I like picking herbs

+
but...we don't need thousands of herbs and dozens of potions to finish the game smoothly, even on Hard? ???

We do :p We feel terrible when we have less than 50 pieces of some herb xD (Yes, I am collecting herbs too ;D)You don't need to collect all You find of course :DIt is possible to get through the game without them :)

This pack-rat complex seems quite common for this game. I wonder why?And yes, I am one myself:- I pick every herb in sight, regardless of need- I "clean out" every room, even throwing useless and low-cost items on the floor so they'll disappear from peoples houses.- I keep all the food I find up to Act III to get Mistletoe (I won't say HOW, thats a "spoiler"!)- I harvest ALL the items from monsters, regardless of need- I buy up all the strong alcohol types, greases and powders whenever I see them- I make potions, oils and bombs in tidy grouped numbers so I have some on Geralt, and spares with the Innkeeper.I even went as far as to kill ALL the "mutagenic" monsters JUST to give Geralt the talents he needed, regardless of my normal moral standards.This complex leads, of course to another gamer's problem: grinding.Glad to see others do it, and that my habits aren't just my own.

Chuckles said:
- I keep all the food I find up to Act III to get Mistletoe (I won't say HOW, thats a "spoiler"!)
This is very smart and should go into http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Shopping_List:_Act_I I mean Hydragenum and Nigredo isn't available from other ingredients up to these chapters?

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
- I keep all the food I find up to Act III to get Mistletoe (I won't say HOW, thats a "spoiler"!)
This is very smart and should go into http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Shopping_List:_Act_I I mean Hydragenum and Nigredo isn't available from other ingredients up to these chapters?
Oh, I had not seen that shopping list before. That is totally helpful. I think I will have to print it out, or at least memorize. And I suppose I will have to start talking to some more of those whacky old ladies....I usually do talk to a few of them, if only because the conversations can be hilarious. I don't kill all the mutagenic monsters though... I would get the guilts. I tend to try to play as the "Mercenary Swordsman of Eternal Niceness and Extreme PackRatitis" most of the time. Which, I will note, this game does not make easy to do.

;D I do not pick up all the herbs, but last week I bought a tea just because there was Verbena in it ;D

I ended up discovering leeks as a favorite vegetable because of Oblivion. I had never eaten them before, didn't know of them as a vegetable, and ended up because of the game (which has leeks to harvest), trying them out when I saw them in a grocery store. New favorite food, courtesy of a computer game. :)

may i recommend "12 months of monsatery soups" by Brother Victor D'Avila-Latourrette --- you'll find lots of ways to use leeks and some unbelievably good soups :peace:

OMG, thank you!!!! I have another book of monestary cooking, and this one looks like a perfect addition to my cookbook collection!!!!!! totaly awesome!!!!!

It you want to travel faster than don't pick an absurd amount of plants. Just get enough for your Alchemy. When I see plants I'm tempted to pick them as well but I look in my inventory first and ask myself "Do I really need that plant?". If I already have a large amount of it or if it is a plant I don't use, I ignore it.

I too like picking herbs - all herbs. I also like ransacking closets, barrels and containers for every item of booze, trinket, food and all that I can find. I also like hacking up monster corpses and pocketing their bits as well. As a result my inventory is almost always full. Which means that when I go to scavenge some really good stuff and get the message "Inventory is full" I cry like a small child, because I want the shiny new thing soooo bad.... but can't bear to get rid of any of the lovely *shinies* I've already collected. I would therefore like a Pocket Vendor for Geralt to carry around with him everywhere, so that I can sell stuff to him whenever I want to. Yes, even mid-battle - it would go something like this: "Stop right there, Fleder! Can't you see I'm shopping? NEVER interrupt a Witcher while he's shopping!" Then, once I've made my necessary transactions, the fighting can commence and I will duly cane said monster. And then rob him and sell his worldies afterwards.Unrealistic? Depends on your point of view ;^) What d'ya say, Developers?

my geralt became a drug lord at the end of the game :\. no bosses had a chance. everything became super slowmo and geralt kept stunning with pain no npc had a chance.

i killed a few salamandra using shrike alone (where you deal damage when getting hit). game is too easy on hard, if you max out a sign you are practically GOD. I had Igni/Intelligence on MAX and the "wall of fear" effect of it made every fight go like this: right-click....right-click...win! never had to draw my sword except for the +parry values.And yes, I HAVE to pick up everything that lies around but then I also have a few places where I just periodically dump everything. e.g when I play Scoiatel lover I dump my things infront of the chloister. Neutral witcher dumps his stuff in the tavern and flaming rose witcher dumps his stuff infront of vivaldi.

How do you pick herbs?I bought a book from a vendor in the outskirts of vizima that tells me about some basic plants in the area, however when I walk up to the plants I can't pick them, I've tried walking over them, right click, left click nothing seems to work towards picking the herbs.It's been a long time now since I've played TW, but I seem to remember buying the same overpriced book from the same vendor the first time that I played and then was able to pick the herbs that were growing in the area but for some reason I can't now.

Kuplo said:
How do you pick herbs?I bought a book from a vendor in the outskirts of vizima that tells me about some basic plants in the area, however when I walk up to the plants I can't pick them, I've tried walking over them, right click, left click nothing seems to work towards picking the herbs.It's been a long time now since I've played TW, but I seem to remember buying the same overpriced book from the same vendor the first time that I played and then was able to pick the herbs that were growing in the area but for some reason I can't now.
when you level up in the skill tree in the attributes part select the intelligence section and there you will find a listing called herbalism just select it with a bronze talent

I'm one of those RPG packrats around here ;)I have to collect every bit of everything if I have free slots in my inventory.Herbs are my favourite. I started playing Witcher with a friend, and he loves book monsters a lot, but I prefer obviously herbs ones XDMy travels are slow too because of this, but I enjoy a lot stopping to catch every plant.

Zimnel said:
I'm one of those RPG packrats around here ;)
*smile* Being a packrat often seems to go with being into RPG's.
I have to collect every bit of everything if I have free slots in my inventory..
One of the things I like about The Witcher is that there aren't a lot of armor and weapons, partly for gameplay reasons and partly for realism. For gameplay reasons, I hate having to evaluate my equipment every two seconds, trading up constantly. Trade a sword that does 2 - 4 for a sword that does 3 - 5, only to trade that one seconds later for a sword that does 4 - 6. Sheesh. Let me concentrate on the story or on killing monsters or on exploring. Yes, some great loot is welcome, but dole it out once every few hours, not once every few minutes. From the realism perspective, I've been amazed when in other games, something like a cloud of flies will drop a two-handed axe. A cloud of flies? Surely they weren't wielding a two-handed axe! What the hell were they doing with it, then? How did they even carry the damned thing? Also, in these medievalish eras, good weapons were expensive; we wouldn't find them just lying about the countryside in great heaps.But RPG players DO love stuff. And so CDPR made the alchemy system. Players who don't want to do much fooling around with stuff can collect their minimum of herbs and move on. Players who LOVE stuff can collect herbs and monster parts and collect herbs and monster parts and COLLECT herbs and monster parts. I thought that was a brilliant solution to the problem -- no excess of improbable weapons, but plenty of stuff. :)Just one more reason why The Witcher is the Best Game Ever!

Top Bottom