I LIKE seeing a lot of loot. Don't Change a Thing CDPR!!

+
lol really? seems like almost every contract quest is I do, I never get paid and if I do it comes from coin that was inside their shoes or a hidden box containing a ring out in a barn. When I need money, I dont start doing contracts that for sure. Only thing I like contracts for is XP. Same with questing. I make plenty of money by exploring.

Which it means that you are doing metagame.

Not everyone uses exploits. I know I don't. I like that their inventories replenish, as well. You have a choice, you can ABUSE the weaker parts of the game, or you can chose not to.

The loot isn't going anywhere because the entire crafting system is built around dismantling and repurposing junk you've found.

Also, it's always worked like that in the Witcher games, if anything, they've added a) that food is now consumable again, which it was in TW1 and then not in TW2 for reasons nobody understood and b) dismantling means there's no such thing as a junk item with no purpose at all. So, I dunno, I'm just gonna have to assume some of you guys have never played a Witcher game before, and from the sound of some of these arguments (Why does an RPG need an economy? Really?), no RPGs either. You know this isn't GTA, right?

Not everyone uses exploits. I know I don't. I like that their inventories replenish, as well. You have a choice, you can ABUSE the weaker parts of the game, or you can chose not to.

And again. The fact that you can choose to not use a flaw in the system, doesn't change anything. That flaw still exist, no matter how someone plays.

I didn't use it, I ended up with 31k Crowns when finished the game, now I have 36k Crowns after doing leftover sidequest/contract quests and visit a lot of leftover question mark quests. Even if I stopped looting when I got like 10k I bet that would be more than enough.

lol really? seems like almost every contract quest is I do, I never get paid and if I do it comes from coin that was inside their shoes or a hidden box containing a ring out in a barn. When I need money, I dont start doing contracts that for sure. Only thing I like contracts for is XP. Same with questing. I make plenty of money by exploring.

What is broken is not the loot its the fact we have too much crafting materials and nothing to do with them. Thats the problem. Instead of nerfing loot, I think it would be better if they gave us more stuff to use materials on. Maybe remove the alcohol on potions rejuvenation and make potions finite. That way we can burn through materials and a reason to farm for them. This is just an example but I like the current system in place. Works out really nice. Its not perfect and does have room to grow down the road but doesn't ruin my experience by any means.

The only reason why loot feels so convoluted is the fact that crafting doesn't measure up... alchemy before everything else, but also gear crafting. Repairing gear, in example should not only cost money, it should also take components... combine that with, say new gear like traps, and consumable potions/oils/bombs, and loot would be much more valuable all of a sudden.

This really doesn't change a thing. A bad design is a bad design, doesn't matter how I play.
If I say, for example, that a sign is unbalanced, and you tell me "don't use it", the fact that I don't use it doesn't make that sign magically balanced. It's still unbalanced.

We're not talking about a sign. We're talking about you asserting that there is something wrong with the game because the devs included a lot of stuff to pick up, predominantly worthless stuff that you yourself called "trash" items. I have seen no evidence of thread or wire or leather straps "breaking the economy." And like ZeroAffex points out, there really are other issues to focus on, not because the game is broken, but because it could use some improvement. Autosheathing just as the next enemy gets close enough to hit you and an inability to counter ranged attacks until Geralt gets close enough to enter combat state, a journal + world map interface that is cumbersome and awkward to deal with, an inventory system that we need to interact with constantly while in combat... all of these are valid issues that could use some TLC. But showing up and adamantly insisting that there is too much pointless loot in the game?

Really?

Do you know what an RPG is?
An RPG is all about playing as a character. In this case, as a witcher. And a witcher is a poor guy.
If the economic system is broken (because it is) and you have a lot of money, then even contracts quest are broken, because there is no point in do those quests.

Nowhere in the lore does it say that all Withers are or have to be poor. Also RPG means you take control of a character and play as him/her THE WAY THAT YOU WANT not "the way someone else says you should you".

If you want to play as a dirt poor Witcher by all means go for it, but that's just your choice and we aren't required to agree or follow suit

I didn't use it, I ended up with 31k Crowns when finished the game, now I have 36k Crowns after doing leftover sidequest/contract quests and visit a lot of leftover question mark quests. Even if I stopped looting when I got like 10k I bet that would be more than enough.

