular herb you need for some potions is of course going to be the one you are out of if you are NOT an rpg packrat....). Plus, I seem to notice that the Witchers have the knowhow to use certain herbs to make "home-brew" which then makes a nice alcohol substitute for making potions.... (though doesn't seem to be at all something that Geralt is interested in actually drinking... must be pretty nasty hooch, no matter how good a potion ingredient it is). :beer:

gamewidow said:
i have a bad herb picking habit as well -- maybe we should form a support group ? BA (botanics anonymous) ? ;D
I'm in favor too, but i have a much bigger problem. I have to click on anything that has a name, NPCs, signs, Ads, doors (even the locked ones!), and dogs, as for herbs, i pick them all, i don't leave anything behind, in fact i pick up everything that i can whether i need them or not, and i have to keep at least 1 of every type of item, although i know i'm not going to need it! it takes more than half a minute to open my storage. I almost cried the first time i visited the salamandra camp in the swamps , and had to leave all these weapons behind!I think i have a serious problem!! :whatthe:

Did anyone ever find hop umbels? I'm not sure but I guess I found it a long time ago in Act IV or Act V but I can't remember which game version it was. At any rate hop umbels are not available anymore :'(

JSlash said:
... as for herbs, i pick them all, i don't leave anything behind, in fact i pick up everything that i can whether i need them or not, and i have to keep at least 1 of every type of item, although i know i'm not going to need it! it takes more than half a minute to open my storage. I almost cried the first time i visited the salamandra camp in the swamps , and had to leave all these weapons behind!I think i have a serious problem!! :whatthe:
Ah, FYI to the packrats (like me) who just hate hate hate to leave all those shiny nice weapons behind.... I have been using the "things to make Geralt's Life Easier" mod for a while, and, besides having the ultra convenient "Geralt sees in the dark" feature (which is the main reason I grabbed it), it also has.... EXPANDED STORAGE. So its like Geralt now has this nifty backpack, which functions exactly like the Innkeeper storage... without having to tramp back to the Innkeeper's house because that teensy little belt bag he normally carries just doesn't hold much more than a couple potions, a few weeds, a sandwich, and his trusty flask of booze. You can find the mod in this thread: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21855.0;topicseen . I heartily recommend it.

What a great thread. I thought I was the only one that suffered from this affliction. I pick herbs, and gather monster parts to the point that you could call it somekind of pathology. Game Widow: If you have not found Hop Umbels or Ergot Seeds, then I can put them out of my mind. I always thought I was missing something.

Ergot Seeds I just know from theory, it's a legend ;D btw I hope you all got your talent in Intelligence, "Ingredient Extraction" which enables you to harvest more pieces per pick up 8)

Top Bottom