I LIKE seeing a lot of loot. Don't Change a Thing CDPR!!

+
I LIKE seeing a lot of loot. Don't Change a Thing CDPR!!

I think the loot system is great. I like finding things. I like looking forward to going to the next bunch of houses, or a village, or city, or whatever, wondering what I'll find in a barrel, box, or chest. People are just not happy no matter what anymore. It seems that someone always needs to have something to complain about. I say the leave the loot alone. I like finding a lot of loot and crafting mats!!!

I think the loot system is great. I like finding things. I like looking forward to going to the next bunch of houses, or a village, or city, or whatever, wondering what I'll find in a barrel, box, or chest. People are just not happy no matter what anymore. It seems that someone always needs to have something to complain about. I say the leave the loot alone. I like finding a lot of loot and crafting mats!!!

If something is broken, like the loot system, yes.

It's also your OPINION, just like it is mine, that it's broken. Personally, I think the level 70 cap being unreachable is a much greater problem. I don't think CD agrees with you that the loot system is "broken"..that is only your assessment and opinion..just like I feel it's great as is. I would hate not finding anything..what reason would I have to explore and loot if I didn't find anything? I LOVED Skyrim for all the loot..even though a lot of it was trash or mats, too.

Exactly. Loot system is not broken, just like fps isn't or anything else that is a 'game breaking' issue right now. This new generation of gamers will always find flaws, have a massive sense of entitlement, (like the world owes them) always complain and no matter what CDPR does, it will never be good enough. Hence to why the gaming industry nose dived on us and treats us like dairy cows more than gamers.Hope CD Projekt Red goes on a very long, nice, well deserved vacation and doesn't check the internet for weeks. They don't deserve the constant bicker. I am quite content, happy and satisfied with my purchase. Game is fine right now and needs nothing more. Also, if they just left the game alone for a considerable time, these vampires would find a new game to suck the life from once that 'new new' is realized.

I LOVED Skyrim for all the loot..even though a lot of it was trash or mats, too.

No, it's not an opinion. It is a fact.
Rules exist in game design. If you place a lot of trash items and houses in which you can enter, you are breaking, in order:

1) Economic system - A lot of trash items with an high value means that you can do a lot of money. Which is wrong.
2) Exploration - If the itemization includes only boring an weak items and weapons, and the most powerful items are crafted, then there is no reward in the exploration. Expecially because you find all the crafting elements in a common house.
3) Narrative coherence - Seeing Geralt enter in a house and steal everything he see, it's just idiotic. And inconsistent.

So yes. The system is broken. And the fact that you like pointless loot doesn't make it less...pointless.

No, it's not an opinion. It is a fact.
Rules exist in game design. If you place a lot of trash items and houses in which you can enter, you are breaking, in order:

1) Economic system - A lot of trash items with an high value means that you can do a lot of money. Which is wrong.
2) Exploration - If the itemization includes only boring an weak items and weapons, and the most powerful items are crafted, then there is no reward in the exploration. Expecially because you find all the crafting elements in a common house.
3) Narrative coherence - Seeing Geralt enter in a house and steal everything he see, it's just idiotic. And inconsistent.

So yes. The system is broken. And the fact that you like pointless loot doesn't make it less...pointless.

I don't know what I find more disturbing, the fact that you believe something is wrong with the game, or the fact that you are pathologically convinced of it. You don't like stealing a lot of "trash items" from houses? Then don't do it.

I don't know what I find more disturbing, the fact that you believe something is wrong with the game, or the fact that you are pathologically convinced of it. You don't like stealing a lot of "trash items" from houses? Then don't do it.

Robots can't fathom thinking for themselves.

This really doesn't change a thing. A bad design is a bad design, doesn't matter how I play.
If I say, for example, that a sign is unbalanced, and you tell me "don't use it", the fact that I don't use it doesn't make that sign magically balanced. It's still unbalanced.

This really doesn't change a thing. A bad design is a bad design, doesn't matter how I play.
If I say, for example, that a sign is unbalanced, and you tell me "don't use it", the fact that I don't use it doesn't make that sign magically balanced. It's still unbalanced.

Yea but your supporting evidence for why the loot system is broken is a weak argument and is mainly opinion based. I don't understand where this unhappiness is coming from but loot system is just fine for me and I would rather them focus on more important issues at hand or just not focus on anything for a while.

Yea but your supporting evidence for why the loot system is broken is a weak argument and is mainly opinion based. I don't understand where this unhappiness is coming from but loot system is just fine for me and I would rather them focus on more important issues at hand or just not focus on anything for a while.

I have posted my evidence, about the exploration, the narrative coherence and the economic system. But so far I've read only a silly reply about "you don't like it, so don't do it".
If you tell me that I'm wrong, can you please prove it with some proper counterargument?