See, I like that. I don't want to have nothing when I finish the game. Almost every RPG I've ever played, come endgame, you had a lot of money, great gear, and were a legend.

I have never played a GTA game and never will.

The loot isn't going anywhere because the entire crafting system is built around dismantling and repurposing junk you've found.

Also, it's always worked like that in the Witcher games, if anything, they've added a) that food is now consumable again, which it was in TW1 and then not in TW2 for reasons nobody understood and b) dismantling means there's no such thing as a junk item with no purpose at all. So, I dunno, I'm just gonna have to assume some of you guys have never played a Witcher game before, and from the sound of some of these arguments (Why does an RPG need an economy? Really?), no RPGs either. You know this isn't GTA, right?

All RPGs need an economic system, from Planescape Torment to Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. But anyway, if there is an economic system, that system needs to be well-finished. Just because it exist.
And for the orher witcher games:

---------- Updated at 01:53 PM ----------

Seriously..dude..if you are that unhappy with the game, why are you bothering to play it, and come here and whine and complain about how broken it is? Move on to another game.

What are you talking about?
We are not talking about the entire game, we are talking about a fraction of it.

---------- Updated at 01:55 PM ----------

We're not talking about a sign. We're talking about you asserting that there is something wrong with the game because the devs included a lot of stuff to pick up, predominantly worthless stuff that you yourself called "trash" items. I have seen no evidence of thread or wire or leather straps "breaking the economy." And like ZeroAffex points out, there really are other issues to focus on, not because the game is broken, but because it could use some improvement. Autosheathing just as the next enemy gets close enough to hit you and an inability to counter ranged attacks until Geralt gets close enough to enter combat state, a journal + world map interface that is cumbersome and awkward to deal with, an inventory system that we need to interact with constantly while in combat... all of these are valid issues that could use some TLC. But showing up and adamantly insisting that there is too much pointless loot in the game?

Really?

You can buy seashells for cheap, dismantle it for pearls, sell pearls for high profit.
This is an evidence.

Sigh... the people that insist that there is problem with the loot in TW3 really can't fathom that this is designed to cover wider audiences. If you don't like to be rich then don't loot or sell anything at all. Stop insisting that the loot system is broken cos it's just based on opinion not fact...

Buying seashells and dismantling them and selling the pearls for profit may be an exploit, but it isn't for sure a signal of a totally broken economy. Just something that needs to be modified.

And a witcher is a poor guy.

A witcher not always is poor. The services of a witcher are expensive for the common folk.
If he manage to find a region where the business mans has chronical problems with monsters, a witcher can amass a little fortune. This has happen to Geralt in Touisant.

Also, please keep in mind CDProject has balanced its game to support multiple plays styles and play skills. Not all of them will be optimal.
The loot you find useless can be the main income of an unskilled Geralt who:
  • prefers buys less common diagrams/formulas/ingredients instead of do side quest
  • is addicted to gwent or horse races
  • mistreats its weapons and spends too much repairing them

For other play styles, reducing the loot can be crippling. That's truly bad design.

Tuco

Forum veteran
I don't even think it's actually a matter of opinion, From a mechanical standpoint the loot for how it works right now is simply awful.
maybe not Skyrim-tier of awfulness, but it looks almost on the same trail.

P.S. Thanks for sabotaging a good cause, Bubby. Let's defend even the ugliest sides of the game" just because"; god forbid if things could improve in the future.

Last edited:
Sigh... the people that insist that there is problem with the loot in TW3 really can't fathom that this is designed to cover wider audiences. If you don't like to be rich then don't loot or sell anything at all. Stop insisting that the loot system is broken cos it's just based on opinion not fact...

And when a game try to please the mass market with noobifications (see quest markers and the lack of descriptions on quest journal) is never a good thing.

Why would he need a counter argument for such an absurd statement?

Maybe because discussions are based on the simply rule of argument/counter agrument?
Maybe because when someone post an argument, you need to PROVE that the argument posted is wrong?

Maybe because discussions are based on the simply rule of argument/counter agrument?
Maybe because when someone post an argument, you need to PROVE that the argument posted is wrong?

No that's not how the burden of proof works...

Not to mention you haven't offered any proof as to why the Witcher HAS to be poor but the lore already proves he doesn't

Last edited:
Top Bottom