I agree here..Who the heck needs and "economy" in a one person game? It's not an MMORPG!!! You can be rich, it's ok to be. LOL...how are you supposed to buy things if you are dirt poor?

---------- Updated at 01:25 PM ----------

I agree Zero..I'd like monster scaling, and the ability to actually reach the level cap of 70..be decked out in awesome gear when I do put in the work to finish the entire game, be rich, and feel like a badass. That's why I play RPG's..for the progression, for the feeling all my questing and leveling has paid off, not to be a princes pauper at endgame, with no money, no items, and a feeling of...why did I do this?

The loot become too much and doesn't serve any purpose after some point. Various Gears are also there just for the sake of it, they lose their uniqueness and values. I hate level based gears, they're too excessive. Should have just focused on one steel sword, one silver sword, then upgrade each quality as we progress further in the game with rare materials scattered on the map, not just random loot scattered on the map and ended up as junks to be sold at nearest merchant.

Like for example the quest for master armorer we need acid to make armor hardened and can withstand crossbow bolt piercing and the acid is obtained from archgriffin. That makes more sense. They should come up with more ideas like that for increasing durability, increase damage. Or another example to make crossbow more powerful is by upgrading its string using powerful monster's innard like their muscles or something.

No, it's not ok.
You HAVE to be poor.

Well, maybe you have to be, but I sure don't want to be. Maybe you should start your own game designing company, and show CDPR how to do it right?

---------- Updated at 01:30 PM ----------

The loot become too much and doesn't serve any purpose after some point. Various Gears are also there just for the sake of it, they lose their uniqueness and values. I hate level based gears, they're too excessive. Should have just focused on one steel sword, one silver sword, then upgrade each quality as we progress further in the game with rare materials scattered on the map, not just random loot scattered on the map and ended up as junks to be sold at nearest merchant.

Like for example the quest for master armorer we need acid to make armor hardened and can withstand crossbow bolt piercing and the acid is obtained from archgriffin. That makes more sense. They should come up with more ideas like that for increasing durability, increase damage. Or another example to make crossbow more powerful is by upgrading its string using powerful monster's innard like their muscles or something.

While your idea makes sense, I don't want every quest to be "To upgrade this sword, or upgrade this crossbow" I like quest variety. I just like looting things. I'm glad there are a lot of them in this game to loot. Makes the game more fun to me. I'm not lazy, I don't mind trecking back to town to sell. That is part of the problem nowadays..Everyone wants to do everything so damn fast, they get ticked if they have to run back to town and sell, because OMG, that means I can't complete the game at warp 9 and start a new game tomorrow!

No, it's not ok.
You HAVE to be poor.

The whole game was built off the idea of choice. Maybe some will take Geralt into a direction of sin, killing, collecting loot and becoming incredibly rich while others choose a more humbled approach of owning only what is needed and only killing when they have to. I like the idea that people can either be a badass or be a evil badass. lol

Well, maybe you have to be, but I sure don't want to be. Maybe you should start your own game designing company, and show CDPR how to do it right?

Do you know what an RPG is?
An RPG is all about playing as a character. In this case, as a witcher. And a witcher is a poor guy.
If the economic system is broken (because it is) and you have a lot of money, then even contracts quest are broken, because there is no point in do those quests.

An RPG is all about playing as a character. In this case, as a witcher. And a witcher is a poor guy.
If the economic system is broken (because it is) and you have a lot of money, then even contracts quest are broken, because there is no point in do those quests.

lol really? seems like almost every contract quest is I do, I never get paid and if I do it comes from coin that was inside their shoes or a hidden box containing a ring out in a barn. When I need money, I dont start doing contracts that for sure. Only thing I like contracts for is XP. Same with questing. I make plenty of money by exploring.

What is broken is not the loot its the fact we have too much crafting materials and nothing to do with them. Thats the problem. Instead of nerfing loot, I think it would be better if they gave us more stuff to use materials on. Maybe remove the alcohol on potions rejuvenation and make potions finite. That way we can burn through materials and a reason to farm for them. This is just an example but I like the current system in place. Works out really nice. Its not perfect and does have room to grow down the road but doesn't ruin my experience by any means.

Ok..yes, I know what an RPG is. I also realize it's a GAME. It's not going to be perfect. I have a thought for you...If you feel the game is so "Broken"..why are you even playing it? I just disagree with you, I don't think the game is broken, and don't think the loot system is either. Skyrim had a similar loot system, nobody claimed it was broken, because it wasn't. It's all about choices. Making a game so linear to the point of "You have to be poor because all witcher's are", would not be fun in my humble opinion. It would take away a lot from the game.

The economic system is broken, like in IGN video posted shortly after the game was released, buy seashells for cheap, dismantle it for pearls, sell pearls for profit. Meditate a few days the items will restock, rinse and repeat.

Top Bottom